test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why play a control wizard in PVP ?

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
To the Neverwinter Developers...

Why has nothing been done ?

At the moment control wizards are a joke in pvp

..... due to elven battle enchant and inferior damage compared to other classes.

I play a cw(main) and have been for a longtime .. but we have almost no control at the moment which in turn leads to less damage.

Entangling force holds an enemy player with an elven battle enchant (even with 2000 control bonus - Ridiculous i know) for 0.5 seconds ?? are you kidding me ?

We have no burst damage either and thus with all the CC resist that players are equipping it has crippled our class all together.

i have tried every build possible ..high crit / damage . debuff ..none really seems to offer any satisfaction.

I dont want to be forced to play another class to compete in pvp with similar gear-score due to our class being broken to the core.

Im writing this as a last effort to the developers top please rework the cw class so we can compete.

GFs one shot , two shot or one rotation any cw (BIS) at the moment which is just silly.

GWFs cannot be killed by CW (BIS level)

Dcs and Hrs with eleven cannot be killed by CW (BIS level)

Exe Trickster Rogues One shot cws as if is going out of fashion

SWs have no issue killing control wizards (BIS level) and cws cannot kill any BIS Scourge warlock.

whats the point then of playing this class in pvp ???

My question is why has nothing been done or even mentioned to try assist a dying class in pvp ?

There are very few cws left who try compete sat the highest level.

I have supported Cryptic and ARC financially throughout the years and would like to keep on doing so if its worth it but at the moment no amount of AD or ZEN can balance the scales.

If this is not addressed i believe myself and more players will leave pvp and this game and rather invest on more balanced platforms.

This is not a threat of any sorts but rather a fin al urge to hear our cries to do something before its too late

Is there any plans to address this problem ?

Are you aware of these issues with the Control wizard class ?

Please advise us ....

Regards

Comments

• fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    forgot to add tht with the oppressors reprieve insignia (gives HP when controlled) we have even less chance to compete .... so impossible to kill most BIS players as they keep generating HP when we try control them with the little control we have ... if they have elven its even less ... sadly yes
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    https://youtu.be/Nbi34TZloNA

L2P ur class,
    there's enough top CWs with *Perma freeze (CC-PROs),*tank shielded,*HighDPS,*etc.
    btw that GWF is Max-Geared on everypoint which is fighting with the CW.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Now do that to someone with Elven Battle.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    cw is just flat out HAMSTER now. worst cc of any class. meh dmg and can be chain cc'd . im sorry but the devs should know better. they have had long enough and pvp as a whole is junk. never seen a game with devs this lazy/clueless on the pvp front. class roles make no sense, immunes are derp mode and pw2 ruins it even more. awful. on every level.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There are some more videos like this one, showing a CW controling another class 1 vs 1 using repel, freeze, icy terrain, looks nice but the problem is... that GWF did not take any damage! The short moments he was not controled, he nearly 3 hit´s that CW.
    I also met CW´s having valindra set+ repel+ freezing me 24/7 1 vs 1 in mod 8 but they dealt zero damage doing so and my warlock was selfhealing even not touching them.
    Wearing an Elven battle that mage is dead in seconds.
    Just translate this video into real PVP ... another teammate with cc abilities or spending cc immunity to that GWF results in a very, very short stay...5 seconds and he will be send to camp.
    In case nothing changed since mod 8 , CW´s are at the bottom in PVP imo.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    pzg33 said:

cw is just flat out HAMSTER now. worst cc of any class. meh dmg and can be chain cc'd . im sorry but the devs should know better. they have had long enough and pvp as a whole is junk. never seen a game with devs this lazy/clueless on the pvp front. class roles make no sense, immunes are derp mode and pw2 ruins it even more. awful. on every level.

Any Class Can get Chain CC'ed In the right Circumstances ..
    There Are many Ways To break Chain cc as a CW
    Elven Battle .. Ogmas Artifact .. MAelstrom of Chaos daily gives CC immunity and lets you break control as well ..
    There are Ways to use powers that synergize to amplify damage as well that do not rely on chill stacks or control ...
    With current node capture system Repel as Cc lets you short hand the node while pushing people off and buying more time
    or out right pushing them off the node down the stair depending on map this is very valuable in games when no one is dying
    or you cant kill you are still helping the team get points to win the match
    REPEL is considered one of the most annoying cc powers in the game almost over powered in some cases and usually works
    regardless of item level or gear.. always repel the most vulnerable person to repel off the node first to keep it ...
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    @djsuperfunx PM me ...Who is your cw and what Guild are you in I take it you are wearing full tenacity gear right ???
  • pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    CW have insane CC, in premades I always leave spot for CW, his repel and chill is more annoying than HR stuns/dazes, also I saw CW with really good burst damages and also nowadays CW is very tanky class. Learn to play ... In my opinion all classes are good you have to just learn to play with them. (If you will say SW/CW is really weak class, pls don't go PvP anymore, PvE is better choice for you)
  • reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @djsuperfunx mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Well ........ I'm only agree with you about we have less damage compared to GWF, GF and yes TR's.
    But i think is it the only thing I'm agree with.
    And I will repeat this forever, I think is ridiculous GF, guardian fighter, TANK CLASS, because is a tank, has more damage than a dps class.

@pauliusxas ?????? really? you can't compare the control from Hr's. I'm really shocked with your comment lol
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    reddygo1 said:

And I will repeat this forever, I think is ridiculous GF, guardian fighter, TANK CLASS, because is a tank, has more damage than a dps class.

The GF class has more then 1 spec[tree]. It can be a tank or a DPS striker.
    CW's a controller class. Shouldn't they only have high CC ability but not high DPS also?

Everyone wants their class buffed and other classed nerfed. It's 90% of the posts in the PvP forum.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Opressor is third choice in premades even with the term control. Is not because the elven battle but because other trees can do the same and and other job and i dont mean they can control all.
    thauma can do it easier be and controler and damage dealer( CONTROLER always i mean the control durations ofcourse)
    and renegade harder to be and controller and buffer (need to invest into recovery because cant get spell twisting if he wants to go to veins).

i have played veins-renegade at the start of m6 was excelent but was lacking the recovery to reset cooldowns. NOW with so much gear included in pvp( mount insignias drowned weapon you can be any tree.

the trolling feat in on opressor tree: glacial movement was the reason i didnt go pure controler go opressor and get 24% total control duration with orb . THE old orb they did right to nerf it so not any tree to have 100% duration but they didnt give that to the opressor.

WITH few words if cryptic want poeple to play opressor CHANGE GLACIAL MOVEMENT TO ADD 20% PER RANK INSTEAD INCREASE EFFECTIVENESS BY 20% OF 5% FOR EACH RANK. IF not then i will keep freeze enemy for long duration with other tree with some wisdom and control invested.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    this vid proved me wrong :) funny
    ok, seems to be a skilled player, as far as I can tell he doesn´t make lot´s of mistakes
    valindra set+ elvenenchant, some deflect some lifesteal, and a lot of arp i bet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbLEPRoB1I
    Post edited by schietindebux on

@mamalion1234 sorry to say: but you are completely wrong.

1. Oppressors are always welcome in premades before damage CWs. Take notes, you need points from capped nodes to win, not kills.

2. The other trees have not nearly as much control as oppressor, tested it with a friend on preview.

As full control CW he was almost impossible to kill for me.

Here you got an example of another CW (oppressor).

i will give it a shot;p but if elven battle or high deflection enemy prevent my freeze to land you will buy me back the respec token.!
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Eye of the storm is bugged again, there's no cooldown enjoy the perma 100% crit, till they fix it.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    3 days testing the result was: you can be whatever build you want with the mount to win with hp to win deflect to win and drowned weapon to win. that is the reality.
    macjae said:

This is what the game says their roles are.

And the game says this where? If that's the case, why does the GF have an effective DPS tree, that's not changed.
    edited May 2016

Ya. GF is in no way meant to be a Primary Striker. It is a goof that I am sure will be fixed.

It's not a goof, it's just power creep like everyone else. I've been playing GF main for a long time.
    The DPS didn't just show up mysteriously after a patch, it's been there for the conqueror class, but it really started to get noticed with the buffs/mulitpliers designed for Vanillia/Mod1 stats gets Mod 8 stats. Like ITF with 90+% dmg increase etc.

Hopefully before all the GFs get used to it and forget what being a tank means.

We forgot tanking when OPs replaced us for 3 mods. Even though things like ITF might get tweaked[nerfed], I'm pretty sure GFs are going to remain a striker class. Because they always were, but only the PvPers were noticing.
    xgrandz02 said:

Eye of the storm is bugged again, there's no cooldown enjoy the perma 100% crit, till they fix it.

Enjoy. Keep attack pressure going to keep it active.

xgrandz02 said:

https://youtu.be/Nbi34TZloNA

L2P ur class,
    there's enough top CWs with *Perma freeze (CC-PROs),*tank shielded,*HighDPS,*etc.
    btw that GWF is Max-Geared on everypoint which is fighting with the CW.

You video shows exactly what im trying to indicate ....

with a oppressor (very low damage) build and very good game play by Lekes she was able to avoid getting killed by Saber BUT will never kill him .... saber also has negation and is alot easier to control ... if saber had elven battle enchant lekes was dead in seconds.

The fact is a BIS CW cannot KILL a BIS GWF. Tht is the issue. its not about survivability.

alot of under 4k gwfs cannot be killed by BIS CWs .. the main reason is CW do not have enough burst damage as GWFs self heal are just silly/immortal.

Kalina is probably the best cw in the pvp community and Kalina has confirmed tht he cannot kill a BIS GWF 1v1.

Say no more.

edited May 2016
    a good start would be ...

GWFs and GFs requires a rework.

You cant have a basically immortal class (GWF) with such high dps or a defense class (GF) with a one rotation burst damage capability (Not much skill required) to kill almost any class (except GWF is hard battle)

Elven also needs rework - example : with 1600 control bonus (artifacts etc) a cw still only hold player with elven for 0.5 seconds when casting entangling force ....lol like really ?? .. whats the point of stacking the control bonus ??

why are most players only using 1 of 2 and armour/weapon enchants ?

why not buff some of existing enchants which is basically irrelevant atm ?

....so i did say abit more :mrgreen:

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on
  • madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    What you described is not class problems, but todays pvp.
    Lots of tenacity.
    Lots of hp due to gh hp boon.
    Lots of deflect.
    Lots of self heal(insignia, artifacts, weapon sets etc).

Those are the reasons why BIS players have major difficulties in killing each other in clear 1 v 1. The expectation is GF probably, who rotates everything in game, not just cw.

And as much as I see in pvp these days, cw is a very decent and useful class. There is no class in game that can keep node clear from 2 players except for cw. Ofc it's only possible if he knows how to play the class. And the "no burst" thing you said is HAMSTER. I dont know how you play, but I know cw that are hard to get close to em, hard to get their hp down, have enormous self heal, and on top of that can burst your HAMSTER down pretty fast. I see no reason to whine about that class today. They are good both in pvp and in pve.
    madziggy1 said:

What you described is not class problems, but todays pvp.
    Lots of tenacity.
    Lots of hp due to gh hp boon.
    Lots of deflect.
    Lots of self heal(insignia, artifacts, weapon sets etc).

Those are the reasons why BIS players have major difficulties in killing each other in clear 1 v 1. The expectation is GF probably, who rotates everything in game, not just cw.

And as much as I see in pvp these days, cw is a very decent and useful class. There is no class in game that can keep node clear from 2 players except for cw. Ofc it's only possible if he knows how to play the class. And the "no burst" thing you said is HAMSTER. I dont know how you play, but I know cw that are hard to get close to em, hard to get their hp down, have enormous self heal, and on top of that can burst your HAMSTER down pretty fast. I see no reason to whine about that class today. They are good both in pvp and in pve.

the whine propably is that atm in pvp fit on control side more ( elven HAMSTER that:P) and the his damage doesnt fit the damage role.

@mamalion1234 sorry to say: but you are completely wrong.

1. Oppressors are always welcome in premades before damage CWs. Take notes, you need points from capped nodes to win, not kills.

2. The other trees have not nearly as much control as oppressor, tested it with a friend on preview.

As full control CW he was almost impossible to kill for me.

Here you got an example of another CW (oppressor).

i will give it a shot;p but if elven battle or high deflection enemy prevent my freeze to land you will buy me back the respec token.!
    update: cw renegade full recovery +wisdom + icy veins is the best of the best build out here but is the most expensive and complicated to stack and recovery and penetration one. not only cc but also buff-heal and debuff( master of flame).
    5 words : damage-buff-debuff-heal.
    thauma with veins and spell twist is the 2nd best choice damage cc.

opressor is the best cc out here but is not the best build is the cheapest build,
    AND in case they decide to nerf that a lot self healing happening? renegade will be again the one choice!
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Recovery+wis? Who talked about stack recovery and wis? :D
    edited May 2016

Recovery+wis? Who talked about stack recovery and wis? :D

for the resists and bonuses and to compensate the loss of spell twisting, talking about tank-control-buffer build .