test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances will contain several improvements to existing systems or content, which we’ll reveal as we approach the update’s release on June 7!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9944723

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I like the idea of the Sword Coast Chronicles. It will make it much easier for new(er) players to know what to do/where to go after hitting 70.

Not so sure about Guild Alliances. . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Please allow people access to multiple guild banks....would make life soooooooooo much better.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I was pleasantly surprised to see this, as I did not expect this to arrive until we got Mod 10.

Now, the assumption is that this will work similar to the armadas in STO - and if that is the case, I expect the following:

For the "top" (Alpha) guild in each alliance, this solves the issue of how to gain guild marks, after the guild has maxed out all structures. Members can now donate to the coffers of the guilds below them.

Each Alpha guild will have a few Beta guilds below it, and each Beta guild in turn will have a few Gamma guilds below them.

Now, there will be other benefits - discounts for building structures and so on, but the benefits will be different for the 3 guild tiers - some benefits will be best for Alpha guilds, others for Gamma guilds - the Beta guilds getting the "average" of the benefits in each case.

Finally, if a Beta guild breaks away from an alliance, it will become the Alpha guild of a new alliance, and its former Gamma guilds will become the Beta guilds of that alliance.

The system works best if the Alpha guild is a "maxed out" one, the Beta guilds mid-range guilds (say, GH 8-12) and the Gamma guilds are the small guilds that would not have a chance build all the structures without the alliance.

And yes, we get a new "Alliance" chat channel too.

Did I forget anything?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    metalldjt said:

@strumslinger if there will be a new campaign, please rework the ui, it's kinda annoyn how it is even now. thanks.

I follow the UI artist on Twitter. She mentioned having a ton of work. I couldn't figure out what it is. Looks like this is what Jules is working on. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Dungeons my friends, dungeons......when?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

metalldjt said:

@strumslinger if there will be a new campaign, please rework the ui, it's kinda annoyn how it is even now. thanks.

I follow the UI artist on Twitter. She mentioned having a ton of work. I couldn't figure out what it is. Looks like this is what Jules is working on. :)
    Yeah, it sounds like Sword Coast Chronicles is a total overhaul of the campaign UI. Should be interesting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    *nods* I am listening and watching this...................
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

Dungeons my friends, dungeons......when?

Yes, that. WHEN, for the love of god, will return the epic dungeons? :'(
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    So, is this going to give us epic versions of the baby dungeons that were released mod 9? And will the remaining dungeons be released as babies, to then be added as epics in mod 11?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Sounds like a no-content update.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Sounds like a no-content update.

Everything they described sounds like something that should've shipped with mod 7 : \

We all know they're just copying from STO so it's really hard to believe that they couldn't have done it then either.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Why don't smaller guilds disband and/or join/form larger guilds?
    Why does this require an update when this game is so busted with bugs that are years old and totally ignored?

So you have a few stubborn people that want to stay in their 5-person guild, "midgets with chainsaws" or something, but you have to release an update so they can do the same things people in large guilds worked for (at insane mod 7 prices) all this time?

This is really low on the priority list IMO.

It's not like guilds are separated by dangerous geography and blood thirsty beholders. They are in a small guilds because they choose to stay in a small guilds. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, reading this stuff.

Fix the bugs FTLOG. Including the monster bug in my sig. Unstoppable (GWF) is as broke as ever. Half (or more) of the DC's skills don't work right. etc.

Bring back the dungeons and scale them to relevance.
    Bring back the old dungeon transmutes.

I am hoping for Epic Dread Vault.

Yes!
    They already own these amazing art assets, they just have to clean them up.

I'm not even going to bother asking about the foundry. Sad, sad.

PvP is a lost cause.
  • kaloth69kaloth69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    The STO version of this update included a few management tools for guild leaders, I hope you do the same for Neverwinter. Longer coffer history and the option to export player donations would be really nice, it would make managing big guilds far less work of the officers, so we can spend more time doing fun stuff, like leading raids.
    deathbeez said:

Why does this require an update when this game is so busted with bugs that are years old and totally ignored?

So you have a few stubborn people that want to stay in their 5-person guild, "midgets with chainsaws" or something, but you have to release an update so they can do the same things people in large guilds worked for (at insane mod 7 prices) all this time?

It's not like guilds are separated by dangerous geography and blood thirsty beholders. They are in a small guilds because they choose to stay in a small guilds. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, reading this stuff.

Fix the bugs FTLOG. Including the monster bug in my sig. Unstoppable (GWF) is as broke as ever. Half (or more) of the DC's skills don't work right. etc.

Yes!

PvP is a lost cause.
    This has been repeated many many many times but bug fixes are not going to happen faster if they stop working on new content.

As for smaller guilds ...

Even a guild with 50 people in it has problems with the current stronghold prices. A lot of these guilds are staying that size because of the problems that come with trying to manage 150 people. It's not a problem that shouldn't be a priority; it should've been solved when mod 7 launched. This is more a case of too little to late because a lot of smaller guilds have just given up on progressing.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    urabask said:

deathbeez said:

Yes!

PvP is a lost cause.
    This has been repeated many many many times but bug fixes are not going to happen faster if they stop working on new content.

Even a guild with 50 people in it has problems with the current stronghold prices. A lot of these guilds are staying that size because of the problems that come with trying to manage 150 people. It's not a problem that shouldn't be a priority; it should've been solved when mod 7 launched. This is more a case of too little to late because a lot of smaller guilds have just given up on progressing.
    why my guild should farm for the 50 THEY ARE 50 not 5 ;p
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    These sound like positive changes, QoL is always important! Speaking of QoL... Costume Collection Tab, Costume Collection Tab, Costume Collection Tab... *echo *echo *echo
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Personally, I am very excited for this. I've already started chatting with my guild's officers about who we should approach to ally with. I expect to put out some feelers in the next few days to see if certain guilds that share our values are interested.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

urabask said:

deathbeez said:

Yes!

PvP is a lost cause.

why my guild should farm for the 50 THEY ARE 50 not 5 ;p
    Then you don't have to? Other large guilds are going to jump at the opportunity for the bonuses associated with it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Might give my guild a chance to actually do something now. :)
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    "I call dibs on Absolute." It's already been said somewhere so I am just repeating the quote here.

There should be something put in place so if a guild IS completely full they cannot join with another completely full guild. Something for balance. Limit the number of guilds that can join together too.

I'd also like to see what's going to be addressed on the "single player guilds" that many players have just for an additional personal bank instead of actually having a guild. IE those sorts that advertise " pay you 50 gold to form a guild with me, only need two people" etc. These are already a "cheat" on the guild system. I dread thinking of one full guild that draws in say... 20 of those as well.

We shall see. Maybe there will be an evaluative purge of them first before this new system goes into place. (At least be a little nice though, and maybe toss everything into the single player's overflow bag?)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    urabask said:

<

Faster? I'd settle at this point with "at all".There are confirmed bugs in the bugs forum that have been active (and still are) for over a year now. Like DC's Divine Glow, Prophecy of Doom AP gain ever, I got 3 for the GF (maybe more). Some for the GWF.

deathbeez said:

urabask said:

<

Faster? I'd settle at this point with "at all".There are confirmed bugs in the bugs forum that have been active (and still are) for over a year now. Like DC's Divine Glow, Prophecy of Doom AP gain ever, I got 3 for the GF (maybe more). Some for the GWF.

Yeah and this has somehow stopped DCs, GFs, and GWFs from being three of the best classes in the game atm.

Oh wait, it hasn't.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    tilnaft said:

I just worry that this will turn into a feed Guild structure where all the highest lvl players are in one guild and skim off only the highest members of other Guilds. I can see this turn into a way to demand tribute of the highest players to give the medium players scraps. I find it is best to grow together as a team and a unit while encouraging your Guildies to progress. The feeling of conquering a seemingly un-achievable task is unbelievably satisfying and imbues the members with a lasting sense of pride. I just don't want to see that shattered for the sake of quick gains and boons.

Exactly what I am fearing. If they do this wrong it will just end with all the low-level guilds being degraded to feeders for the high ones, and the high ones dictating the way the feeders are being managed. ("your guild should do nothing but farm sharandar!", oh joy)
    The high level guilds already have terrible things in place like entrance fees, mandatory donations etc. If you let them they will export these policies to their feeders.
    Really, an easier way would have been to just allow merging of guilds that haven't hit the maximum members yet and raising the limit.
    You are not helping "small guilds" (by what you really mean low level guilds) if the big guilds get the best out of the deal again.

But let's see how the system will actually work...
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Please allow people access to multiple guild banks....would make life soooooooooo much better.

Yeah...
    Join one alliance, and then rob all the banks you can access in one go.

And i bet, they don't even have anything in place to prevent that from happening.
    Or what about guilds that join an alliance, let others do the work for them, and then turn around to sell that guild for real money?

Btw. helping small guilds would be to lower the way out of line costs towards a working market place for example.
    And i'm not talking about adding more grind options to the game, where you have to spend your whole game time to see some movement towards your current goal.

My guess for this update, this will only help big guilds, and give those guild leaders even more power.

Any player that donates time and money into his guild is pretty much left standing in the rain, when he gets kicked out of his guild without any good reason... and i doubt, that it will be that much different with this alliance system.

You're not fulfilling your weekly guild quota?
    Kick.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • june2014june2014 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Guild Alliances - not interesting...

So what about a new class and some content for non-guild players?
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    more campaigns and dailies?
    sigh...
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

Because my partner and I have busted our asses over the past year+ to create and maintain our guild. Though we be small, we be mighty!

Okay, maybe not mighty, but I couldn't ask for a better group of people, and it would be wrong to deprive them of my gruff nature.
    kreatyve said:

I expect to put out some feelers in the next few days to see if certain guilds that share our values are interested.

While it seems everyone wants to jump on board with the massive huge guilds, my focus has been to band together with guilds close to our size, populated with folks who enjoy the game for the game, and are, of course, strictly no-exploit. So far I've found one.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79