Options

Most in demand DC, Haste or B/D?

mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
Right now I'm a Haste but thinking of respec'ing to be a B/D

Comments

• Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Wait until you get the free respec after the haste nerf. Then go either buff/debuff or full heals.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yes definitely - as long as there is the bubble people will want the haste. Both are getting nerfed at the same time and both are getting a free respec ( officially just a feats respec for DC but PC players have said they were getting the full thing - don't rely on this, it may be 'fixed').

Either way you should hold off as you can d/b with either paragon and they are introducing a means of earning power points via a fixed task in Sharandar - this means you won't need to respec your skills.

The current talk is that people will rely on healadins for straight heals and DC's for d/b. A huge number of pallys will respec to healadin and they really do a better job than virtuous or faithful path clerics. (This game is so messed up).

The below build was posted by one of our guildies and it really is excellent:

saxs-mod-8-do-buff-debuff-aka-dps-cleric

edited for spelling
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I second @armadeonx . My DC is only 2.3k ilvl and I'm currently soloing IWD, Sharandar, Dread Ring with relative ease to get boons. This is following Saxs build. I've not run her through a dungeon so haven't tested the buff/debuff element much yet.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Haste won't be in demand very much longer because it's getting nerfed. Even then haste wasn't really demanded for besides when low item level pallys weren't self sufficient enough to perma bubble. I honestly think haste was the dumbest thing they put in this game it basically made you a walking sigil of the devoted artifact that gives AP on demand.

End game right now buff/debuff is what people want so they can kills things faster and get through dungeons and raids faster.

When the bubble gets nerfed we could see a rise in healers but it's not necessary unless you're running with no tank.

IMHO, why do you need a healer if everything is dying faster. On top of that most high item level players should have a decent life steal stat, if you're increasing their damage you're increasing how much they self heal with life steal so you're "kinda" healing. Sad thing is this game isn't difficult enough to require a healer for any content.

Also to answer your question in another thread Demon, ArPen is not necessary if you have no desire to deal personal damage. Personally, I run with an Axebeak because I got it from a lockbox and I like to deal a considerable amount of damage myself.

The other night a guildie tried to tell me while clearing CN to take off CoBL to put astral shield on to buff the GF's fray and we'd clear faster, even seemed to get a little upset that I refused. But he's wrong I run Chains of Blazing Light to quickly apply 3 stacks AoE of my Plaguefire Enchant , High Prophet Armor and paragon feats, so having armor pen allows me to contribute more damage on top of I just buff/debuffed enough to allow my team to do 64% more damage. That equals out to more damage than just the 30% buff I'd give Fray with astral shield (I do use it on boss fights though). If you need a little boost in Armor Pen the righteous feat Piercing Light is bugged and gives you the full 5/5 benefit of 10% more ArP with 1/5 invested.
    Post edited by sax1993 on
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Kaelac ? lol jk
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    Kaelac wrote the Qur'an of the DC. Dude knew his stuff I wouldn't know half of what I knew if it weren't for him :D
    Alts:
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)

• Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yea my very first day 1 character was a DC, back when you could snipe lobbies and rack up the AD :smile:

I read and re-read all his stuff, he even had a role to play in Lazlia's GWF build which is what I currently main.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    sax1993 said:

Haste won't be in demand very much longer because it's getting nerfed. Even then haste wasn't really demanded for besides when low item level pallys weren't self sufficient enough to perma bubble.

Or they will be in HIGHER demand so that pallies can keep the bubble up more often.
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Or they will be in HIGHER demand so that pallies can keep the bubble up more often.

I have a feeling this will be the trend. I like challenging dungeons, but sometimes they get into this "impossible" mode plus lag and network connectivity issues... Sucks. In cases like that, I'd rather bubble-cleric and just be off with it so I don't waste my time (grinding in this type of games is crazy)... And I guess that's what most people go with.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    You can't perma bubble post patch even with haste as haste was nerfed which it should just be removed (unless the bubble is nearing max item level) and if you're in a max item level, bringing a bubble with you is a disservice. Haste gives 5% over time instead of instantly....

Bubble lasts six seconds. All it is now is an oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> button to prevent wipes or get revives. It.can't be kept up permanently unless your maxed out.

If you can't clear content and continuously die taking hours to beat a dungeon with a GF holding threat most of the time and mitigating FIFTY PERCENT of your damage on top of into the fray giving AP and damage buffs. That's on you as a player and need learn how to avoid enemy attacks
    Alts:
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)

• Options
    True, haste is being dropped to 1% per sec which gives you the same amount as an epic cloak... it would help those that are close to perma (after change) but you certainly won't get a full daily in a few seconds any more.

• Options
    @sax1993 thanks again. Appreciate all the advice. Last question (for now :P) I bought a Pure Bronzewood as it was relatively cheap. Any good or just get rid and get something else?.....I'm not planning on being a big damage dealer, more of a Support DC.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Not much experience with bronzewoods I never used them but I heard the damage buff from pure and trans levels was broken not sure if they ever fixed it or not. If it is broken I'd try to go plaguefire, if it is fixed you can keep it but only if you run with people that have terror and plaguefire already covered.

The all around best debuffing enchant is a plaguefire and the defense debuff is maxed at a perfect level so that's all you need (it also procs the 10% damage buff from the righteous feat with its DoT). Divine Glow sadly is bugged and doesn't proc weapon enchants which again is another reason I run chains I can keep 3 stacks of plague just as efficient as a CW or HR would.

Terror is good if the crew you usually run with has plague covered.

I roll around with 2 weapon enchantments on me. A transcendent dread and a perfect plaguefire (upgrade this to pure if you want but trans is a huge waste of money). I only use dread in PUGS or if someone has plaguefire in my premade already.

If you want to roll full support you can drop a couple personal dps righteous feats and pick up the faithful foresight feat and then your foresight will add 5% more damage reduction.
    Post edited by sax1993 on
    Alts:
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)

• Options
    satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    If you regularly run with a bubble pally who is remaining bubble then haste may still be an option. But you need someone remaining bubble. I will be attempting it for a while. A new version haste cleric may just be enough to top up the AP. But I would only try it if you regularly run with a bubble pally and they are remaining a bubble.
  • Options
    The new version of haste - 1% per second - is pathetic, it'll fill a pallys AP by 6% by the time they need it again. de/buff is going to be the only viable option for DC's, especially with Pallies taking over the healing role.

• Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

The new version of haste - 1% per second - is pathetic, it'll fill a pallys AP by 6% by the time they need it again. de/buff is going to be the only viable option for DC's, especially with Pallies taking over the healing role.

False, a pure healing DC will also be a viable option.
  • Options
    At the same IL, a healadin easily out-heals a DC. I've seen it, I've done runs with both present.

With a ton of pallys switching to healadin, anyone needing a healer will choose them. That leaves de/buff the only viable choice for a DC that wishes to be popular.

• Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    From the perspective of a tanking GF who couldn't count on 90% of haste clerics to heal enough to keep me up right after the learning cliff of mod 6, there is ABSOLUTELY a place for Heals DC's. True, point for point a Paladin can heal more, but Astral Seal buffs my Into the Fray and honesly, I have ~110k HP, healing me for 200K doesn't help any more than healing me for 100k.

Don't gimp yourself after the fix. Want to keep Hasting? Do it, just make sure you can heal as well. Want to debuff? Go for it! Want to straight heal to your hearts content? I'll take it all day long.