test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

none existent drop rates

shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
for almost a year now i have had only one item which value is above 100k (dragon cult pack) which has gotten stupid i play for 8 hours a day at least and put a lot of money into the game, i run 5 CN and Demogoron a day at bear minimum and have yet to see any items of value which is getting stupid and dont say it's RNG cus i have people in my guild who run less then half of what i do and get at least one item of value a week which leads me to suspect that something is wrong with my account is there anyway i could get someone to look into this as im getting sick of a lot of work for little reward

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I have a side note to add to this. I'm not sure I'll get an answer on this or not but here goes!

Can getting banned change an accounts possible drop rate? Do mods, admins, devs, whoever deals with that stuff have the ability to adjust an account wide drop rate or have a drop rate modifier? I have pulled orange and purple mounts and all kinds of good stuff in the past but haven't gotten jack in a long long time. I have been banned once for a week with no explaination what so ever and once with an explaination and since I haven't seen anything of value drop from lock boxes, dungeons, etc...

I'm very curious about this because I know others who we're banned over the winter event by mistake and feel the same way I do!!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    there is few words to describe, 3 words, Curse of RNG.
    also, in other words, it could be 'account' "Wi-flag", a nasty code the devs couldnt find or able to fix, it is the bane for all mmo games known to exist, it was discovered in Asherons' call years ago, and devs had no control.
    many players had seen some mobs came to attack that specific character miles and miles away from spawning nests, LOL, my old friend once shown me about danger of killing a drudge in that house, if you kill it, and you see hundreds of yellow hostile dots converse to that house. that blew my mind away with hard to believe it happened.

over last 10 months, with 5 alts, doing invokings, i hadnt seen any coal-wards, which they are character bounded items, not tradables.
    (edited), this had already destroyed players' trust with devs and guys in suits getting greedy.

RNG has to go away and buried for good, it drove other players away and some never come back, knowing the odds are tremendous stacked against the players.

some wanted to cheat but they got no choice.

i prefer progressive steps and reset just like Arcane Reservor/sharandar, until you get purple refine, then reset back to green/grey refines for few weeks of scaling up.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i prefer progressive steps and reset just like Arcane Reservor/sharandar, until you get purple refine, then reset back to green/grey refines for few weeks of scaling up.

I had to pull this out: for one, there is no "reset" in Arcane Reservoir; it's random what you get any week. For another, whether the RP you get is gray, green, blue or purple -- it always adds up to the same number of refinement points.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If you've played for over a year then you probably also could get the Angel of Protection unless you blew your Ardent coins on something worthless - meaning everything in the ardent store other than the Angel. That's worth somewhere around 100k these days.

The market for anything other than ultra rare lockbox stuff is hugely deflated because AD isn't falling like rain anymore. It was to be expected.

As for you not getting lucky. Sorry?

As for the AC reference. I loved that game :). Unarmed PvP FTW!!! It had probably the best guild system of any MMO - that is - player to player fealty. Basically you create a guild one player at a time thought personal interaction. I loved it.
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    i can get two angels with my alts but im waiting to see if they will change the vault of piety as its been the same stuff for 3 years now, im not saying i dont make any diamonds as the amount i grind i usuallly have enough rough diamonds for 3-4 characters a day and the best i ever see nowerdays is rank 8s in CN that should give an indication as to how much i grind and to have one dragon cult pack in 6 months is just silly. on a side note i have been doing the siege event and occasionally after a HE i see it attempt to give me 3 rewards only for it to quickly change to 2 which seems odd
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    I can't imagine playing for 8 hrs a day for a year other than thinking there's some obsession or addiction. It's perhaps wiser to re-evaluate the value of the time spent farming against low RNG chance drops against whether it's necessary to have those things. Most of the time obtaining these items in MMOs won't make the gamer feel special or satisfied for too long, and usually provide marginal benefits while they get replaced in a short while.

I have been around in this game to know my chances of drops and I'm not lucky at all. Being RNG by itself seems like a good excuse for any arguments of not getting drops when we see other players getting them, but that's how MMOs suck you in, and you start to get frustrated or obsess with not getting them.

I avoid farming against super low RNG drops and don't find my game experience any lacking, or at the very least, not as frustrating. Stuff like +5 rings or Beholder mount can't get me to waste my time farming, in fact, I'd stopped logging in halfway through the dungeon master event and came back again now for a mount that requires me to do a 10 mins daily each day.
  • sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I play 8 plus hours a day on Xbox. I'm retired and I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> also. Loot gods are fickle
  • xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I would like to see more interesting items and drops. Remember when you might frequently get something valuable from a BOSS drop like in any good MMORPG? Now you just occasionally get some artifact. I think that we would all love it if upon improving dungeons there were more meaningful drops from bosses and the end chest. Not some useless salvagable blue item 1 refining item and some equally useless seals. Maybe 20 enchantments (as I suggested in another thread to combat the broken refining item market), maybe a new piece of equipment that you will actually want to use. Why are there so few equipment sets and you have to grind some kind of currency for them? Random drops are one of the most exciting part of a game.

I don't think anybody cares about more grinding campaigns right now, even though you get a nice story with Drizzt and Bruenor, that was fine minus the grinding. Alliances looks like a nice move, props on that one, but what would actually get people motivated to play more would be to improve the overall dungeon experience. That should be first priority
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Ive been playing a couple of years, probably averaging one dungeon per day, I've had two Lostmauth Horns and one +5 ring drop. That's probably the only "100K" plus stuff.

but im not complaining cause, so far, ive been lucky enough with Coal Wards from coffers

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    If you mean you only get one thing worth 100k+ to sell? I believe you. Because the game made a lot stuff bound to account or characters. Over the last year, I only got 1 horn has more value than 100k on AH. I believe many others the same case. It is not convincing that this is related to wi-flag or vi-flag or ci-flag.

What stuff you can loot in dungeons worth more than 100k on AH? Rare, very rare. Even you get 2 rank 8s+ in CN during double enchants, it is below 100k. Horn, orcus set, valindra artifact maybe? It is not you are unlucky, it is your friend got things every week been lucky.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    well it would not be 100k stuff if it was droping too often

to be worth 100k it is probably droping to only a few on 100 players every year.

but yea RNG is a #$%&%
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

for almost a year now i have had only one item which value is above 100k (dragon cult pack) which has gotten stupid i play for 8 hours a day at least and put a lot of money into the game, i run 5 CN and Demogoron a day at bear minimum and have yet to see any items of value which is getting stupid and dont say it's RNG cus i have people in my guild who run less then half of what i do and get at least one item of value a week which leads me to suspect that something is wrong with my account is there anyway i could get someone to look into this as im getting sick of a lot of work for little reward

+1mill

@ironzerg79

I would like to add my story here, i am playing this game since nearly after it's launch, have now 11 toons (7 active on daily basis) and are experiencing this again. I am definitely sure the game suffers from huge Wi Flag issues.

I have opened a thread about it 2 months ago asking for help and too my luck @ironzerg79 replied. I am pretty sure he did something, cause after he answered me back my drop rates begun to normalize themselves. I have to emphasis over and over again, that @ironzerg79 was the first Mod, who never told me i am insane or whatnot, but he promised to look into it and as i wrote above i was happy for a while. I really could enjoy the game as it was meant to be. You know when you have the opportunity to play on a good snooker table, only then can you really feel, what you missed out all those years.

Now since the Portobello event has ended and we got a server rest my problem is the same as it was for over 2 years, namely zero drops, closed chests, no valuable items during many CN or other dungeon/skirmish runs and to top it on all toons, yet again.

My conclusion is the same as it was back then, things are clearly broken. As i can see it now there was merely a hot fix applied, but the core issue wasn't solved, cause if it was, a normal server reset wouldn't have brought it back.

I earn very minimal AD (mainly just the AD for the dungeon or skirmish gets credit), except the end chest, extra chest is bugged also many times on many toons. Gold ranks don't help either.

I was deliberately waiting few weeks to seek out help again, i wanted to have a bit of testing time, so not that somebody comes here and says RNG again.

The past days i had a small storm in me, sometimes wanted to cry out loud why.

I am really glad i didn't open the thread this time, cause not that somebody comes along and says i got a tin-foil hat on. Sad fact, what i have learned in my job too, that when a very hard case emerges, people tend to call out names to the victims, much easier than to search for solutions.

I will add another bit of evidence here for broken things. I have a friend in the game, who earns a ton of AD by doing CN and making enchants. Now so far nothing strange, BUT here it comes, fasten seat belts and enjoy. He NEVER uses COA or PWards and all his enchants melt together instantly. No lie, he has a good heart, so he is donating it around to folks on his friend's list. He goes to CN and nearly always comes back with the top 130+k AD. He had more Orcus artifact drops, sad for him, he gambled it all away. Now if one comes to me and says that's RNG i will eat my stinky sport sucks on YouTube.

So yeah the saying is right again, "every coin has two sides". In our case those who have minimal drop rates and those, who win all the time. Don't get me wrong, i don't want everything pronto, nor do i am jelly at those sci-fi style lucky people, i just want what everybody has, a fair chance.

Thank you again!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    A standard problem with typical MMO designs:

Number (or proportion) of players that could get the drop >> Number (or proportion) of players that want the drop >> Number (or proportion) of players the developers want to have the drop.

So to prevent items from being worthlessly common by virtue of sheer number of people running content they have to design drop rates at least around expectations of how many players will actually want it. And since the first "M" in MMO means they're expecting huge numbers of players, that means drop rates on good items are going to be horribly low. And if the items are forever tradable and work forever, once they drop they might never go off the market, so you'd have to design it around how many players will want it over the next several months or even years. Making things bound in principle lets them assign larger drop rates since there's an intrinsic way of cycling items out of the economy.

But frequently in the design stage developers tend to decide they want to create haves and have-nots, and design around the proportion of players they want to have the item, even when significantly more than that would reasonably want it. For some players that's fine, as they enjoy the struggle of going from "have-not" to "have" and the income disparities and economics it can result in it. But it tends to overlook how most players aren't looking to be reminded how they're poor and that guy's rich all the time, and are looking to be rewarded for time and effort put into the game, rather than their luck or market savvy. They're trying to escape the real world, where these things loom large. And you can't have a game that attracts and retains only players that are lucky/savvy (you either get a contradiction or a dead game), so there's always going to be this disparity.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I never got the yeti or the blink dog...RNG is like that girl that rejects you all the time until the time when she wraps her arms around you and suddenly gives you a kiss when you least expect it...Oh! it feels so good!
    reminds me of the kroll blade in another game, people have never seen it yet there was a guy having 3 w/o even trying...

look a bad rng can have those effects so the system should be tunned so that if you don't get your drop you still have a chance.

or if seed for rng is based on your account name and yours generates a bad seed

(so if you complain and some gm resets your seed it looks as if you are unbanned)

imo everything essential should be like seals and elven armor - either you got lucky and got it from your first run or you collected seals and bought it...

this should be the case with +5 rings,artefacts,mount insignias and so on ..like telurian bars opening 400 boxes guarantees you a gryphon even if everything else you get are profession packs....
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    There is nothing wrong with RNG itself, the only way to beat it is to play without it. Don't run CN 1,00 times in the hope for an orange ring you'll never get, run content 1,000 times that will progress your character without relying on RNG. Sure it sucks running elol so many times for 1 piece of salvage at a time and it sucks running a dungeon for a 3k piece of salvage when you need 2m ad for your next R12 enchant, but that's what we have to work with.
    i ran with a group that i knew, i have seen it happen, there are few other players than seem so lucky to get horn of lostmounth 2-3 times in 1 week, and hit jackpot with lockboxes so many times with "admin naming a winner" way too often. saying doesnt need it anymore since it had almost got all in achievement just about finished.
    other players werent that lucky, i heard someone spend 200-250 dollars and got nothing he wanted and all junks, saying it would be easier to buy wards and sell them.
    now i hadnt seen that guy in months since mod 6.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Such is how random things work, yeah. Some get lucky, some don't. Wouldn't be random otherwise.

And my advice is always: Sell the lotto tickets and buy the prizes.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    People play the lottery in the real world for their entire life, and never win anything. Unfortunately this is the very nature of how randomness works.

In computing random number generators work a bit different, as true randomness doesn't exist. Therefore clever programming tricks are needed in order to produce similar results. Often times a "seed" time is needed in order to generate a random result. This is also why you see people get rare lockbox items at identical times (since it is based on server time).

However if your trying to take advantage of this you would have to open a box at the exact moment as the other person before the message even appears on screen. In other words a fruitless endeavor.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    You guys, RNG works totally fine.

Look, here's a perfect example.

Search auction house for 'Ring of the Loyal Avenger' and 'Talisman of the Loyal Avenger'

You'll see lots of people selling them, proving that RNG and Sword Coast Adventure loot is working perfectly.

I've included some screenshots.

See? Lots of sellers.

Oh wait. There's only 1 seller? Hrmm.. Then that means.... Uh oh. @badbotlimit
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    see that? some players get them almost all the time when others never seen it or not able get them. there is wi-flag code.
    or there is also this thing called "playing the AH" which sometimes involves buying out all items of a type and selling them at a higher price specially when a jump is expected (with bonding fix in a few weeks).

• neos472neos472 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

or there is also this thing called "playing the AH" which sometimes involves buying out all items of a type and selling them at a higher price specially when a jump is expected (with bonding fix in a few weeks).

this is the more likely scenario "buy low, sell high" good rule of acquisition to live by in MMOs
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    except both those items have had a downward trend in price. starting at 500k originally, now dropping to 100k.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.