test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

looking for a good grind map

ject777ject777 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
looking for a good foundry map like an endless corridor or something like that a good one to grind in....but im only seeing like 25 foundry maps for some reason....so ya if anyone got any easy straight forward grind ones

Comments

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    That's because the Foundry has been down since the launch of the last module.

It doesn't seem like it's coming back either.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They have removed any maps that are "farmable" because of bots (my theory, not confirmed). The only quests on the list are the only ones currently available. I do not believe any of those would be what you are looking for. Nor do I think they will allow what you are looking for any time in the immediate future.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ject777ject777 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ok well thanks for the reply guys
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

They have removed any maps that are "farmable" because of bots (my theory, not confirmed).

There are only 23 non-farmable maps? I doubt that. Bots do their botting elsewhere (it's no secret where) in any case because of nerfs to foundry loot/lack of skill nodes etc.

Devs have stated more than once that grind/farm maps were allowed and legitimate as long as there are no exploits built in by the author (I will decline to list the many ways maps could be built to exploit).

For a while there were 22 available foundries, then the devs said they'd restart the publishing, and the next day there were 23 available foundries, which is where things have stood for weeks. Foundry publishing is simply broken.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Not to offend you Kreatyve, the catalog still contains the same 23 stale Foundry quests. So I really doubt you can blame botters. I am playing on STO until the Foundry editor returns to NW. Of course that won't happen until A - the catalog is replenished and B - the developers reactivate the editor. Sadly the Foundry Authors were told back in February, Cryptic has no plans to work on the Foundry for the remainder of 2016. While the community appreciated the honest truth for a change, the news doesn't have authors lining up to write new material.

Ject777 or anyone else asking this question; the Foundry is not a good farming source to begin with, botters (the ones I have seen) typically hang out near the dragon Charthraxis in the graveyard with some simple keyboard banger going away at it. I play the Foundry for content because all the Cryptic quests sound like they were written by 12 year-olds for 9 year-olds to play. If you are looking for loot to drop, join a decent guild and farm the area around the stronghold with high level members. If you are wanting AD then do the dailies (dungeon, skirmish, PvP).

I hope to see the catalog filled again and the editor back up and running. Until then, Live long and prosper.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    These aren't maps, these are quests, often involving multiple maps and dialog interactions. Like previously noted, the entire end game experience is focused on grinding in many areas. There aren't any specific drops from foundries that will benefit you more than those already found in end game areas. The chest at the end of each quest gives you an uncommon armor piece, and any enchants like Dragon's Hoard have had their effectiveness diminished when playing Foundry quests. There is also no ability for authors to place skill nodes, or store fronts, so saddle up and head to those end game zones.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5