test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random elite encounters

shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
What are these seemingly random elite encounters that I see in various zones for? They have a large circle around them and when I enter the circle I get a message that it's a powerful enemy. I'm able to join in the fight but I'd hate to jump in when I don't know what it's for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    They're daily quests from the Maze Engine campaign.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    basicly something you have to do for a month or two once you reach the maze engine campaign and then forgett about.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1213942/pooor-new-players my opinion on the matter
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    Gotcha! Thanks for the replies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Side question on this topic... if I jump in and help does it hurt the player trying to complete it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Side question on this topic... if I jump in and help does it hurt the player trying to complete it?

Nope! But you might die. They are level 60 - 70 encounters (depending on the level of the player that summons the demons) so be careful that you don't die yourself.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Nope. It wont hurt them. But youll probably get run over like a tiny speed bump.
  • Options
    I'm 70. I just haven't gotten into Maze Engine yet so I didn't know how it worked. Thanks for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Feel free to help out. The point of the daily is to finish the encounter, you don't have to defeat a certain number of mobs or anything.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    And forget what party pooper wildfirede said up there - the demonic HEs have value beyond just the Maze Engine quest. Not a lot admittedly, but unlike other HEs, they can be solo'd even by less geared players.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Nope! But you might die. They are level 60 - 70 encounters (depending on the level of the player that summons the demons) so be careful that you don't die yourself.
    It's not for them to be careful, i'm sorry, but these encounters should'nt be there... It's not players fault if devs can't be bothered to make up new maps...

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

basicly something you have to do for a month or two once you reach the maze engine campaign and then forgett about.

LOL pretty much..

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,113 Arc User

It's not for them to be careful, i'm sorry, but these encounters should'nt be there... It's not players fault if devs can't be bothered to make up new maps...

So bad things can't happen there?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.