test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quartermaster enchant

kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
From the page that shall not be named i read a really funny blog.

It seems the enchs drop UNBOUND RP, get r9 enchs and slay lvl68 or higher mobs and you get fair amount of Spoils Of War as drops, basicly as the blog said you are now in possesion of a skillnode. Yeah it costs a bit to get r9s but bots got hundreds of millions of AD to invest in those enchs and i bet theyre running with r12 already.

Are you inviting the bot accounts back to this game Cryptic? or is it one of those "whoops we did it again" and wait for people to invest in them and then nerf them like you did with the dragon hoard enchs?

Comments

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2016

We need rewards in the content, not obtaining RP from bots, thats the hugest exploit the the players are doing is buyin RP from BOTs on AH, and cryptic doesn't do a thing about it.

Lololololo... Are you serious? Dont buy anything and sit at epics. Always some whinners. Blame players ye, dont blame company. THey ban bots but not implement any real antibot mechanics. RP demand is too high to be handled by legit farmers. We need tons of RP to upgrade gear. There were rewards taken from us coz of bots, there were drops and dungeons for farming taken from us coz they wanted add 'new' campaigns. All turned into refining simulator. And now you blame people for buying rp stacks from AH... Khe khe, logic.
    200_s.gif
  • vagabond56vagabond56 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The economy is driven by bots; even more : the newcomers NEED them.

I left the game for a long time, deleted everything. Came back unfortunately right after the skill node nerf : I can tell you that upgrading 8 artifacts is a HELL : you need time to get gear, you need AD to get enchants, you can't upgrade artifacts alone in a fair amount of time.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i think the diffrence is it doesnt have cool down.
    but since there is hardly any foundry left, i dont see big exploit of it
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Honestly, that's a pretty substantial monetary investment. The drop rate isn't great, and even then, when you open them up you get ONE R5 or ONE R4.

A R9 Quartermaster's enchantment runs you about 600k. Of course, some people say you need R11 to get the best drop chance. That's over 2 million AD.

So let's just assume R9 is fine. But with my R11 slotted, I get about 66% Spoils, 33% Equipment. Spoils drop the R5/R4. Those are about 50/50.

2% chance to get a drop. So roughly every 50 kills, you get one bag. Or every 150 kills, you get 2 spoils. Out of those 2 spoils, you get 1 R5. So 150 kills for 1 R5, and one R4. A R5 sells for about 250 AD. R4 is 50 AD.

So every 150 kills nets you 300 AD. Or about 2 AD a kill.

Now assuming you can kill a group of 5 monsters every 10 seconds, or 1 every 2 seconds, you're earning 1 AD/sec. That's one week of non-stop grinding monsters, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to break even.

Of course, all this assumes your bot doesn't end up banned in the process.

If anyone has any data to add about drop rates of R6 or R7, I'd love to add them in. But I've opened dozens and dozens of Spoils of War and have yet to see anything higher than R5.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Honestly, that's a pretty substantial monetary investment. The drop rate isn't great, and even then, when you open them up you get ONE R5 or ONE R4.

A R9 Quartermaster's enchantment runs you about 600k. Of course, some people say you need R11 to get the best drop chance. That's over 2 million AD.

So let's just assume R9 is fine. But with my R11 slotted, I get about 66% Spoils, 33% Equipment. Spoils drop the R5/R4. Those are about 50/50.

2% chance to get a drop. So roughly every 50 kills, you get one bag. Or every 150 kills, you get 2 spoils. Out of those 2 spoils, you get 1 R5. So 150 kills for 1 R5, and one R4. A R5 sells for about 250 AD. R4 is 50 AD.

So every 150 kills nets you 300 AD. Or about 2 AD a kill.

Now assuming you can kill a group of 5 monsters every 10 seconds, or 1 every 2 seconds, you're earning 1 AD/sec. That's one week of non-stop grinding monsters, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to break even.

Of course, all this assumes your bot doesn't end up banned in the process.

If anyone has any data to add about drop rates of R6 or R7, I'd love to add them in. But I've opened dozens and dozens of Spoils of War and have yet to see anything higher than R5.

@ironzerg79, if you want to acquire more data for everyone, you could always buy my 6 r10 quartermasters :p
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I just quickly opened up two with only my R11 equipped. Got one R3 from each Spoils of War.

/shrug

Maybe I'm just broken. Or maybe you just need a ton of these enchants to get higher than that...at which point, the ROI is pretty ridiculously low if you're farming enchants, particularly if you run the risk of that toon getting banned.

Anyway, I'm not convinced.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The bags dropped by these enchants land on the ground, they don't go directly into your bags. Now I'm not saying the bots don't have the ability to loot items from the ground, but I'd imagine its not nearly as simple as looting skill nodes.

I feel that these enchants re-enforce actively playing the game, the more you kill things the more bags you get, the more stuff you get from those bags. With the removal of cheap botted RP these fill the gap in the market, giving more market share to players who have them and more buyable/affordable RP for those who need it. I'd consider it a win/win.

By the way, the quality of the loot you obtain from the bags is dependent on the total level of all equipped quartermaster enchants.
    Post edited by archangelzorak01 on
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

Again, after spending another night grinding with these things, a R11 and an R10, I'm not seeing how without a massive investment, bots are going to make "stack after stack" of enchantments out of these.

The RoI on these is pretty terrible. I'll probably keep one slotted, but stick with my DHEs.

But we can always watch the AH to see if we get a return of cheap enchants...I wouldn't bet on it, but who knows?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I have 2 r8's and a r9 quartermaster equipped. was hoping to see the r7 drops; haven't seen r7 drops. only up to r6. These aren't groundbreaking yet.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The problem with BoE enchants is that a bot will get 10 times more drops than a normal player will do. I fail to see this can be an exception. It will surprise me that Cryptic does not make drops bound to aacount like feyblessing and dragon hoard.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

The bags dropped by these enchants land on the ground, they don't go directly into your bags. Now I'm not saying the bots don't have the ability to loot items from the ground, but I'd imagine its not nearly as simple as looting skill nodes.

Why do people always think like this? Having to check loot on the ground and pick something up explicitly is just tedium. Tedium only ever encourages botting.

TEDIUM = BOT CANDY
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    If you consider picking up loot in an MMO as tedium... there's the door. This might not be the right game for you.

Also, fighting bots isn't something you can do by changing loot tables or loot mechanics. I think Cryptic has proven the futility of that approach. It punishes players more than it punishes bots.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I'm not falling for upgrading something then having it nerfed to uselessness 2 months from now again.
  • vaporwalkervaporwalker Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    hate to break it to you, but the r5's arent the biggest draw. you can farm SH mobs for r5's. and at a faster rate, already. the unbound RP mentioned is the minor res. stones which seem to pile up at a decent rate. But that isn't anything new anyway, salvagers enchants (which turned into quartermasters) dropped unbound res stones. but most ignored em. now res. stones + r5's can make you a good amount of AD on AH at the current market prices. Currently making 10k+ AD and hour by farming SH mobs and selling all the res stones & enchants. /shrug

edit: the initial price for quartermasters is steep. but it will pay for itself in a few weeks.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    imo the myth that those enchants are worth anyhing was started from people who wanted to profit from the event and some spare mops - i see no data showing that they are not pos
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    What is this thread?

A bunch of people discussing Quartermasters without any clue how they work ...
    O all knowing master who has seen the original cryptic code for the enchant, enlighten us ?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User

O all knowing master who has seen the original cryptic code for the enchant, enlighten us ?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216535/quartermasters-enchantments-explained

dnosrc said:
    Going to take a bit to get myself up to that 10.5% threshold (what a weird mechanic...), but it might actually be worth it to have at least one character that you can farm up some bags with. Worst case scenario the purple bags make for pretty good surplus equipment donations, and who doesn't need more of that?
    dnorsrc thanks for reposting what ironzerg said a few posts up in a different thread...

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

dnorsrc thanks for reposting what ironzerg said a few posts up in a different thread...

Where? I hadn't seen anyone else say that the drop rate for higher ranked enchants is improved by the cumulative % chance from your quartermaster enchants ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Where? I hadn't seen anyone else say that the drop rate for higher ranked enchants is improved by the cumulative % chance from your quartermaster enchants ...

It was sort of in the following response to what ironzerg was saying about the results he was getting.

use r10 while you open them, i havent got a single r5, only r6.

Not explicitly stated, but in retrospect it reads as saying "equipping higher ranked enchants when you open them yields better enchants".
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Actually dnorsc was fairly specific. Quite a bit more specific than anything in this thread.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

The economy is driven by bots; even more : the newcomers NEED them.

I left the game for a long time, deleted everything. Came back unfortunately right after the skill node nerf : I can tell you that upgrading 8 artifacts is a HELL : you need time to get gear, you need AD to get enchants, you can't upgrade artifacts alone in a fair amount of time.

I've never bought RP from the AH. "Fair amount of time" is opinion. Stuff gets upgraded when it can be. Don't be in a hurry.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.