test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance on 5/19 - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: Maintenance is complete!

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance on 5/19 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours. It will just be a server reset this time around.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• daedreemdaedreem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Not even fixing the bugged guard in the stronghold quest for the event?
    Mom of 2 great kids, Slayer of Dragons!
    - I really enjoy Neverwinter on PC, and my Guild "Harper's Eloquence"!
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The chat is offline right now - hopefully that means they're going to ninja-fix that really annoying chat bug where you have to manually leave and re-join chat party channels.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    What about lags in dungeons ? Or bug with queue system when you end up with 5 tanks in the dungeon?
    There are a lot of issues that need fixing, but you guys seem to ignore that for months now...
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    The most bizarre thing I have seen happening lately is that sometimes when changing maps the music will keep going loads longer than it normally does while the map-change hangs a bit, and instead of fading right out like it's supposed to, it will linger for about a minute, then it will suddenly go ear-splittingly loud. Along with this the music from the map you are fading out from which keeps going will overlay the music from the new map, the new map will be the right level while the last one goes loud. Then the loud one fades out slowly and you can turn your headphones back up. This was happening on every map transfer when I was using fullscreen but I was having so many issues with fullscreen setting on my system (I bought a new card so it's not the card or drivers) that it was taking an hour to load and get in and this audio problem and also problems not being able to click 'ok' yet other buttons would work, that I was forced to change to window maximized / widescreen setting which looks and behaves exactly like fullscreen anyway. In this display mode I get none of the loading problems, music issues on each map move or the clicking issue, though I do get the music problem still from time to time but not now on every transfer. Other issue is that sometimes the mouse will stop working and though I can click icons and menus, I cannot pan the camera and have no movement using the mouse and have to close the game entirely and re-start to fix it as just changing out of character or logging out will not stop it from happening. Thankfully this does not happen more than once or twice in an 8 hour session, usually just once and sometimes not at all. For what it's worth I operate using xp, GeForce GT740 OC, Tascam external sound card and a wireless mouse and I did put new batteries in but it makes no diff. The only thing it could be on my end is I updated Java to the most recent but am on xp, but as these issues do not happen anywhere else and only in Neverwinter, I have to assume it is at Neverwinter's end. Something was done to the coding on the maze engine rollout which stopped my system from being able to even log-on and get a working character screen let alone play the game, this was after playing from about 6 months or so after the game started and I never had issues logging-in before. I bought the new card which fixed the loading issue, but as I said fullscreen mode was not behaving properly in a lot of ways and I discovered that windows maximized works perfectly and loads normally. Strange things.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    daedreem said:

Somewhat disappointing, *but* with two different functioning workarounds for completing the quest, it's livable.

I was a lot more annoyed about all the broken stuff in Portobello that didn't get touched over the course of a month.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    yeah, next fixes are coming up in the next "mod", you can check the prev shards anouncements for upcoming fixes.They are updated every week and has a clolor coding for the latest fixes that are made.
  • daedreemdaedreem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User

daedreem said:

Somewhat disappointing, *but* with two different functioning workarounds for completing the quest, it's livable.

I was a lot more annoyed about all the broken stuff in Portobello that didn't get touched over the course of a month.
    The only workaround I'm aware of is drop, reacquire, repeat until you get the right guards...
    And I've had this take as many as 20 times, which is horrible luck with only 2 sets of guards for the quest to choose from.

What's this second one?
    Mom of 2 great kids, Slayer of Dragons!
    - I really enjoy Neverwinter on PC, and my Guild "Harper's Eloquence"!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    daedreem said:

daedreem said:

The only workaround I'm aware of is drop, reacquire, repeat until you get the right guards...
    And I've had this take as many as 20 times, which is horrible luck with only 2 sets of guards for the quest to choose from.

What's this second one?
    Type /interactincludevolume in your chat while standing by the bugged guard.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Right on schedule, The @strumslinger .. thanks!
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    pan17 said:

servers off RED ...?????

Servers marked red for me as well...and a 3300+MB patch?

• eyeseenoneeyeseenone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    pan17 said:

servers off RED ...?????

I'm seeing them offline as well. What's up? :/
  • eyeseenoneeyeseenone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    r000kie said:

What's up? :/

Not the servers, it seems

Edit: despite getting the red thingy, I hit the play button anyway and I could log in
    Cool. Good to know.