test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New VIP Item , companion ?

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
about the new companion is it claimable on all your characters? or you can claim it only once?
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9924453-new-item:-vip-(6-months)-&-paranoid-delusion

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    Since it is bind on Equip, that sounds like sellable. Hence, I assume only once.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    My big thought, once we hit the 1yr anniversary of VIP will they announce new rank 13+ ?

I hate to buy now and cap at 12:(
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    So since I already have over a year purchased of VIP I automatically get this companion... right? Or is that article telling me they want me to buy 6 more months on top of the year I've already purchased to get it? Cause Its limited time... So hurry up and buy 6 more months! That whats happening right now?
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Nope doesnt matter how much VIP time you have already purchased, could've purchased 6 months yesterday, gotta buy it all over again to get the companion... No thanks Neverwinter Marketing Team. Ill buy VIP when I feel like it, or not.

IMO if you are already rank twelve with several hundred days worth of VIP already on your account you should have been awarded this for loyal patronage...

Elder Scrolls Online does stuff like that all the time FYI Marketing Team.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Beat me to it metalldjt - i wonder what superpowers this one will have.

It does look interesting but I have too many bad memories of them smacking me around in edemo to want one :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    nimandiir said:

Nope doesnt matter how much VIP time you have already purchased, could've purchased 6 months yesterday, gotta buy it all over again to get the companion... No thanks Neverwinter Marketing Team. Ill buy VIP when I feel like it, or not.

IMO if you are already rank twelve with several hundred days worth of VIP already on your account you should have been awarded this for loyal patronage...

Elder Scrolls Online does stuff like that all the time FYI Marketing Team.

I have to agree with you. I hated this whole VIP concept from the start. So obvious how the game was setting up for this cash grab. Eventually I gave in though and tried it, mostly for the keys. VIP 12 and several hundred days of VIP later it would definitely be nice of them to show us little customer appreciation. No demands or entitlement. Just saying would be cool of them.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    My 1st thought when I saw this: "VIP must be selling really bad if they need to add a companion to it".
    The pet itself might be good, who knows, the changing form sounds like fun, but I would rather have it without VIP, tyvm. And ofc somebody would have to test it for me before I'd even consider purchase.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm thinking that VIP is "selling bad" because it pays itself over time, so people aren't actually buying VIP at all, they're just getting it via F2P means. Which kind of defeats the meaning of VIP itself.
    I know I'm gonna be hated for this if the devs somehow read and agree with this feedback, lol.
  • bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Is the new vip companion with 6 month purchase vip only claimable once or can it be claimed by all the toons under the account?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Is the new vip companion with 6 month purchase vip only claimable once or can it be claimed by all the toons under the account?

Once I get a 15% off coupon, Ill let you know
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Alert! red alert! (by star trek) danger! warning! danger! quoted by flailing robot in lost in space, oooh wait, wrong topic and wrong shows.
    seem another bait gimmick! many other players had given up or trusting again since bad bait and switch they did with us, heard some refused to extend VIP memberships, and i go slowly by 1 a month and see what happens, if i like it, then i add 1 more month, and dont like what they do, then it is done or skip until they fix or bring back specific things, and still waiting for zen prices get lower.

for +50 dollars for a new pet? and supply of free keys for 6 months??? um, i dont know, would be sweeter if they included 3 coal wards......
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Once I get a 15% off coupon, Ill let you know
    It's bind-on-equip. You can infer pretty readily from that, you get one and only one (unless you buy more bundles).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    Soooo its at-will is not your choice,it doesn't proc bonding runestones that much and it's your copy but it fights in close quarters.As a copy of my cw (spam chilling cloud next to the mob)it dies really often
    Tested on the preview with my palaheal and my palatank,it uses the same shielding strike on the two
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

It's bind-on-equip. You can infer pretty readily from that, you get one and only one (unless you buy more bundles).

I haven't been in game to see, and the screenshot just shows Bound to Character (which is what they all say). If its BoE (which would make sense, as I think all companions that come from a package like this are), then yea, 1 per toon.

Not sure if I'll get it or not. Sounds more "oh COOL" than "Amazballs useful!". I really wish companions would get a Mount style overhaul so that all the skins are useful. I'd love to use some of the companion skins, just with other companions abilities. Having some pets of equal level be better than others and therefore more useful sort of sucks. I'd MUCH rather use my Drow Mercenary skin with my Shadow Demon's damage for example.....
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Definitely BoE, there is already one for sale on the auction house.
    edited April 2016
    tousseau said:

Hmmm... and I'm already at 1 year cap...

You don't get additional benefits past rank 12, but you can buy more time, can't you?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yes, just for buying more time, that was it.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Looks really cool. Very gun-shy after being burned with VIP twice now.
  • chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    It's a cool pet really,there is another "you" fighting with you....just it's you after a stroke
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Well my vip has been ticking down for months and I have not logged in to even play. 120 days left or so on rank 12.... not interested... I want a refund for time wasted that I could not use my vip.

Better if it ticked down during game play time, instead of always ticking down time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I'm thinking that VIP is "selling bad" because it pays itself over time, so people aren't actually buying VIP at all, they're just getting it via F2P means. Which kind of defeats the meaning of VIP itself.
    I know I'm gonna be hated for this if the devs somehow read and agree with this feedback, lol.

ViP can only be bought with ZEN.
    ZEN in the ZAX is from other players, that bought it with real money.
    ViP = real money.

And this might be the reason, why ViP is "selling bad":
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1212367/update-on-the-trade-bar-store

On topic, without any improvement in the ViP rewards, i don't see any reason to buy into this... not even with ZEN from the ZAX.
    The last official information from a Dev Q&A or letter on ViP was, that they don't have any plans on improving ViP.
    Even if the companion is good at the moment, it might get nerfed later.

I still have over 270 days left on my ViP, rank 12, and since the companion isn't even account-wide...
    I'll just wait for the next 50% sale.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User

----

It appears to be only claimable once. It appears on the toon that you bought the VIP on.

Total BS

I thought it was account wide, since VIP is account wide, now mine is stuck on an invoking toon

edited April 2016
    gluggo said:

----

It appears to be only claimable once. It appears on the toon that you bought the VIP on.

Total BS

I thought it was account wide, since VIP is account wide, now mine is stuck on an invoking toon

The companion is bind on equip. Unless you were silly enough to name it already, you could transfer it where you like. (If so, maybe you could ask Customer Service to delete it and issue a replacement because you misunderstood.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

Pretty much what I did. I clicked to inspect him and he went into my companion stables, but I was under the assumption he would be account wide, like my humblebundle and other package companions. Live and learn I reckon. High price to pay for a single use companion.

I sent a ticket in, maybe they will unbind him for me so I can put him on a toon I use

gluggo said:

----

Total BS

The companion is bind on equip. Unless you were silly enough to name it already, you could transfer it where you like. (If so, maybe you could ask Customer Service to delete it and issue a replacement because you misunderstood.)
    edited April 2016
    gluggo said:

Pretty much what I did. I clicked to inspect him and he went into my companion stables, but I was under the assumption he would be account wide, like my humblebundle and other package companions. Live and learn I reckon. High price to pay for a single use companion.

I sent a ticket in, maybe they will unbind him for me so I can put him on a toon I use

gluggo said:

----

Total BS

You might have to go back and forth a bit to get your rep to understand what you're requesting, but it's not unreasonable. (Be polite. Say please and thank you and if you really hit a brick wall, ask them to escalate your ticket, please and thank you.)

They can't unbind an item per se. What they would get you to do is discard the bound one, and when they've verified that you no longer have the item you've requested to replace, they issue another.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Well, I sent in a ticket, we'll see what happens. But your suggestion is reasonable, I'd be content with that resolution.

*fingers crossed*

gluggo said:

gluggo said:

----

Total BS

You might have to go back and forth a bit to get your rep to understand what you're requesting, but it's not unreasonable. (Be polite. Say please and thank you and if you really hit a brick wall, ask them to escalate your ticket, please and thank you.)

They can't unbind an item per se. What they would get you to do is discard the bound one, and when they've verified that you no longer have the item you've requested to replace, they issue another.