test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Encounter Powers

Comments

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    pan17 said:

most 4k classes are immortal compared to 3k classes in pvp...i have no idea how a 4k sw can get killed from a 3.4k gf ....really...ahahaha

Just try to play with sw and you know. Item level don't tell what gear you have, to do well in pvp you need different enchantments (not all) than in pve. I have r12 azures, radiants and darks.
    Another very big thing is i don't have any guild boons.
    So i could do a lot better in pvp if i would use different enchantments and join a big pvp guild.
    Yea i believe it, done it myself too. Sadly there ain't many players under 3k, it's just premade after premade. PVP used to be fun when there was 2 even geared teams and score was close at the end.
    I love challenge, but current premade pvp is just plainly stupid. Either you win 1000-14 or you lose same amount.
    I challenge all players try single que, just for a day. It's us players that ruined pvp, not cryptic
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I don´t.
    Blaming the player for a bad designed game?
    All in all it´s the developer, not us , who decides how things are running.
    And if he decides that a blue geared class with half boons can gimp anotherone that is full PVP specced and geared, it is by sure his fault.
    The consequence is.
    --> noone takes part and
    --> PVP is a rotten part of this game

Same thing about selfheal. If the developer wants unlimited selfheal to everyone, making PVP pretty redicules atm, it is not our fault.
    If he fails to give us a working matchmaker, not your fault etc.
    Drains.
    Glyphs.
    Mountbonus.
    Insignias.
    SH-Boons.
    Rank 12 bondings.
    Noone ask for any of this. Never needed in PVE er PVP, thrown into this game without a propper testing.
    "Take it and eat it, we got a new mod to develope".... That's redicules in a whole.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    Some classes are better pvp agreed, but that don't bother me. It's those pvp guild sissies that only play in premade party. Or if they play solo que and opponent might have chance to kill them -> they are the first one to stay in own spawn... After all you just don't wanna lower your K/D ratio.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Some classes are better pvp agreed, but that don't bother me. It's those pvp guild sissies that only play in premade party. Or if they play solo que and opponent might have chance to kill them -> they are the first one to stay in own spawn... After all you just don't wanna lower your K/D ratio.

losing 70% of your hp everytime you are touched is not fun though
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    there's no problem on the selfheal side even if you pick everything to heal you up,
    doesn't matter when a TR appears and 1-Shot anyway or a GF Stomped u down,

Both outgoing dmg piercing/Burst are on the same level,
    I personally think that Gf-Burst is way worse cuz it works on "every Encounter" and TR are all about SE,that's it.

the first step to balance that High-Burst/Prone combo should be to change it to stuns.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited May 2016
    The problem about the selfhealside is, that the burst stays as it is and all classes without burst are HAMSTER, because they can throw tons of encounter and none of their Dots will harm those tanky classes.
    A tank burst you away in 1 second and a striker needs 2 minutes to get him to same level...
    Yesterday I met a GF in DOM, blue gear, 1,7 tenacity, 94k HP.. in terms of gear this is complete c.rap, but he could compete without much effort, guess he run a tank spec, blocking damage with ease, tons of selfheal and in between some burst.
    Redicules compared to every other class tbh. wich would be kileld in no time
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User

It's those pvp guild sissies that only play in premade party. Or if they play solo que and opponent might have chance to kill them -> they are the first one to stay in own spawn... After all you just don't wanna lower your K/D ratio.

This ^^ is funny and sad at the same time :)
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    People with bad reputations or whoses GG wont be respected or have hated enemy rivals that will stomp them into the ground on the other team wont come down .

or have hated rivals / low gear / items level people on their own team also wont come down or have friends/ ally or guildy on the other team/ or items a full premade ../ ...wont come down

or (player) wont use/ does not have an invisible ring / drains / wards does not want to be drained so in not being able to compete/ lower themselves to the other teams level also wont come down.

or would rather chat do auctions summon mail box etc from camp no easy ads no rewards .. ... wont come down ..

After Thousands of matches played odds can be calculated pretty swiftly by vet players .. with any number of reasons for people quitting/ giving up / staying in camp / trading caps etc .. I could write pages on this subject alone ...
    edited May 2016
    Nubalert?
    In case you never heared of insignia, drowned weapon, wheel and that daily a GF can pop, just stay out of threads about PVP
    the problem about PVP is not only burst but also the healing done by all those feature, working fine for tanky classes but don´t in case you get bursted in 2 seconds
    ok an example what the fight between a warlock and a GF normally looks like (i know you guys love Minimi)...watch the healthbar of both oppnents
    at 2:40 and 5:10, 6:00 SMASH! :) GF´s HP bar up all time, funny isn´t it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=482hzLPT43o&amp;feature=em-subs_digest

Knight´s challenge for the win...far too easy against that BIS warock even though he is cheating and using ambush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYOl8ZRSzU

vs Paladin, somehow funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O-SI_v6a0w
    edited May 2016
    You obviously are new in the game , otherwise you knew how badly this affected PVP and obviously you are without any SHBoons otherwise you knew how trivial content is.
    Noone needed 5 insignia boni to heal you up at any time and by sure noone needed overperforming weaponset wich makes you feel like a warlock with 100k lifesteal
    The problem about these threads... Clueless people posting silly stuff
    If you can´t stand mobs in Icewinddale with your 2.5k toon, go Sharandar, I never ever experienced any real problems by leveling any class and walking the line to full boons. But if you mean to run Icewinddale or WoD the first time you hit 70, go and die.
    edited May 2016
    Okay I will give it one more try.
    What is good about giving every class the ablity to be invisibel?
    What is good about giving every class unlimited selfheal?
    What is good about giving every class the ability to have unlimited AP gain?
    What is good about giving every class the ability to unlimited control?
    What is good about giving every class the ability to be a dps class?
    What is good about giving every class the ability to be a healer?
    Next step should be: What is good about giving every class the ability to tank?

I only will comment point two, othewise noone can read this wall of bad written english.

In mod 4 and 5 my perspective was like this: If i met a GWF or GF or some other classes, even higher geared near BIS, with high burst they could kill me in case i did a mistake or just HAMSTER up. If they failed, I was able do get them down in between , them waiting for encounter CD or whatever.
    Now it´s like this: Meeting those classes I can throw DOT´s 24/7, and it last 4ever, their HP bar will not go down 1 vs 1, but they still can burst me in short time, if they catch me. That´s the effect of drowned weapon, underdarkset, Insignia and friends.

There are tanky classes, normally slow and tanky...and there are squishy classes, fast, having dodges etc.
    The fight between a tanky and a squishy class is like: I avoid your damage by dodging or just hovering arround etc., try to catch me!
    Now in case the tanky class can run like i crazy chicken, has tons of selfheal, tons of burst and controleffects/prones, the healthy BALANCE is getting unhealthy.
    Welcome aboard! I did same thing few months ago. I haven't played my sw for a while now, but i really miss that insane burst sw has :smiley: