test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Value of old lockboxes?

darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I recently started playing after a long break and I have stacks of both Unearthed and Rusted Iron lockboxes (about 100 each). Are they worth anything to sell? I tried the AH and trade channel with no luck. Am I wasting my time with them? Should I try to open them instead? I'm tempted to just sell them for the meager copper value, but I don't want to miss out on any AD.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,113 Arc User
    How are you trying to sell them? One lump in the AH? Break them down into smaller bundles and try.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I tried them in stacks of 10, but no one bought them. In trade chat I just said "make me an offer". Part of the problem is that I don't know what to ask for them. I listed them at 100AD for 10 (figured that would be very low). What would be a good price?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    The last couple lockboxes have been total garbage. glorious resurgence seems to still be opened alot.
    I would first read what's in them. They might be worth alot.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They are marginlized by the fact that glorious resurgence has the chance at both the thayan book and the emporeror beetle (if you wanted it.. of course most would take tensers)

So ya.. its basically howling hatred/glorious and everything else. However the newest pack (the one with the griffon) really sux, its major troll worthy and most days you get 2 blue marks, where glorious, I usually get at least 1 gmop or 1 purple stone of some sort.. major and vast upgrade. But anyways.. either of those packs are worth the most.

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Old Lockboxes don't appear on the AH so you can't sell em there
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • Options
    So that leaves the question of asking price. What would they likely be worth? 100? 1000? 2?