Alright Guys,

after the past changes to GF,
there wasn't any single change or mention about Burst-DMG,
What probably means the Devs are fine with the current Burst of GF,
so for whatever reason it's fine for them to giving a Guard
that massive dmg,

even if their main encounters is still skyrocking to heaven,
100k+ per single hit a normal Encounter of Gf,
Knight Challenge for the easy WIN, *Bull charge * Anvil of doom etc.
Beside this Gf got many Encounters which boost dmg massively,

So if the Devs now finally decided to let the Burst stay how is it,
than they have to remove the "Prones" at least. (meaning changing to Stuns*)
to give us a chance to survive / React!, to actually dodge.
not just laying on a ground and waiting the death.

Because the time that our character need to stand up is way too long,
even with 3,7k tenacity it can't be dodged or deflected anyway,
and this is giving Gfs more than enough time and a high advantage
to spam their deadly encounters.

With changing to "Stun" it will give us a chance to "React" and it will Respect tenacity,
also it could help to balance their Burst,

@terramak @amenar @strumslinger @Cryptic
- All in all, what i'm trying to say, if you want to let the Burst stay how is it,.Good.
But' change all the Encounter "Prones to Stuns" at least.

any thoughts??

---

Edit:

a)
GF is definitely not slow during Combat, if this is your argument for prone,
if you may notice or not, "into the Frey"comparing to sprint is 1000x times better,
"Because you can keep moving fast while you attacking.",

there's just two options to handle this:
High Burst with Stuns or Lower Burst with Prone.
<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
Post edited by xgrandz02 on

Comments

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I would have felt that they had made it very clear that everything they are doing with the class balancing is being done from the PVE point of view only at this time. After they have gone and gotten all the changes in place on the classes for PVE then and only then might you see them visit the PVP side of balance. With any luck when they do go to balance PVP I hope they will seperate PVE and PVP so any adjustments will only effect that side and not both. The main reason we have the mess we got today is that they have tried time and again to do a fix that while helping one it does in fact very much hurt the other only time will tell if they have learned this lesson or not. So if you really want balance try pushing the idea that PVP and PVE need to be adjusted seperately so we dont end up back at are current state.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    GF are inching toward being competitive in PVP...

TR with Smoke bomb can kill you before you stumble out of the area.

All classes have some "overpowered" quirk... according to the other classes

Do folks feel bad cause GF are finely becoming a PVP competitor?
  • reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The damage of GF's need to be reduced, that is a fact.
    Is so illogical that the most damage dealers right now are a tank class.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

GF are inching toward being competitive in PVP...

TR with Smoke bomb can kill you before you stumble out of the area.

All classes have some "overpowered" quirk... according to the other classes

if the tr can make enemy to lock in the smoke bomb. i mean on my cw icy terrain does instant root the first hit. in case of smoke bomb need 1 sec to start have daze effect= very easy to avoid.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    macjae said:

Asking to have both the prone and the burst damage toned down is pretty crazy.

my point is just one of both has to be changed,i'm not saying Gf need to be nerfed.
    there's just two options to handle this:

High Burst + Stuns
    Lower Burst + Prone

your choice..,
    reddygo1 said:

The damage of GF's need to be reduced, that is a fact.
    Is so illogical that the most damage dealers right now are a tank class.

thats also one point, "the old Role of GF as Guard" doesn't more exist,this is fact.
    Gf is now "Burstdps offensive character" with a "Shield to block everything".
    urlord283 said:

this has nothing to do with feeling bad,
    "I do agree that each class should be competitive to each other"
    But the current state of Gf-Burst is just overwhelming high if you are honest.
    edited May 2016
    hawkeyel said:

So if you really want balance try pushing the idea that PVP and PVE need to be adjusted seperately so we dont end up back at are current state.

having two aspects to choose of (PvE or Pvp at anytime),
    would be of course the Best what can happen for all of us.
    But Unfortunately it doesn't exist, may the Devs listen one day but until it happens there's no other way.

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Rinbo BIS GWF Got smashed in one bull charge.. dont even need 2nd hit lol....

btw Rinbo was sprinting and the GF is only 3.2k...
    Post edited by icyphish on
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Some of the multiplicative buffs for GFs have grown out of scope with the power creep getting out of hand.
    And GF's are not the only ones with very out of scope skills. But since GF represent the minority player base, they're the ones being attacking with nerf crusades the most. Even when GFs were clearly the worse class, some still had the audicity to ask for more nerfs. They're always in the cross hairs because there is so few to form a voice of resistance. And the very verbal DPS oligarchy push for the return to the status quo, with them being on top without competition.

These skills make sense in PvE but are too over powered in PvP. Into the frey and knight's challenge.
    Bullcharge does no damage until it is stacked with literally 6 layers of buffs. 1)WoE,2)SWW,3)CS,4)ITF,5)Mark,6)KC (and possibly Villan's for 7).

But this game is too lazy to delineate between PvP and PvE stats except when they broke their own rule for prones.
    If NWO could adjust these for PvP and PvE separately, I'd be fine with that, but they won't. And that's my concern.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i got single hit by 170K from GF, and i am still not sure they are more lethal then HR/CW/TR/GWF.
    at 4K level, a good DC player will melt u in 2 sec.
    i agree that from GF you whouldnt expect something like excution, yet i feel excutions in many way now.

PVP is kill in a sec now and thats it. we should learn how to live with that.
  • thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    This forum needs more threads about this.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

Some of the multiplicative buffs for GFs have grown out of scope with the power creep getting out of hand.
    And GF's are not the only ones with very out of scope skills. But since GF represent the minority player base, they're the ones being attacking with nerf crusades the most. Even when GFs were clearly the worse class, some still had the audicity to ask for more nerfs. They're always in the cross hairs because there is so few to form a voice of resistance. And the very verbal DPS oligarchy push for the return to the status quo, with them being on top without competition.

These skills make sense in PvE but are too over powered in PvP. Into the frey and knight's challenge.
    Bullcharge does no damage until it is stacked with literally 6 layers of buffs. 1)WoE,2)SWW,3)CS,4)ITF,5)Mark,6)KC (and possibly Villan's for 7).

But this game is too lazy to delineate between PvP and PvE stats except when they broke their own rule for prones.
    If NWO could adjust these for PvP and PvE separately, I'd be fine with that, but they won't. And that's my concern.

I couldn't agree with this more, especially the last paragraph.

Also, I'd like to add that there was no reason to buff At-Wills, GF's are/were in a good place, the fact they they buffed At-Wills with no mention of encounter changes leads me to believe that a larger rework is in the pipe along with how said encounters interact with other powers, such as HG and AS buffing ITF as much as they do.

I doubt very much they will reduce the DR hard cap for everyone, so I assume at the very least they will cap ITF buff at 80% minimum, considering how hard they hit OP's I expect they are thinking along the lines that GF's, even Conq's were never designed with such burst damage so with this in mind I wouldn't be surprised that ITF gets capped at 40% with Anvil losing it's double damage component.

Anything I or anyone else comes up with is pure speculation however but I'm guessing they have a pretty good idea of where they want the class to be, it's just taking time to get any class rebalancing right without being accused of knee jerking.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

clonkyo1 said:

icyphish said:

But this is SH's fault too.

The problem with GF class at all is the fact that its encounters deals so much damage with pretty "normal" (around 12ks) stat on power. THAT must be changed for good.
    There is a bit truth about the Stronghold boons, but with or without them, the outcome is the same... so why always blaming the SH boons?

For 2 resons:

- They (the boons) allow low geared chars be on par with BiS chars (a total aberration).
    - These boons are not open to everyone, which makes the gap between low geared and on small/medium guild and guildless players even deeper.

SH boons do help massively but those guilds grafted hard for their boons, they deserve to use them.
    icyphish said:

saw him he's not not Bis also he using shadowclad which is very bad for 1v1 cuz no chance to stack,
    btw he's not in guild what means he is already fighting without sh-boons.
    ---

to shadowclad:
    this enchant is great for party fights but unfortunately bad for solo fights,
    especially when each attack of GF can be very high.

there's no way to stack, its not the same as Negation with 100% uptime,
    same goes for TR, their SE as a first hit is mostly deadly with shadowclad,
    and it doesn't have to be a good geared Tr for that.
    edited May 2016
    deathbeez said:

same here*
    But Unfortunately it doesn't exist, may the Devs listen one day but until it happens there's no other way.

My Opinion to Prones, "it should Only be available for Dailys Nothing else", that's it-
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

deathbeez said:

same here*

My Opinion to Prones, "it should Only be available for Dailys Nothing else", that's it-
    @xgrandz02 whilst you hardly see this ability anymore, this would really hurt shard of endless avalanche, which is a CW encounter with a prone attached to it. How would you compensate shard, which is already hardly used to begin with?

xgrandz02 said:

deathbeez said:

same here*

@xgrandz02 whilst you hardly see this ability anymore, this would really hurt shard of endless avalanche, which is a CW encounter with a prone attached to it. How would you compensate shard, which is already hardly used to begin with?
    this would concern just Pvp,
    you will be able still to Prone targets outside from pvp, (all pvE content)
    edited May 2016

clonkyo1 said:

icyphish said:

But this is SH's fault too.

The problem with GF class at all is the fact that its encounters deals so much damage with pretty "normal" (around 12ks) stat on power. THAT must be changed for good.
    There is a bit truth about the Stronghold boons, but with or without them, the outcome is the same... so why always blaming the SH boons?

Gf's Burst-DMG is not coming from SH-Boons that's definitely right.
    But i wouldn't agree u to 100%,