test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming: The Finest in Pantless Drunken Exploit-Free Gaming

Comments

• MantaraMantara Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I love you ironzerg79. If my wife and I were not set on making our small guild (20ish) successfull we would join your cause in a heartbeat. I have been playing since beta and my wife shortly after that. We are both forum lerkers and enjoy all your posts. Godspeed and mayhaps we will have the opportunity to dance in your general direction in game someday :)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Send me a friend invite. If you guys ever need help, let me know. We're always happy to group up with like-minded people.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • grottolgrottol Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Haven't been able to check out Strongholds or NW in general for the past two weeks, how are things? I've been playing on console and working more, so I haven't the time.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Great. We're progressing. The influence patch is going to help a lot...we should probably be zooming on to Rank 3 guild hall by this weekend.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Just updating people on the Stronghold progress. We're cruising to Rank 4 now, and we have the influence ready for Rank 5. Lumbermill, Farm, Quarry, Market and Mine are all built...just have to upgrade a couple to R2 as we wait for the R4 to finish.

It's been a lot of fun to see how Strongholds has helped give the guild a greater purpose, too. Groups forming to do dailies, run dungeons and farm influence. And we've done two "Dragon Speed Dating" events, where we get as many people together as we can and murder the dragons for about an hour or so.

Here's a picture from our first one, where we managed to get Red, Green and Black down a few times. We have a plan for Blue, it's just a matter of getting a few more people online, and then we'll knock out a four dragon kill :smile:

CrYERrD.png
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited September 2015
    We had another big guild event last night...had 30+ people on for about 2 hours whacking at the dragons. Perfected our strategy and managed to get all four down. :)

Some of the best times I''ve had in Neverwinter in a long time! We're hoping to have a video edited shortly.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Quick update...had to cool off on the thread because of a rush of new applicants. Every guild likes to grow, but sometimes we take our foot off the gas pedal so the new members have a chance to "gel" with the vets.

Anyway, we're on our way to Rank 8 this week, and have all the resources coming in for Market Rank 4, which is a big one :)

Temple went up to Rank 3 this weekend, and we're looking forward to getting up to Rank 9 to start the Barracks.

All in all, really enjoying Strongholds so far...it's definitely been a lot of fun to work on something as a community.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ddv22ddv22 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great guild, would have loved to stay if we hadn't met that bump in the road, I can only recommend joining them :)
  • clevelandbrownsclevelandbrowns Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Used to be a member awhile back. Left on my own due to mutual disagreements with the leadership. However, It was - and surely still is, a great group of people to game with.

Bumping this for them!
    Aww. Sorry there were some "disagreements"...always open to a PM about it.

But thanks for the shout out, regardless.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Having seen some discussions about new players and iLevels pop up, I thought I'd post really quickly just to clarify our standards before you can apply:

As of right now, we're only recruiting character race/class combinations that have at least one arm. We had considered increasing the requirment to two eyes, but it was pointed out that there is an eye-patch fashion item, and it would be difficult to enforce this rule if in fact players had a working eye underneath the eye-patch. So for now, as long as your toon has an eyeball somewhere on their body or on their person, you're qualified here (note: we didn't want to unjustly discriminate against abominations).

We expect you to have a minimum iLevel of 0 before applying. Also, we're currently not accepting anyone below level 1. If your character is less than level 1, please level up a bit before applying.

Gear standards do apply as well. We humbling request that you have slots on your character sheet into which gear can be placed. If you find yourself without any gear slots, please create a new character that has slots for gear. The quality of the gear placed in your slot is at your own discretion. Also: Giggitty.

We have a very strict standard that characters applying must have a bare minimum of at least zero artifacts. If you have more than zero artifacts, that's cool, but please note that characters with less than zero artifacts will be asked to earn at least zero artifacts before applying. The same standard holds for gear enchantments as well. Unfortunately, we can not offer any waivers to characters with less than zero enchantments on your gear. If you find yourself slotted with less than zero enchantments, please contact an officer so we can figure out how the heck that happened.

Lastly, we have a new, strict and non-negotiable NO GOATS* policy. We've had issues in the past with goats, and while we don't necessarily have anything inherently against goats, we've found that goats tend to cause more issues in the guild than we're prepared to deal with. If you're a goat, we apologize.

*no goats were harmed in preparing our "no goats" policy.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Having seen some discussions about new players and iLevels pop up, I thought I'd post really quickly just to clarify our standards before you can apply:

As of right now, we're only recruiting character race/class combinations that have at least one arm. We had considered increasing the requirment to two eyes, but it was pointed out that there is an eye-patch fashion item, and it would be difficult to enforce this rule if in fact players had a working eye underneath the eye-patch. So for now, as long as your toon has an eyeball somewhere on their body or on their person, you're qualified here (note: we didn't want to unjustly discriminate against abominations).

We expect you to have a minimum iLevel of 0 before applying. Also, we're currently not accepting anyone below level 1. If your character is less than level 1, please level up a bit before applying.

Gear standards do apply as well. We humbling request that you have slots on your character sheet into which gear can be placed. If you find yourself without any gear slots, please create a new character that has slots for gear. The quality of the gear placed in your slot is at your own discretion. Also: Giggitty.

We have a very strict standard that characters applying must have a bare minimum of at least zero artifacts. If you have more than zero artifacts, that's cool, but please note that characters with less than zero artifacts will be asked to earn at least zero artifacts before applying. The same standard holds for gear enchantments as well. Unfortunately, we can not offer any waivers to characters with less than zero enchantments on your gear. If you find yourself slotted with less than zero enchantments, please contact an officer so we can figure out how the heck that happened.

Lastly, we have a new, strict and non-negotiable NO GOATS* policy. We've had issues in the past with goats, and while we don't necessarily have anything inherently against goats, we've found that goats tend to cause more issues in the guild than we're prepared to deal with. If you're a goat, we apologize.

Not interested in applying, just wanted to comment and say I love your guild requirements :p This forum needs a, "best humour and positive attitude of the year" award, so I could give it to either you or @kolatmaster :p (its a hard choice between you to, but with your recent posts, I think you in the lead!) (His gifs do score him a few bonus points though)
  • heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User

Animal rights activists need not be worried about our leadership's decision to block in-coming goat applications. Our Uey-Goat Squad is actually quite healthy and spawning regularly, more than making up for the deficit of lusty new goats by charting un-explored realms and seducing the indigenous fauna. Personally, I'm more worried about the U's drop bear force. They don't get nearly enough credit and they often are found sitting in corners by themselves, eating boxes of Twinkies and Akarso leaves while listening to Adele playlists.
    edited November 2015
    Living proof that we're here to have a good time, but we also take things pretty seriously? Check out the super sweet Stronghold Calculator that some of our egg-shaped headed brethren put together.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    We just finished R10 on the SH. We're hoping to have R12 by Christmas, but that might be a stretch. We don't really track donations, have any sort of requirements for staying a member or call out people who aren't donating. People give what they can, when they can. But overall, I'm pretty impressed with how we're making progress here.

We want out Stronghold to be something we've accomplished together in a positive way, and not make people feel like it's their job to come home from work each night and then start the Stronghold grind.

It's part of our "people first" policy here at Unrepentant. So if this is why you're afraid to join a guild, or this is what it feels like when you log into your current guild, give us a look.

i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited December 2015
    Unrepentant's Coffer doesn't even accept staplers.

We do take acorns, avocado, apples, banana, broccoli, watermelon, bacon, carrots, dandelion, fava bean (pods), grapes, mango, various fishes, some pork, turnips, sassafrass, cans of spinach, rhubarb, fresh and rotten cheeses, chicken, onions, old shoes, pea pods, Martha Stewart magazines, etc.... really, anything you might feed to goats (coincidence only, Boss Zerg, there's no goats in the U, we swears... hey look! I just saw a unicorn!!)

... and anchovies.

Due to pressure from the pro-goat wing of Unrepentant, we're now accepting goats.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I'd like to apply but it seems im too dumb to figure out how to. Im looking at the site, reading what I can but still cant figure how to apply. Either im too drunk or not drunk enough.
    snotty said:

Either im too drunk or not drunk enough.

@snotty That's actually a great start. If you go to the forums, there should be a link at the top to apply.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Now with Module 9 officially announcing the return of lots of our favorite dungeons AND the queuing system being reworked to allow guild queues for epic content like Tiamat and Demogorgon, why AREN'T you looking for more friends to play with?

And if you're one of those people who absolutely hates to be defined by an iLevel, and would rather ask people to group up and kill stuff because it's fun, you're reading the right recruitment thread!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    The good news is now that the goats have been propelled out of the shadows and into the main stream Unrepentant community, there is almost no trash on the grounds around our Stronghold.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a guild where you can wallow for days, swimming in spent Starbucks or Slurpee cups, Twizzler wrappers, and mostly chewed cheese sandwiches, we'd recommend you look elsewhere.
    Mod 9 Update!

Great news for all guilds with the new group queues. While we know there's still some bugs to iron out, being able to jump into eDemo or Tiamat with a bunch of your guild members is super awesome and super easy. And we're also rocking R12 in the GH, so you can throw yourself into the um...long-term venture that is Mastercraft Professions, or have access to the SH weapons.

Working up to get Rank 13 soon, and maybe put some thought into actually getting the Explorer's Guild to make said Mastercrafting just a tiny bit easier.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Rank 13 achieve. Explorer's Guild built...now just time to grind out more influence.

For those interested, we also run weekly events. We try to keep things casual around here and attendance is never mandatory.

Demon Hump Day on Wednesday nights: eDemorgon runs
    Dragon Speed Dating on Saturday afternoons: Stronghold Dragons until we get bored
    Tiamat Time on Sundays: Get in 2-3 successful and easy Tiamat kills with your buds

So if you're tired of grinding out the solo content, or begging for groups from people who just care about your ilevel, look us up. As long as the game will let you queue, we'll let you in. :smile:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    I actually did throw myself into the "long term investment" of mastercraft professions, and I think it's going pretty well as far as investments go. I'm about 2/3 of the way through recouping my investment after a month, and while the turnover on materials is slowing down, and margins are getting more competitive, raw materials have never been cheaper, and I'm getting a fair number of profitable commissions. An additional perk of being part of Unrepentent: I will craft any mastercraft gear and provide it at-cost to you, should you want it.
  • akoran#4212 akoran Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I am looking to join a new guild and yours comes highly recommended, i'm on everyday mainly at night between 7 pm and 12 am.
    My tag is @akoran#4212 or Phaedrus@akoran#4212 :)
    Hope to hear from you soon.
  • snoogens711snoogens711 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am looking to join a new guild and comes highly recommended, I am on everyday in mornings and some evenings. My tag is @snoogens711 or Chocolicious@snoogens711 and have 4 toons: CW, TR, GWF, HR

Hope to hear from you soon...
    Thanks! We're always recruiting. Just remember we're a community, not just a Neverwinter guild. You can check us out at www.unrepentantgaming.com. If you like what you see, you can create an account and apply through the website.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Take good care of everyone who comes your way ironzerg. With the dissolving of mercs, I am trying to find all our members a new home as I feel guilty just abandoning them and this is 1 of the guilds I am recommending :p
    @thefabricant Aw, that's a bummer. What's your plan?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Also, for those seeking refuge, we have no guild requirements other than you being a good person. We're a community interested in people, not just toons...and we tend to be more selective than most. Please take the time to review our recruitment thread, as well as poke around the forums to see if we look like something you're ready to invest in.

And we take the application process pretty seriously. It's a way to start a conversation and get to know people. So please make some effort. If your answers are shorter than our questions, that's not a good start :smile:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1