test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Economic Woes

blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
So, in game as in life, war is hard on an economy. The great Dev/Bottter war has been ongoing for well over a year and as a result, the game economy is so unstable that it's hard to advance characters the way some (many?) players would like.

For instance, with this stealth 2X RP weekend (thanks, btw - as there was no notice, I'd spend most of my AD a few days before it started), the AH prices on refinement items are at the highest they've been in a very long time, including the ridiculous price of wards.

Devs - don't you think it's about time you figured out a way to stabilize the economy and make the game economy a little less hostile to players? I've been patient, I've defended you to the many players I recruited into your game, but so far you've done little to deserve player loyalty...

Idea: put the wards back on the tarmalune market, lower the ward prices on the Zen market, put stacks of r5 enchants on both of those markets. That would help your players and make RP items less profitable for botters.

So far, it appears you (the devs) are losing, because everything you do raises the prices on the things botters sell - making it more profitable to be a botter. That's a bad strategy. You need to drop the prices on the stuff they sell so they have to work harder and longer to show any profit. BTW - you have all the controls - free market is a myth. Use your power to control market prices when you need to. Stabilize your frickin game so we can play instead of waste time on your forums trying to second guess and arm-chair warrior all your bad strategies!

That is all.

Comments

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    I agree, there needs to be a legit way to buy cheaper RP. Right now it's either buying from bots or insanely overpriced Blood Rubies. Farming yourself is an insane grind considering the high costs for upgrading.
  • nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    The only way to get rid of botters is to get rid of the need for them. Refinement is horrible.. "Legit way to buy cheaper rp" makes me laugh, toons should get more powerful by playing not using the ah.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I have 5 characters running Leadership RP tasks... That has been a lifesaver for me.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    They said they will monitor the t.bar nerf.... after that silence...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

They said they will monitor the t.bar nerf.... after that silence...

Yeah like they always say when they nerf something. I have not seen anything they "monitor" changed or reversed. It is just a lame way of trying to calm and/or distract the playerbase until they forget about it.