test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Giants will rise once again in Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder coming August 2016.

http://bit.ly/NWStormKingThunder

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    "Krig er kom"

Im guessing is giantish for "free hugs"
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    When will it be on Xbox and PS4? :smiley: I had to ask, just to throw in that PS4!!!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    IM SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I'm about to lose my a lot of hit points in dungeons cause NEW TIER! And Maps! OMG *explodes*
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    "In addition, our newest expansion will introduce a new tier of Dungeon for adventurers seeking a challenge"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Three new adventure Zones and a new Tier of Dungeons!?!?

Hell to the yeah!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • turtlemanjayturtlemanjay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't want to jump on the hype train entirely just yet. Preview server will tell.

Also Andy please tell me the secrets to the dev cinematics, I can never 100% reach their quality...
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Yay Dungeons! I'm so happy :D
    Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    *wrings hands* Excellent... excellent...
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    So, a new tier of dungeons sounds really awesome. Does this mean we will finally see the leveling dungeons returned to something worth playing? I still have not bothered to touch the ones released in mod 8 or 9 or whenever it was because i have heard that they are no fun at all, just walk through one shotting everything.

Perhaps if you have to choose which dungeons get the T3 work it can be the leveling dungeons you released? it would be awesome to play through those in a meaningful way, and we have already been bored silly of the 3 t2 dungeons that we have.

And you know, having an additional giant/snow themed dungeon like Frozen Heart would be cool for the next mod, either that or it would distract from your new dungeon and so you definitely won't be updating that one...

anyways, please revamp the leveling dungeons, please
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Can we make sure there are no "mistakes" in the future updates? I would like to know what we are really getting... I hate that feelin' like someone just knocked the ice cream outta my hand (leveling dungeons...). Thanks.
  • daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Yes, it would be nice with new dungeons and gearing. But please work on economy still, it's dead right now. Not one Zen has been on exchange for days and over a million are requested. Seriously messed up. you took away too much for us to use AD on, now no one wants to buy Zen to exchange, cause there is nothing they want to buy with AD.
  • engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Is this new Tier just taking the baby, leveling dungeons and making them an Epic Version. That would be really bad. We need Legendary Versions of all the dungeons to require 3.5IL minimum. Those might be a challenge. Did they say anywhere the new levels would be T3? Will there be any NEW dungeons? I have seen no mention of that. These new areas could all be Heroic Encounters.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    No mention of a new class or race.

Maybe that's still coming?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Based on this post by strum (link) we will not be seeing a new class until after the balance changes, which is consistent with comments made in the past by the devs
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Finally some new content, hopefully we get some old dungeons back with the new tiers, like Dread Vault, and the other epic stuff that was the sht. Good to hear that 3 new zones, more dungeons are implemented and a new town.

Are we to see cross-platform gaming at some point?

But please dont leave us hanging on the PC, there is still much work for u to fix some crucial bugs but hopefully your release on the PS4 goes smoothly. Im moving to PS4 side sometime next fall, if the mechanics are playable with the gamepad, but well see.
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    SQUEE !! sounds like a blast :D
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    ps4?? when when when????
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    For the very first time in 2 whole years I'm excited for a Neverwinter module. Please, by all means, do not disappoint us, I might actually believe in this game again. And for new tier of dungeons you better mean legendary, uber hard like 3k+ dungeons that'll take us weeks of wiping before completion. Pretty please?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    daaksanir said:

Yes, it would be nice with new dungeons and gearing. But please work on economy still, it's dead right now. Not one Zen has been on exchange for days and over a million are requested. Seriously messed up. you took away too much for us to use AD on, now no one wants to buy Zen to exchange, cause there is nothing they want to buy with AD.

Lots of Zen still hits the exchange. It just disappears immediately because the demand exceeds supply due to hitting the cap. I posted a Zen request when there was a backlog of over 600k at 500, and less than 2 days later it was filled and the backlog was over a million. The real issue will occur if it remains capped for weeks, because the time you have to wait to get your Zen will just keep going up.

Also, that announcement video is terrible. I'm not hyped at all. "Oh, look, exact same scene over and over again...and it looks exactly like stuff already in the game....giant gibberish...giant shadow...oh, it's over?"

You could have just taken a picture of an ice cube and a viking hat and gotten me more amped.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    kievitz said:

Finally some new content, hopefully we get some old dungeons back with the new tiers, like Dread Vault, and the other epic stuff that was the sht. Good to hear that 3 new zones, more dungeons are implemented and a new town.

Are we to see cross-platform gaming at some point?

But please dont leave us hanging on the PC, there is still much work for u to fix some crucial bugs but hopefully your release on the PS4 goes smoothly. Im moving to PS4 side sometime next fall, if the mechanics are playable with the gamepad, but well see.

I think they said cross-platform will never happen
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User

"Krig er kom"

Looking a bit like a nordic language, so for me it says: "The war has come/started" (In swedish "Kriget är kommet")

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    My money is on "tier of dungeon" means re-releasing an epic Frozen Heart. Already has a Frost Giant. They've played the role of word smith like this before.

BTW, I can't fight Hrimnir without singing humming The Muppets Mahna Mahna
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Winter Frost is coming...

Well, i hope there isn't another green companion hiding somewhere in that new campaign... please make it at least a blue one, fitting to the theme of this new module.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hopefully the new tier will have new dungeons and not just watered down versions of previous dungeons like the way they turned the great Castle Never into a demonic encounter.

Since they don't really say much in this post and the past history of Cryptic to use vague blog/twitter/reddit/facebook posts to make poor updates/mods sounds nice and the recent OP nerf(nerf would have been fine but nerfing it to a level where I rather play my 2.5k GWF is just ridiculous) fiasco I will refrain from being optimistic for now, there is also no mention of a new class something they normally bring out shortly after nerfing the previous class into oblivion. Fool me once and all that.

"Krig er kom"

If I use my native language(though I doubt it is right) it translates to "The King Comes"
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Pretty please bring back not only one dungeon!
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • labruslabrus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2016

"Krig er kom"

As someone who speaks one of the norse languages, (which giant language is based on) that sentence means "War has come"
    Team Fencebane
    Belphegor Fiendspawn and Ragnar Lodbrok to yer service
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Lakkar final boss? ;)