test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When we will see REWORK ON HR?

deib21deib21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
as tittle say, im bored with HR atm, i like this class, but now.. is a HAMSTER HAMSTER, need a rework as quick....

Comments

• Options
    nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    They will most likely ruin trapper so my vote is stay far far away.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    deib21 said:

as tittle say, im bored with HR atm, i like this class, but now.. is a HAMSTER HAMSTER, need a rework as quick....

enlighten us as to why you are bored? that would be helpful.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I just started to enjoy HR, and I am totally impressed by what hr can do. I am a full traper. Back to the topic, th Devs only mentioned minor adjustment to HR. I would guess something similar to gf or dc. There will not be a major rework.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    All you need to do to understand why this class needs attention is compare feats from Trapper to the others. It's a really fun and interesting class but as it stands it has basically one path that outperforms the others. They're still viable just not nearly as good.
  • Options
    nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    From a pve standpoint there is nothing wrong with trapper. The other two paths need high tier feat work or capstone changes to put them on par with other strikers. As for PvP, it's just broken as a whole and I don't think classes should be reworked around something broken.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I do believe that the devs are looking at all classes, to work on balance issues. They are only doing a few at a time though. I do not know where HR falls in this line.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Honestly, I think the trapper cooldown feats need to be changed to something different if the class is going to ever receive any improvements that will help archery and boost combat considerably.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Combat and Archery need a similar mechanic to Thorned Roots. Maybe a buff to Piercing Blade and Unflinching Aim respectively, but currently no other tree features a 200% with an immediate 250% vs. immune targets damage bonus. That's why Trapper is so desirable. They'll likely nerf Thorned Roots, based on past practices with other classes' mechanics.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

Combat and Archery need a similar mechanic to Thorned Roots. Maybe a buff to Piercing Blade and Unflinching Aim respectively, but currently no other tree features a 200% with an immediate 250% vs. immune targets damage bonus. That's why Trapper is so desirable. They'll likely nerf Thorned Roots, based on past practices with other classes' mechanics.

i rather them to buff the other 2 path than nerf the trapper path. Once they nerf trapper, HR can no longer be a dps class anymore.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I just don't like how much free damage there is in the three feat trees. Trapper is the biggest one - I can apply any of the roots once and stop all actions and watch the mobs die a few seconds later. Piercing Blade is another one I dislike even if it doesn't do nearly as much damage is pre-nerf. I know it's a bigger problem for TRs with unmitigated damage that comes from piercing damage but I still want it removed from Combat. I want to see more interesting feats than just straight-up extra XX% free damage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    iandarksword said:

The HR needs boost not nerfing

nerfing is not a correct fix for HR! In PVE the trapper class is ok dps wise but needs a boost to survivabilty may be dps as well if you look at out big DPS hits its from buffs of other classes not our abilities if you don't believe me run a solo Dread rings see how low your dps is. Yes you will clear it easy but other classes same level clear it faster than you will. Thorned roots work as they are supposed to and we just took a 10% dps nerf from los set as it was . HR all classes suck in PVP and they have already nerfed Thorned roots with elven battle there are NO thorned roots DOT or Stun. Without companions in PVP the dps output of HR is horrible. All HR classes need there at wills to be brought up to the level of other classes 1st then see what needs to be done from that point. Combat needs boost to melee dps and feats for faster recovery for melee encounters. Archery needs a ranged dps boost as well as feats for faster recovery for ranged encounters these should be similar to trappers only stronger in archer side. I have played all 3 paths and they defiantly need some love and I would like to see HR as a primary class instead of just support. For defense it would be nice to see a feat for HR on crit strike your deflect goes up to a certain point til you are hit then starts back at normal again this would help against those big 1 shot hits and our survivability.
    This is just my opinion for what it is worth but I don't have a way to really say what needs to be fixed or how simply because I have learned that what ever is being screamed about gets nerfed unless you are a TR and cryptic only will put x amount of time in anything they do to The HR. My expectations will be we will see a boost to dps maybe on just at willsand that's still better than nothing
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Oh, I definitely would prefer they simply buff the weaker trees. I personally don't think they need to nerf anything, but having been around since Open Beta and seen several other "class re-works" along the way, as well as the fallout from those classes afterwards, I don't have much confidence that buffs will happen.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    The main trouble I see is that far too much of our damage is, erm rooted, in roots. Almost everything we have damage-wise, is dot-related, with the exceptions of fox melee, cordon and some dailies.

This is also why we are so bad in pvp. Our base encounter damage is terrible, and without roots to back it up as we have in pve, as kalina said the last time I met her in pvp, "it tickles".

Fixing it seems simple - buff base encounter damage a couple of 100 percent, till it matches the other classes. However, if that is done, then of course HRs will become overnight the most dominant class pvp-dps wise because of our ability to spam encounters ad infinitum.

The closest comparison would be the current gwf with atwills, but with those atwills pre-permabuffed. ie. utterly unstoppable, especially when already combined with the interrupt/stun/root effect we already have. What could counter that..? We hit someone once, and they're dead in seconds with no chance to retaliate, nor escape if you use drains. I don't, but let's face it, many would.

So, we are left either a) where we are right now, trapper builds which tbh. suck in pvp, but kick out a helluva lot of damage and control in pve, maybe not comparable with bis gwfs or sws, but easily able to carry teams, or solo things if necesary, I've soloed orcus after the rest of my team died, and carried pug teams through etos etc.

or b) realistically we would have to lose our cd reductions. Much higher base encounter damage, fewer dots. If any of you remeber the original mod2 stormwarden. That's pretty much what we were. Oneshot slow atwill, funny rubberband roots, stealth and maneoverability. Absolutely awful in pve, absolute gods in pvp.

I'm not surprised the devs haven't found a happy medium for our class, I've been playing a pve/pvp hr for a couple of hours a day, for almost 3 years, and I'm damned if I could suggest a solution that still retained any semblance to the core mechanics we already have.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It did tickle : D
    at the opening of combat the water weapon kicks in and heals for all characters if they have them making the first 20-30 seconds of combat Healing ...there is way too much healing in the game as stated in a few other posts ..
    rememeber I have insignias healing bonuses On deflect on life steal on root and on crit you attacks dont have enough burst to do anything really ...
    I am not a good base line to really to a balanced comparison tho
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I do believe that the devs are looking at all classes, to work on balance issues. They are only doing a few at a time though. I do not know where HR falls in this line.

Based on past history since mod 4: 1) Nerf GWFs into something like balance, then buckle to mass whining about the 'over-nerf'; 2) Give CWs most of what they want, nerf something that turns out to make no difference; 3) Continue to let TRs be a laughably no skill EZ Mode class; 4) Probably nerf paladins into the basement with SWs and HRs; 4) Fail to fix anything about GFs; 5) Do basically nothing with DCs; 6) Give HRs one worthwhile meta, then nerf it into uselessness.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Based on past history since mod 4: 1) Nerf GWFs into something like balance, then buckle to mass whining about the 'over-nerf'; 2) Give CWs most of what they want, nerf something that turns out to make no difference; 3) Continue to let TRs be a laughably no skill EZ Mode class; 4) Probably nerf paladins into the basement with SWs and HRs; 4) Fail to fix anything about GFs; 5) Do basically nothing with DCs; 6) Give HRs one worthwhile meta, then nerf it into uselessness.
    haha couldent have summoned it up better myself :-)...