test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class-changes skipping preview, going into live?

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
I logged in to do some skirmish runs with my alts. And I noticed some extreme changes to some of their skills.
I'd go as far to say their bugged at best, and game-breaking at worst.

I have eye of the storm passive on my control wizard and it now no longer has a cool-down so you stay in 100% crit mode till the fight is over, even if the fight is 10 minutes long. Where in the patch notes was there changes to the Control Wizard? I never saw CW's mentioned at all.

Devoted Cleric also had skill changes, these didn't show up in the patch notes either. Neither were they mentioned on the preview patch notes.
I just noticed them today and they were not there last week.

So how did these major class-changes just show up on the live server all of a sudden?

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    another example paladin shift-key skill broke since patch too (sanctuary does not add dr as described).
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    alright was wondering why ice knife deal so much dmg (near SE),
    seems to be bugged again, its not more 100% for 4sec every 20sec,
    now its permanent 100%-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    EotS still has a CD, I just checked.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User

EotS still has a CD, I just checked.

u have to use specific skills together,

The icon does disappear but your crit chance stays at 100% + your base.
    Slot Icy Terrain and Steal Time so you keep attack-pressure going.
    I tested this on the dummies in PE and could keep my crit chance at 180% for 4 solid minutes.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    ok, so I just checked this 3 times, I am not sure if it is proccing or not. Visually, I am seeing eots proc on screen when it is supposed to be on down time, however, it is not updating my character screen or putting a buff on my bar. I will test more later to figure out exactly what is going on. @ironzerg79 I am sure you would also be interested in this.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Oh my my my
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    But you don't get any additional damage over 100% correct?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

Devoted Cleric also had skill changes, these didn't show up in the patch notes either. Neither were they mentioned on the preview patch notes.

There were several listed changes with the paladin nerf. Can you be more specific?

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

But you don't get any additional damage over 100% correct?

It makes every hit crit for crit severity.
    The hard part is keeping it active. If you stop attacking for even a couple seconds, EotS stops working and you have to wait for it to proc again. There is no visual for it, the icon disappears, but all hits crit. The crit chance % increase does show in the stats screen.
    zibadawa said:

There were several listed changes with the paladin nerf. Can you be more specific?

This happened last week, and the patch notes didn't mention any class modifications.
    Since a CW and DC skills got broken, class changes were going on.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9938303-patch-notes:-nw.60.2016.0410a.4

• kilocyclekilocycle Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Look I have been Playing my Oathbound Paladin, Oath of Devotion. I'm sorry but Shield of Faith has been overnerfed. I need this to last a little bit longer like 16 sec (not 12) or i'm spaming RA all the time. And 50% damage reduction -> 30% damaga reduction (harsh). What is happening is in the brief second or two when it goes off, someone occasionally dies. I have to keep that up during combat in dungons. If you want to nerf for tanks then do it for them, but not the healadins. You guys keep nerfing this skill everytime it's the pally's turn, it can't be suffered for PvE anymore. It is over nerfted.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1215847/gigacycles-oath-of-devotion-build-on-life-support
    Post edited by kilocycle on
    deathbeez said:

zibadawa said:

This happened last week, and the patch notes didn't mention any class modifications.
    Since a CW and DC skills got broken, class changes were going on.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9938303-patch-notes:-nw.60.2016.0410a.4

Did you check the prior patch notes? Lots of skills got changed then. Did you fail to notice them, then? Or what new issues do you think you're seeing?
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Did you check the prior patch notes? Lots of skills got changed then. Did you fail to notice them, then? Or what new issues do you think you're seeing?

I just noticed the CW bug last week. It's hard not to notice having 100% crit chance till I stop attacking every time.
    deathbeez said:

zibadawa said:

I just noticed the CW bug last week. It's hard not to notice having 100% crit chance till I stop attacking every time.
    Yeah, that sounds like a bug, but I was asking more about the claims about the DC having had powers changed and broken but allegedly not being mentioned in those patch notes.
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @kilocycle
    kilocycle said:

Look I have been Playing my Oathbound Paladin, Oath of Devotion. I'm sorry but Shield of Faith has been overnerfed. I need this to last a little bit longer like 16 sec (not 12) or i'm spaming RA all the time. And 50% damage reduction -> 30% damaga reduction (harsh). What is happening is in the brief second or two when it goes off, someone occasionally dies. I have to keep that up during combat in dungons. If you want to nerf for tanks then do it for them, but not the healadins. You guys keep nerfing this skill everytime it's the pally's turn, it can't be suffered for PvE anymore. It is over nerfted.

I am sorry, but you are complaining that a DAILY is NOT able to be active all the time? I think a LOT of people got too used to these OP skills being used all the time that people forgot how to defend and take care of themselves. People die in dungeons, it isn't supposed to be an infield standing up home run. Your party-mates need to make some adjustments.

The skill wasn't over-nerfed, it was just way too overpowered, and we got used to it, and took it for granted.
  • kilocyclekilocycle Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    First, do you have an Oath of Devotion (not Protection) Pally aka Healadin? Second, my biggest objection to the changes is time duration. OP healadins didn't need to be nerfed. They needed to nerf the Bubble.

I didn't say all the time, I said during combat. When RA is used, it only generates sufficient Action Points when you are in proximity of 4 or more Allies and Enemies. If you are not around enough people/enemies the Shield of Faith would expire because of lack of Action points. It was a build dependent on the proximity of others. When you have instances where everyone in the party and/or raid is dealt damage. This damage that can one-shot the weaker Defense Rating classes no matter where they stand ...... Orcus, eDemo, etc. And think about how laggy this game is .... a rouge goes to a SH dragon fight, dragon then rotates a little does a swipe ....... dead, and there is no warning for that stuff. We don't get warnings when a DPS pulls agro from tanks (hence the partial rotations of the dragons). 20 people per dragon only or it becomes immune ...... with this game's declining population, perfect party configurations are a bit hard to come by. Furthermore, only a handful of GF tanks survive using KV in SH dragon runs, the assistance of both a DC and an OP's shield of faith is needed for a GF to survive using KV. My point is, where do you get a steady and sufficient source of Damage Mitigation?