test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox Righteous DC here, seeking advice

sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
Greetings my PC elders, Righteous Cleric with High Prophet's, here by far my favorite spec over any other class I have. Looking to min/max my DPS. Not trying to top paingiver since I buff and debuff but I don't want to be 15-30 mil behind. I'm mainly PvE btw.

1). How should I be distributing my stats? I'm currently a 3.2k ilvl. 48% Crit Chance, 100% severity with 20k power before my gifts proc, also 60% RI thanks to axe beak.

After they proc I'm 64% crit chance with 50k power with 3 stacks. Should I sacrifice some power to get my crit up? I still don't have my twisted set (getting the OH in two weeks unless I get lucky with a drop) so it wouldn't be too much of a drop.

2). Artifacts/Set, currently running Lostmauth's our fix isn't coming for about a month. Should I stick with the set or split it up?

I was thinking dropping the lost. horn swapping it for Tiamat's orb (with lantern, wheel, and horn of Val). Swapping lost. belt for Tiamat's belt for more WIS and CHA for damage and combat adv. damage.

3). Companions. Active is my merc with 3xR12 bonding. Then I have Siegemaster, Air Archon, Fire Archon, and Intellect Devourer. Should I swap maybe the Devourer for the Erinyes?

I impulse bought the Owlbear Cub before I knew it didn't work with chains (was this fixed on PC?). So it just sits in my idle slots.

4) Weapon Enchantment should I get a trans Dread as soon as I can?? Currently run with a Trans Plaguefire but if I see someone is already running it I put on my Trans Feytouched.

_____

Well, can't really think about anything else to ask my usual load out is:

Class Feats: terrifying and Divine fortune

Encounters: Chains, BTS, and DG

One other thing, since the LM fix are you guys closer to the other DPS class in terms of Paingiver? I know Paingiver doesn't mean much (whoever rushes ahead, blah killing trash quicker).

Any suggestions to help out is greatly appreciated.
Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
Alts:
Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
Saxon Ranger (Warden)
Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    1) Significantly increasing damage as a DC is challenging, especially if you don't want to sacrifice you debuff skills. I use high crit to proc fire of the gods to then proc bear your sins. While in theory with so much of our personal damage coming from Fire of the Gods (22%) and its very long run time you don't need high crit to get this damage. I just like to ensure that it procs on/near the first hit every time. Outside of that logic for stacking crit, you can use the established crit/power ROI formulas to optimize your build.

2) Honestly for sets I'm not sure how big a difference they are going to make. Post nerf LoL bonus makes up about 2% of my dps. I tested a simple switch of the belt to +4 wisdom only and noticed a 3% decrease in dps. But with that switch I lost about 2% crit chance. So imperial may give better stats or mix set may be ideal (imperial belt, book of the dead). More testing left to do and its being hampered by the broken vendor in PE.

3) My active is a shadow demon and he accounts for almost 40% of my dps (that's like my top two attacks combined). He benefits greatly from my debuffs. Also you can stack over 100% crit severity with comapions and boons if you want to stick with the debuff enchant

4) Dread and Vorpal performance in terms of personal dps are not as lopsided as you would think. With Fire of the Gods and Brand of the Sun being our top two damage spells, Divine Glow not procing weapon damage, and using a non-attack power like Astral Shield when grouped with GFs you will find probably find that Dread helps with solo play but will not make much difference when debuff/buffing in parties.

Regardless you will not be withing 30M of top DPS on paingiver in high dps parties. GWFs and CWs can still rule the show and all your debuffing only gives them more advantage. The higher the party dps the lower your standing will be on the paingiver. To really improve on paingiver chart you have to sacrifice on your buff/debuffing.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Thanks for the insight. Did some research on the Shadow Demon, not really sure if it's WAI, I mean an attack that can be affected by buffs and hit for 250k+, I don't want to invest into him if it would just be patched. On top of that we don't have access to the avenger gear :/ and there isn't really any adorable bite gear available for it. I'll stick with the merc for the double ring slot.

Not going to stop buffing and debuffing, though I don't run astral shield too much I rather run chains to quicky apply 3x HP and Plaguefire AoE and the AP gain while in divine mode helps as well (also probably not WAI). And if there's already another class running PF, I'll probably swap to Dread and that would help chains.

Sounds lame that even after Losty nerf I can't come close to being top paingiver but oh well. They really need to add buffed party damage to our damage number, maybe then more uneducated players can really see just how useful Righteous really are.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
    all non-augment companions are affected by buffs and debuffs. Any companion will hit harder with us. The difference is the shadow demon is single target and has low survivability. He's the companion version of a rogue.

astral shield with GF is amazing. I run Astral Shield, Chains and Divine glow when clearing trash with gf. replacing chains for BtS on bosses.

Personally those uneducated players don't deserve to run with us. I don't need a chart to quantify my value and if they do then they should run with another dps instead :p
  • nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    40 Percent of your damage from the shadow demon isn't a testament to it being op, it does however give a big tell about how poor dc dps is. The highest percent damage I've seen it do on a regular dps toon with gf and dc buffs is 7 percent. That isn't much more boost than an archon.
    nosimo said:

40 Percent of your damage from the shadow demon isn't a testament to it being op, it does however give a big tell about how poor dc dps is. The highest percent damage I've seen it do on a regular dps toon with gf and dc buffs is 7 percent. That isn't much more boost than an archon.

Are you talking about its active bonus or it as a summoned bonded companion? Cause 7% is pretty poor if its summoned and bonded.
  • nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This is with it summoned and it is actually very high for "companion done" damage which is why people say it's broken. I don't think any other companion comes near it as far as damage done. I never figured out it's exact dps because it will very depending on the target due to its low arp. For the sake of argument let's say it does 25k dps (this is higher than reality). Toon and pet do 75k total, that's 33 percent. If toon and pet do 250k total that's 10 percent. The pets damage is basically fixed so as the toon gets stronger the percentage done gets lower. It's good for bonding stones and a nice boost for lower dps toons but it's active bonus is borderline garbage.

~edit: actual dps of a legendary demon with avenger gear, azure 12s, bonding 12s on a test dummy over about 10 minutes was a little under 10k. I suspect most other companions would be around 1k.
    Post edited by nosimo on