test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting PvP items for Stronghold Coffers

wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
How about adding some crafting items to make PvP trade items for the Guild Stronghold Coffers. We are a small non PvP guild so without anything like this we will never be able to progress beyond a level 2 Stronghold. There are crafting items for AD, etc, to exchange why not PvP?

Comments

• throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    because they want you to pvp........seriously they do, how else will it stay alive???
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I believe that's why the Maze Engine repeatable quest has an option for Conq Shards - a way to get these that don't involve PVP.
  • wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I believe that's why the Maze Engine repeatable quest has an option for Conq Shards - a way to get these that don't involve PVP.

you are right.. but what about the Glory portion..

"First off, you don't need any PvP-related stronghold currency to level your stronghold" Ahhh there seems to be the Jubilee Trader, is this new?? although you need a metal and stone.. which we need to upgrade the stronghold to be able to get....??
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2016

wraithr32 said:

"First off, you don't need any PvP-related stronghold currency to level your stronghold" Ahhh there seems to be the Jubilee Trader, is this new?? although you need a metal and stone.. which we need to upgrade the stronghold to be able to get....??

Not exactly. I think you never realized that the SH main building counts towards the required buildings at a certain rank. With that, you should have enough buildings at all times to keep upgrading as long as you don't want a building that requires PvP.
    I think this is just another example of confusing wording. The task to upgrade the guild hall to level 3 says that it "requires 4 other structures at rank 1" and so forth. As a non-native speaker, at least to me that would imply that the guild hall itself doesn't necessarily count, even though it does. If I had written that, I would've taken the word "other" out. Right now it's easy for small, new guilds to get suckered into building a pvp structure they might not even want.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    The maze engine and EE campaign tasks to get conquer shards are absurdly long time wise vs the number of shards you get. The maze task takes 5 days to get 10! If these are your only source of the conq shards you are going to be at it forever, especially if you have a small guild. Obviously the solution is to pvp for your stuff but that is a mess right now and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to set foot in it.
    You can complete the Fight to the Finish quest (from the master of coin) which rewards 10 conq shards by winning a IWD black ice domination match, but those are so random that unless you go live in IWD you are unlikely to see one be up :/
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    We can trade you glory/ad for influence! Pm! :)

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    What exactly is glory required for? As a guild that pvps, I find it really unfortunate that glory does almost no good when it comes to upgrading stronghold. We're constantly at cap and have almost nothing to spend it on, meanwhile, we're always short on the pve stuff because pvp doesn't reward enough for stronghold.

A trade sounds like a good idea.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User

Not exactly. I think you never realized that the SH main building counts towards the required buildings at a certain rank. With that, you should have enough buildings at all times to keep upgrading as long as you don't want a building that requires PvP. And yes, eventually you'll have to build the buildings that give you stone, wood etc when those plots become available.
    Well that does not seenm to be true for us. We have Lumberyard (1), Farm (1), Marketplace(1) and Guildhall(2) but the "Set as Contribution Target" for the Guildhall to upgrade to level 3 is greyed out... 8(