test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes: NW.62.20160518a.1

2»

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Yes that is what i want to know also, is the mechanic of bondings on the test server intended or not. This info is crucial for character planing.

The current silence i take as "No it is not but we dunno how to fix it so it will probably hit live as it is and eventually change if we manage later"
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    GUI is messed up on the information tab of guild page
    [5/27 17:43] [Error] Alliance Error: Invited guild must be same allegiance.

Still getting this same error even after this lil patch I just got few mins ago
    Skyrim trying to invite Defiance to alliance, also tried with Several other guilds prior to this, Something is very wrong
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2016

@terramak @strumslinger - there's a whole thread about this as well:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1216104/error-when-attempting-to-send-alliance-invitations

PLEASE at least acknowledge this issue. If this happens on Production the same way as on Preview with older (larger) guilds - most of whom are likely to be the Helm guilds - this release will be an absolute and complete disaster for you. Please, at least acknowledge that you're aware and actively investigating. If you would like someone to show it to you first hand, I'll be happy to get someone's toon into the Greycloaks Preview guild - just PM me the character@handle and I'll toss an invite over.

Or - if this only a Preview issue, and isn't something for us to be concerned with, at least have the courtesy to let us know that you have investigated already and determined this will not be a problem once the alliance feature hits production. Either way, please acknowledge this concern.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    kvet said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1216104/error-when-attempting-to-send-alliance-invitations

PLEASE at least acknowledge this issue. If this happens on Production the same way as on Preview with older (larger) guilds - most of whom are likely to be the Helm guilds - this release will be an absolute and complete disaster for you. Please, at least acknowledge that you're aware and actively investigating. If you would like someone to show it to you first hand, I'll be happy to get someone's toon into the Greycloaks Preview guild - just PM me the character@handle and I'll toss an invite over.

Or - if this only a Preview issue, and isn't something for us to be concerned with, at least have the courtesy to let us know that you have investigated already and determined this will not be a problem once the alliance feature hits production. Either way, please acknowledge this concern.
    Is this a holdover from before mod 6 when every guild was either Delzoun or Luskan?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wurmschwanzwurmschwanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Please, please please ! fix or nerf the bonding runestones. They are way too op, people with ~200k power? This is not funny. Everything will be one-hit and no one needs skill. The game is way too easy at the moment, if you release this everything is going to be a joke. And you know what? No one is going to buy iounstones or something like that from Zen-Shop because no one needs it. No one will buy zen to upgrade their artifacts/artifact gear because you don't even need it. You don't need it right now but when this is going live everything will be just pointless. Please listen to the feedback of your community.
    which community,

first to get the bondings you need either a key and luck or a pet for the zen store or a companion pack from the same store to get a single lesser one and you need 12 totaling 12k zen, then rp to upgrade them and then wards...so they are way more lucrative than a single goat for 200 zen :)

Second most of the paying community has r12 bondings, so do you think they want to make their customers angry.

Third - they are actually nerfed as we speak or more like fixed - on live you can get 15 stacks for 1500% now on ptr you have a max of 285%
    200k power? more like 20k....

Fourth - they are availabe to anyone including yourself.

tldr new patch 1500%->285% = goood.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

kvet said:

Is this a holdover from before mod 6 when every guild was either Delzoun or Luskan?
    As far as anyone's been able to figure, yes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wurmschwanzwurmschwanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Their customers will get angry when everything is onehitted. And yes, it's possible to get 175-190k power, just try it. 20k on top is possible for me with one bonding runestone r11 and two r10.

15 stacks are only possible if you are using bugs with this new illusion companion (sorry, I don't know the english name), legit players don't use this. 285% are way too much and will overpower the strong players even more. I'm not whining because I want this stuff too, I have this stuff and I know that the little content we have will be even more easier. Everyone will be able to do the dungeons, 10 people will do tiamat. On preview, a team of 6 people cleared the dragon run in 3,5-4 minutes. You can't tell me that this is not overpowered.
  • nigantarnigantar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    The main problem with the "new" bonding-system is, that it grants you 285% ( with 3x12 bondings ) all the time while fighting. That leads to, that support-classes like dc and gf will change their companions. I tested on preview with my AC DC by using bondings rank 12 and focused on power. While spamming AA ( and all the other dc-stuff ) my power never drops below 170k-180k. The power of my party, when slotted bondings too, never drops below 160k - 190k ( depends on gear and stuff ). And i didn´t used gear that gives me huge amounts of power ( only changed my enchantments ). So reaching 200k is easily possible...and that permanent...that´s simply toooo much. Because of insignias slotted my recovery, movement, ap-gain... will be increased as well. So a AC DC will become some kind of "super-buff-machine". Gf with bondings will increase his defense, so ITF will be more powerful. Other classes can reduce arp and go for more power ( if 3 bondings are up atm, lots of dd´s have to much arp )...and so on.
    In short....285% perma is ridiculous - we dont need that!
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Its possible to get much more than 190k power. But not cuzz bounding stones made this alone. Its also cuzz buffs from some classes procc really hard. I dont think 285% is to much. Everything above 285% from bounding stones is too much.
    edited May 2016
    @blinxon
    of course its possible to reach much more power. The problem is that one class will grant you a minimum of 160k-190k power. Having more than 285% permanent atm on live-server is not realistic ;)
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    nigantar said:

@blinxon
    of course its possible to reach much more power.

Erm...yes...thats wot i said, didnt i?
    nigantar said:

The problem is that one class will grant you a minimum of 160k-190k power.

Which class will grant you 160-190k power? Is it the class or the combination of boundings/selfbuffs/buffs or only one class that grants you such high power?
    nigantar said:

Having more than 285% permanent atm on live-server is not realistic ;)

Never said that. I said everything above 285% from stones is to much. Never said you can have it permanent
    Of course its a combination of AC DC using bondings and another palyer using bondings that is affected by buffs like aa. We are talking about bondings, so having bondings slotted is a prerequisite ( dont know if that is the right word...so sorry if not ;) )
    20k on top? so 180k is fine but 200k are not? i think you are confused of the stacking and powercreep and bondings

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    "Legit players don't use this" this was in reference to abusing a very specific bug to massively overproc bonding stacks, not regarding using bonding stones period.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • theovercharged94theovercharged94 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    They should really let us store Companion Upgrade Tokens in shared bank like the Tarmulane bars.
  • ponneylordponneylord Member Posts: 15 Arc User

They should really let us store Companion Upgrade Tokens in shared bank like the Tarmulane bars.

Totally agree
  • vorcengetrixvorcengetrix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I dont know why they allow bonding stones to add to power/Defence AND the 285% boost on none augments. I am sure the initial idea was bigger stat for augments and % for companion (bit like upgrade of the runestones). This might be simple and makes sense players might then mix and match (i use augments so no idea about other companion mechanics).

• l0ll13sl0ll13s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i am kind of wondering why ppl are so hung up on augments. all the time there comes better gear. when there comes new gear every1 starts using those and they become the best to use no1 bats an eye about that. but when a companion every1 used to use becomes obsolete with an 'update', this being the summon comanions with bondings, ppl lose their HAMSTER about it. i never saw anywhere from the start of the game where they said that augments are and will remain to be the best ones to use for all eternity. how about we all jsut accept that companions with bondings are now best to use and jsut move on?
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    l0ll13s said:

i am kind of wondering why ppl are so hung up on augments. all the time there comes better gear. when there comes new gear every1 starts using those and they become the best to use no1 bats an eye about that. but when a companion every1 used to use becomes obsolete with an 'update', this being the summon comanions with bondings, ppl lose their HAMSTER about it. i never saw anywhere from the start of the game where they said that augments are and will remain to be the best ones to use for all eternity. how about we all jsut accept that companions with bondings are now best to use and jsut move on?

Long long ago.. when dungeons were harder and had mobs- and scourge warlocks didn't exist yet we had troubles clearing dungeons if someone brought out a companion and pulled a zillion things on top of us. See: Spellplague Caverns. Even then the Shard of endless avalanche that has since been changed could take care of most of them-- It was easy to get overwhelmed by Foulspawn and bite the dust just walking into a room if your companion wandered off. Thats why most people back then only used augments, besides the lack of bondings and crazy stat curves, to the point where lots of people were paranoid about anyone bringing in attack companions. I'm curious to see if that is part of the challenge in the new higher tiered dungeons. Where the Orcus fight rewards people who bring companions these dungeons might prove to be more challenging because you're balancing risk vs benefit. Or I least I can dream right?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

This discussion has been closed.