test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

@c1k4ml3kc3 you could also just use OF twice.

lol so true
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Added my choice of maze engine boons, they are somewhat more defensive, because I have so much offense at this point that I may as well build up survivability by building up defense.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

@c1k4ml3kc3 you could also just use OF twice.

Not with the speed I have on mind hahahaha. :}
    But, yeah, the main reason is always to use the daily twice, which is the reason why it's a very viable artifact.
    Still I'd like to actually see the use for the downright absurd daily in a more common sense or, rather, the use of two different dailies.

Wishful thinking to overcomplicate the already complicated class heh.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Hi, fab, I have a question about 2 builds:
    MoF Thaum with icy veins
    SS rene with Spell Twisting

Is there a big difference betwen 2 of them?
    and what build is better for a casual pve playstyle?

Now i play MoF thaum with icy veins, and i have a free respec. Initialy, i wanted to adjust my build and correct some misstakes in heroic feats as well as in ability scores, but...
    I figured out that icy veins+ icy terrain play a huge role in my survivability, in T1 dungeons i manage to tank mobs by keeping them frozen 70% of the time. The problem is with control imunes and boss/dragons, where i miss selfhealing and die a lot.
    While i enjoy icy veins playstyle, i feel that thaum is more like an endgame paragon, when there is enough lifesteal, so i think about respecing.
    Ofc, i played without icy veins before, when lvling up, but lvling up and post70lvl differ a lot, so i am interested in your opinion on this 2 build at low ilvl. which of them is better.

Also: i am full Alliance + full Lathander and soulforged ench at the moment (2k ilvl with no lifesteal at all), and i progress really slO_Owly.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hi, fab, I have a question about 2 builds:
    MoF Thaum with icy veins
    SS rene with Spell Twisting

Is there a big difference betwen 2 of them?
    and what build is better for a casual pve playstyle?

Now i play MoF thaum with icy veins, and i have a free respec. Initialy, i wanted to adjust my build and correct some misstakes in heroic feats as well as in ability scores, but...
    I figured out that icy veins+ icy terrain play a huge role in my survivability, in T1 dungeons i manage to tank mobs by keeping them frozen 70% of the time. The problem is with control imunes and boss/dragons, where i miss selfhealing and die a lot.
    While i enjoy icy veins playstyle, i feel that thaum is more like an endgame paragon, when there is enough lifesteal, so i think about respecing.
    Ofc, i played without icy veins before, when lvling up, but lvling up and post70lvl differ a lot, so i am interested in your opinion on this 2 build at low ilvl. which of them is better.

Also: i am full Alliance + full Lathander and soulforged ench at the moment (2k ilvl with no lifesteal at all), and i progress really slO_Owly.

@mayday#2798

You are correct that MoF thaum and to a greater extent, thaum in general is a path that has a much higher gear requirement in order to build it correctly. Here are the reasons why:

Advantages of Renegade:
    Up to an additional 15% critical strike chance
    Constant combat advantage
    Chaotic Growth acts as substitute lifesteal
    Nexus+fury act as intermittent dps boosts

Advantages of thaum:
    Icy veins for instant control
    Lots of DoT effects which you can potentially lifesteal off of
    Feats which provide dps boosts in general

The thing is, to build for DPS on CW, you need crit, which is hard to build effectively without gear, which means until you have really good gear, SS renegade is the better option for dps. Furthermore, until you have a high enough lifesteal, (which comes with gear) chaotic growth is excellent for survivability. In the long term, if you have good gear, MoF thaum actually has the highest survivability due to all the dots providing a highly sustainable source of life regeneration, far greater than chaotic growth. MoF ren is miserable for soloing because you have low dps.

What I would recommend is the following:

Go SS Ren until you have roughly 10% lifesteal chance, 52% crit chance or more without renegade feats, 60% RI and a normal or higher weapon enchant. At this point, I would recommend picking the build that suits your play style the best, this would be the point to experiment a lot :)
  • Options

You are correct that MoF thaum and to a greater extent, thaum in general is a path that has a much higher gear requirement in order to build it correctly. Here are the reasons why:

Advantages of Renegade:

Advantages of thaum:

The thing is, to build for DPS on CW, you need crit, which is hard to build effectively without gear, which means until you have really good gear, SS renegade is the better option for dps. Furthermore, until you have a high enough lifesteal, (which comes with gear) chaotic growth is excellent for survivability. In the long term, if you have good gear, MoF thaum actually has the highest survivability due to all the dots providing a highly sustainable source of life regeneration, far greater than chaotic growth. MoF ren is miserable for soloing because you have low dps.

Go SS Ren until you have roughly 10% lifesteal chance, 52% crit chance or more without renegade feats, 60% RI and a normal or higher weapon enchant. At this point, I would recommend picking the build that suits your play style the best, this would be the point to experiment a lot :)

Thnx a lot.
    About enchantment, i have a normal feytoched, should i trade it for vorpal/terror or bilethorn, or, it does not matter and feutouched is good?
  • Options

Advantages of Renegade:

Advantages of thaum:

Thnx a lot.
    About enchantment, i have a normal feytoched, should i trade it for vorpal/terror or bilethorn, or, it does not matter and feutouched is good?
    Feytouched is interesting, because it is an enchant that only truly shines at transcendent. I would trade it away for a vorp or dread, I would not get a terror or bile because they are hard to trade away later if you ever decide you want to try something else.
  • Options

Feytouched is interesting, because it is an enchant that only truly shines at transcendent. I would trade it away for a vorp or dread, I would not get a terror or bile because they are hard to trade away later if you ever decide you want to try something else.

Thank you for your advice
  • Options
    Added my choice of insignia bonuses.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

But how hard do you actually hit?

sorry for the late answer. IF bondings stay like this is possible to have recovery and critical and power in high levels. Put 2 silveries 12 or 1 on an summoned companion can do the trick and go further up with artificers persuation( every 60 seconds 45 for gond). You have comaraderie( i spell it right?:P ) to give you power and switching to valindra you will get another 2% critical rate. Some wizards go and 120% and 130% critical so remove that azure and put silvery instead or and vicious for power recovery? In case of master of flame is a feat can make fanning the flame to deal insane damage. i suggest burning weapon for mof to activate the combustive action almost permanent. imagine i have twisted and i dont use devoted and dailies are often. i will try next days get the burning one.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Hey, quick question re: combat advantage....when you look at your character rating, i see Combat Advantage Bonus Damage +9.4%....I also have the 3 companions (blink, intellect and stahldorf). Is the companion 15% on top of that, or figured in somehow? I am not sure i understand how damage for CA is calculated.
  • Options
    deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    cha?
    15+ ((cha-10)32cha (belt) -10=22)+9.4=46.4%*1.1 (boons)=51.04*4/3*4/3*4/3=120.98%CA
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So what deflect rogue is trying to explain to you:
    the 3 combat advantage companions add +5% damage(each) when you are dealing combat advantage damage. So not 5% of your bonus CA damage, but just a flat +5% damage.
  • Options
    deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Lol? you test it?=)

dmg 100000+50%CA=150000

use the wheel of elements bonus. dmg 100000+30% the wheel of elements bonus=130 000+ 50%CA*1.3 (the wheel of elements bonus) = 214500
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I think I need more coffee, but ty for the replies.
  • Options
    theloyalfurytheloyalfury Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

Updated companions list, removed Lightfoot thief. Updated weapon enchantments with post elol set nerf images and post dread change. Added Elemental Evil campaign with boons. Upcoming Maze engine boons.

just wondering why did you remove the Lightfoot thief?
    Nuitari Moonshadow
  • Options

Updated companions list, removed Lightfoot thief. Updated weapon enchantments with post elol set nerf images and post dread change. Added Elemental Evil campaign with boons. Upcoming Maze engine boons.

It doesn't proc protector's camaraderie.
  • Options
    theloyalfurytheloyalfury Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Thanks for the quick reply

Nuitari Moonshadow
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I am happy to say that +5 rings indeed do drop...sometimes....if you lucky:

I still think they should be something you can earn and not something random, but anyhow.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Gratz...still working on mine for me and my companion.
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Additional source of weekly AD - they added one for Maze Engine - Ballad of Baphomet worth 4500 once you complete the entire boon tree.
  • Options
    baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

do you know if they are going to fix this companion? or someone already reported this bug?
  • Options
    baoshione said:

do you know if they are going to fix this companion? or someone already reported this bug?
    It has been reported and I have no idea if it is getting fixed.
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I have read through this guide multiple times. I have been in game for about a month and a half and this guide has taught me so much about the game itself, as well as to be a CW. Thank you for compiling this.

I do have some questions, if you don't mind.

My character:
    S/S thaum + oppressor
    I'm about 2.6k Ilvl, 12k power, 14+k crit ( 65% chance ), and around 53% armor penetration.
    ----
    I have been using a dread enchant, but recently picked up plague fire. I am at a loss for which one is better DPS.

In solo play I notice that CoI + Icy Terrain on the plague fire can kill an entire mob group in DR. However, with dread equipped, same group gets to about 3/4.

My crits with plague fire seem to be a lot higher. For instance the Lightning Aoe daily was hitting for up to 150k, but only 60-80ish with dread.

----
    Additionally, if you ever have time to add to your guide, more info on item selection ( though you've already added s lot ) would be helpful.

As a new player I'm at a weird spot with gearing where I just don't know where to spend my AD. Most enchants are r7-r8, and I slot for crit and Apen most. Augment companion with avenger + crit stones. All gear is purple ( one blue - damn RP!!!! ). I have mix and matched the gear sets for my stats, but I have no idea where to go from here. r12 enchants seem light years away. Any insight on what I could focus on to get the biggest upgrade for AD/time spent ?
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Also I looked at the charts you included ( thank you ! ) but I see the difference in how damage is allocated between plague & dread - but u I don't understand how to compare total dps potential between them.
  • Options

Also I looked at the charts you included ( thank you ! ) but I see the difference in how damage is allocated between plague & dread - but u I don't understand how to compare total dps potential between them.

You have to bear in mind, that when I tested them, I was testing them with my gear on and the effectiveness of dread is dependent on how much crit you have. I have a lot of crit, which means that dread is more effective for me, but if you have less crit, it may not be as effective for you. It is also why I provide those equations, so you can check based on your circumstances, which enchantment is better. The main purpose of the charts, is to show how the enchant interacts with your different abilities. You can see what it increases and what it does not, which gives you a better idea of how the enchantment works. In my circumstances (with close to 100% crit) the dread is what I find works best, but in different circumstances, you may get different results.

I have read through this guide multiple times. I have been in game for about a month and a half and this guide has taught me so much about the game itself, as well as to be a CW. Thank you for compiling this.

I do have some questions, if you don't mind.

My character:

S/S thaum + oppressor

I'm about 2.6k Ilvl, 12k power, 14+k crit ( 65% chance ), and around 53% armor penetration.

----

I have been using a dread enchant, but recently picked up plague fire. I am at a loss for which one is better DPS.

In solo play I notice that CoI + Icy Terrain on the plague fire can kill an entire mob group in DR. However, with dread equipped, same group gets to about 3/4.

My crits with plague fire seem to be a lot higher. For instance the Lightning Aoe daily was hitting for up to 150k, but only 60-80ish with dread.

----

Additionally, if you ever have time to add to your guide, more info on item selection ( though you've already added s lot ) would be helpful.

As a new player I'm at a weird spot with gearing where I just don't know where to spend my AD. Most enchants are r7-r8, and I slot for crit and Apen most. Augment companion with avenger + crit stones. All gear is purple ( one blue - damn RP!!!! ). I have mix and matched the gear sets for my stats, but I have no idea where to go from here. r12 enchants seem light years away. Any insight on what I could focus on to get the biggest upgrade for AD/time spent ?

With regards to gearing, the first thing you will want to do is upgrade your weapon enchantment to perfect, then your enchantments to rank 9, followed by pushing your artifacts to mythic and then your mainhand to legendary.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    Love your guide! It has allowed me to get in touch with my inner cw in a way I could never have hoped for.

Quick question, I seem to have missed this; how much armpen before you reach the max dr on different mobs and bosses?
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    voidgift said:

Love your guide! It has allowed me to get in touch with my inner cw in a way I could never have hoped for.

Quick question, I seem to have missed this; how much armpen before you reach the max dr on different mobs and bosses?

60% resistance ignored (which is normally ~6300-6400 arp) covers absolutely everything on the pve side of this game.
This discussion has been closed.