What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove ALL boons from PVP and insignias

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Heck yeah! Remove all this silly things
    The issue are the SH-boons !
    In mod 4/5 I could outplay a BIS GWF and kill him with my warlock being far undergeared, now I can spamm all day long encounter and his HP won´t drop.

The issue also are broken enchants like feytouched , negation and now shadowshyt

And the issue also are insignias, wich heal for big ammounts....
    @revolverjesus there was a post few weeks ago, someone posted ACT and it was shown that the insignia even did more healing than drowned weapon in his ACTlog

About drains and silly rings not to talk.

Going on with that silly sh.it you will never ever on this earth have a player base that sticks with PVP, but you will go on fighting the same 20-40 dudes all day till nirvana.
    It´s obvious a big waste of time argueing, since these 40 dudes want to keep their broken HAMSTER and take it into grave, have fun.
    It´s so obvious that the PVP we got is rotten and unplayable, mod 8 in DOM was redicules, stomp or get stomped, stay at node share points, lol
    I even can´t understand why there are player left who stick and defend this BS... no words for so much ignorance and blindness
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

In mod 4/5 I could outplay a BIS GWF and kill him with my warlock being far undergeared, now I can spamm all day long encounter and his HP won´t drop.

The issue also are broken enchants like feytouched , negation and now shadowshyt

@revolverjesus there was a post few weeks ago, someone posted ACT and it was shown that the insignia even did more healing than drowned weapon in his ACTlog

Going on with that silly sh.it you will never ever on this earth have a player base that sticks with PVP, but you will go on fighting the same 20-40 dudes all day till nirvana.
    It´s obvious a big waste of time argueing, since these 40 dudes want to keep their broken HAMSTER and take it into grave, have fun.
    It´s so obvious that the PVP we got is rotten and unplayable, mod 8 in DOM was redicules, stomp or get stomped, stay at node share points, lol
    I even can´t understand why there are player left who stick and defend this BS... no words for so much ignorance and blindness

you problably do not understand the concept on how the insignias are proccing for different classes.

the boons are fine, if SH boons were to be removed that would be a huge nerf in damage, and thats exactly what some classes need: MORE DAMAGE, i already made a list on what are the issues for now with the healing sources on the previous page, and the other things that should be adressed would be the lack of BURST DAMAGE of some CLASSES against others at BiS vs BiS, and the DEFENSIVE powers of some classes with stacking to much of 1 stat, such as Deflect with Deflect severity , thats where the issue is at BiS vs BiS.
    a game mode where ITL doesn't matteR? that would be rocket league type of game.
    at the end of the day GEAR matters, MOBAS and MMORPGS the items are makin the difference.

either way if you want to make a difference try to make the Premade Que system thread to be seen by devs, until they implement it.
    No Lancer we need less self healing, wake the F up.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Noway! Boons are awesome and so are insignias!
    we will need less heal when some classes will do less damage, gf i m looking at you and some other will do more damage (hr now its your turn)

right now with that healing someone can handle a non 1shot hit from a gf, a hr is still not killing anyone
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    There's no real justification that you should get a massive competitive advantage in PvP for stuff other people have done. Join a guild, instant massive bonus against others, no work. It's just not right.
    edited April 2016
    Lancer, why do you think did 95% of all PVP focussed player left this game?
    Because they were fed up having too less power? Lol
    How long do you think it should last for the average player to take part in PVP without being stomped 24/7
    How many player decide to stay these days and stick with this game, invest 100 s of Dollars to push their toon, grind till their fingers are bleeding for >1year to get what? An umbalanced boring match, same map for ages, ending at the node sharing points?
    There have to be separated options , the main PVP map should equalize the chars or at least deactivate these extras to make PVP viable for the majority, in case someone likes it, he will spend ad/money and gear up.
    Let there be a 1 vs 1 and a 5 vs 5 map to join with all your maxed gear and toons, maybe some extras for elite player to get rewards for their achievements.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    This sort of discussion is why it's hard for us to get new toys.

The randomness of possibly acquiring the appropriate sigils via PvE or prudent AH shopping does help remove all the "unfairness" of wallet warriors, and makes it harder for bot users to max out chrs. Randomising adds fairness.

<<<Still in Black Ice Gear Mixed Set.

Check out my bonuses sometime.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon

@revolverjesus1 I do agree, we need less self healing but it must come hand in hand with a lot of other changes such as nerfing burst damage of TR/GF, AP gain etc.

OFC it the sillyness of GFs need a change so does a lot of things, i am just saying that this way is a good START.
    edited April 2016
    metalldjt
    yes we need less selfhealing, and i already wrote 4 suggestions that could be possible , insignias won't go away as much as u wish for

1. Remove Endless consumtion
    2. Nerf the wheel of elements from 100% to 50%.
    3. Make the Elven Tranquility, Enraged Regrowth and Gale of Retribution exactly how insignias are, to not be affected by healing depression or incoming healing bonus.
    4. Drowned weapons should have 2minutes cooldown. (it proccs for 30s, and the downtime should be 1 minute 30s)

these 4 would be enough of a nerf in PvP.

in rest the damage needs to be increased on those 4 classes : HR, SW, CW and GWF .
    For a GWF it needs a rework on the stacks, i've posted in other thread aswell about it : HIGHER BASE DAMAGE, LESS DAMAGE BONUS FROM STACKS.

Quoting sucks........

Why cant the insignias go away from PVP? It is just as likely as they adjust the boons imo.

I DID tell u that by removing the Boons and THEN look at the classes would be best for balance. I want to OPEN the PVP for everyone in the game NOT just the 1% that u and i participate in. Roflstomp undergeard players has gone on for WAY to long.

And imo the right step to do it is removing Insignias, Boons, MountBonus, and maybe even to just get stats from 1 artifact.

Buy R12 for Glory you earn and then refresh em when its timer runs out.

To me it seems that ppl that played this game for a long time and Worked for their things, rather have them to use/abuse to less lucky newcomer. PVP shoulnt be about who has the biggest wallet or the most time per day grinding PVE to get PVP things.

We need to let go of the shiny things not everyone have and make PVP fun for ALL!
    metalldjt said:

Because there is no point in removing the BOONS , or insignias in PVP, when class balance could be worked out around them, not to mention you want them to be removed cause there is a GAP between a player that owns r12 and one that doesn't ?
    Did those players that use ambush ring got you with their logic or what?
    the PvP should be simple:
    keep the BiS v BiS separated from 2k item level, that would be more achievable, and whenever those 2k item level don't desire to be 2k il, their only choice is to GEAR UP..
    it's like in CS GO , puttin Dimitry team against FNATIC, LOLz.

indeed the PvP is unrewarding, thats another thing that ppl should advocate for it.

1. Premade Que system
    2. Rewards for doing PvP
    3. Class Balance

Besides the sources of healing that i suggested there, it doesn't seem there are other's that are out of whack, except the individual powers that some classes posses : chaotic regrowth , fighters recovery etc.

WTF are u talking about? NO it can't. You seriously only want to be BIGGER and stronger then most of the ppl pretty sad to see.
    So u think its FUN when BiS fight BiS when every class is a healer and a Tank? To much gipsy vodka for u latley?

What is wrong with everyone has an equal chance in PVP? Why do u have to be BiS? or in a big guild to compete? Pls give a good answer on this, or maybe u just like fight the same ppl all the time and feel mighty and cool when 2K IL cant kill u 1on5.

PVP should be about PVP and not PVE.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Yey,.

I found one thing that is positive on removing this stuff!!

I could spare a lot of time just by ignoring all this specific quest for boons/campaign etc.
    there's no more reason to quest for it.

if we are honest,
    we don't need boons for PvE lol, all the pve content it's easy enough.
    just get an ionstone or a Warlock and ur fine for pvE dungeons,skirmish etc.

mh but if all that ignoring actually happens,
    how will it end for NW?,we'll see..
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

+1
    BTW this whole discussion would not exist if the old GS was still a thing and there was an actually matchmaking based on gs.
    i can wait for ages but gimme fair fights
    premades vs premades
    pugs vs pugs
    a more or less fair GS (not item level) bracketing
    You will go on discussing till it´s lancer, maybe clonky and tolkienbuff left doing PVP, discussing in a triangel not getting one step forward.
    Sell all your stuff, step again in this game and go PVP with a fresh 70. Gear up (without cheatsand exploits) and come back to tell us how long it took to be competetive in PVP.
    In case you want more player to stick to PVP and to the game, you need solutions and not a discussion about adjusting SH boons.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2016

That is also the problem. Players with 4.2k IL calling anyone lower IL than them scrubs and pugs. I would love to see these BIS guys try to PVP with 2k IL.

Players with 4.2k IL calling anyone lower IL than them scrubs and pugs is often referred to as http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HAMSTER. Also there's a great chance that they are scrubs themselves.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scrub+Noob
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PuG
    I see nothing about ilvl there, but yeah, most likely (with high probability) a guy with ultra-low ilvl is a scrub or pug. But that doesn't mean that he's nessesarily scrub or pug... Whereas, if a guy has 4.2k ilvl, that doesn't mean he is not scrub or typical pug.

ABSOLUTE
    It´s a fact noone can deny, that PVP got more and more unplayable the more gear stuff, boons, insignias, mounts, drains were implemented.
    Compare PVP 4-5 mods ago, it allready had some problems but you could form a match most time, you could handle some BIS guys.
    Sure the matchmaker allways was a poor concept and never worked properly.
    But in the sum the gear fetichism and powercreep killed PVP.
    That´s not to deny. The only solution would be: 1. separate those groups by giving two options to join PVP or 2. get rid of that gear in PVP.
    i kind of agree that pvp should be "without a proper matchmaking based on gear" the more fair possible for every level of players.
    this means (again "without a proper matchmaking") that gear should not be involved at all in pvp.
    But then what?
    1) i would not play pve at all.
    2) i would not even care about what they are going to release and when.
    3) we should all play the same class, otherwise some ones with no gear are going to perform better than others.

its just pointless..we need the old GS back and we need a matchmaking or something even simpler: special hourly events where only premades can queue. Outside of these events only solo - q is allowed.
    Tenacity is removed from gear and everyone is granted a right amount of it regarless its equiment. This value is such that a critical hit without additional critical severity hits (lets say) 10% harder than a normal hit.

these are simple changes that would heavily impact perceived balance.

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    metalldjt said:

That is also the problem. Players with 4.2k IL calling anyone lower IL than them scrubs and pugs. I would love to see these BIS guys try to PVP with 2k IL.

whats the problem in that?
    i dont judge them based only on 2k item level, but most of them are scrubs..
    i have a 2.5k item level iGWF for PvE , and i am also judged by PvE players, they remove me from their parties etc.
    even thou i outdamage them quite frequently and i am always top3 dps.

So discrimination is done by every player in game , right? its not only PvP.

If i were a 2k item level and i would PvP , i would do the possible that ican to win the match, and that's by cappin the nodes and try to be a team player, do i see any 2k item level do that? they either are doing anti-play, they are either playin like TRs with first strike, and run away without caring about the nodes, or either they go 4 players on 1 node to get slaughtered, when PvP domination is about obtainin points by cappin and keepin the nodes. i've solo qued and those 2k item level are doing exactly the opposite of what needs to be done, so why would i wish to DOWNGRADE my toon to their LEVEL of scrubness ?
    no boons , no insginias fine.
    and then we have r12 and transcendents and mythic artifacts
    we remove them aswell.
    While everything will be removed until you will be satisfied you will realize that you will still be fightin the same matches as before.

when it could be easier to keep those 2k item level away from BiS players, atleast in PvP domination , make GauntleGrym of SH PvP that way you desire. Make it rewarding, but do not ruin PvP domination with your wishes.

right now the most important thing is that there isn't a premade que , and we need one, second to that we need class balance, no removal of everything, because they aren't that bad for now, since there are plenty of way to work around it.

HR players complain about their lack of burst damage , other classes complain about HRs that they are controllin to much with their dazes/disables/roots etc.
    CW players complain about their lack of burst damage and that they have to use shield on tab, other classes complain about CWs that they spam repel way to often and their chaotic regrowth.
    SW players complain their lack of burst damage. other classes complain about SWs that they are hard to catch and these past few modules they are takin less and less damage, and they healing quite alot
    GWF players complain their lack of burst damage and the stack system being hard to achieve, other classes complain about GWFs that they are healing quite alot and being hard to kill.

Fix these 4 classes and you will have fun PVP matches.

last time i checked GFs / TRs are fun to play
    GFs can one rotate. TRs have a good daily and good utility encounters, the only 2 classes that stand a chance in beating a paladin or a cleric.

so yea remove boons and insignias cause we will all play a GFs, TRs , paladins and clerics.
    they can do nothing anyway, even if they perfectly theorycraft their gameplay, it make ZERO difference,they will be roflstomped, others teamates will be roflstomped only it takes few seconds more ...

and they know it and dont bother queing anymore
    edited April 2016
    vinceent1 said:

metalldjt said:

whats the problem in that?
    i dont judge them based only on 2k item level, but most of them are scrubs..
    i have a 2.5k item level iGWF for PvE , and i am also judged by PvE players, they remove me from their parties etc.
    even thou i outdamage them quite frequently and i am always top3 dps.

So discrimination is done by every player in game , right? its not only PvP.

If i were a 2k item level and i would PvP , i would do the possible that ican to win the match, and that's by cappin the nodes and try to be a team player, do i see any 2k item level do that? they either are doing anti-play, they are either playin like TRs with first strike, and run away without caring about the nodes, or either they go 4 players on 1 node to get slaughtered, when PvP domination is about obtainin points by cappin and keepin the nodes. i've solo qued and those 2k item level are doing exactly the opposite of what needs to be done, so why would i wish to DOWNGRADE my toon to their LEVEL of scrubness ?
    no boons , no insginias fine.
    and then we have r12 and transcendents and mythic artifacts
    we remove them aswell.
    While everything will be removed until you will be satisfied you will realize that you will still be fightin the same matches as before.

when it could be easier to keep those 2k item level away from BiS players, atleast in PvP domination , make GauntleGrym of SH PvP that way you desire. Make it rewarding, but do not ruin PvP domination with your wishes.

right now the most important thing is that there isn't a premade que , and we need one, second to that we need class balance, no removal of everything, because they aren't that bad for now, since there are plenty of way to work around it.

HR players complain about their lack of burst damage , other classes complain about HRs that they are controllin to much with their dazes/disables/roots etc.
    CW players complain about their lack of burst damage and that they have to use shield on tab, other classes complain about CWs that they spam repel way to often and their chaotic regrowth.
    SW players complain their lack of burst damage. other classes complain about SWs that they are hard to catch and these past few modules they are takin less and less damage, and they healing quite alot
    GWF players complain their lack of burst damage and the stack system being hard to achieve, other classes complain about GWFs that they are healing quite alot and being hard to kill.

Fix these 4 classes and you will have fun PVP matches.

last time i checked GFs / TRs are fun to play
    GFs can one rotate. TRs have a good daily and good utility encounters, the only 2 classes that stand a chance in beating a paladin or a cleric.

so yea remove boons and insignias cause we will all play a GFs, TRs , paladins and clerics.
    they can do nothing anyway, even if they perfectly theorycraft their gameplay, it make ZERO difference,they will be roflstomped, others teamates will be roflstomped only it takes few seconds more ...

and they know it and dont bother queing anymore
    there is already not much to stomp anymore, some AD-junkeys or nubs who dare to step in PVP
    rest in peace and gl to the player who queue, desperately try to stick with their broken gear, how many fun matches out of ten doing solo queue?