test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove ALL boons from PVP and insignias

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
edited April 2016 in PvP Discussion
So sick n tired of seeing a nice and fun PVP game going to waste. Almost everyone i used to play with quit and i dont play more then a handfull of matches per week. All these boons makes the game imo more unbalanced and unfair, removing them all in PVP is a good START for more fun and balanced pvp. What u think? And dont get me started on the broken insignias...

Remove ALL boons from PVP and insignias 78 votes

Heck yeah! Remove all this silly things
61%
kacezetvasiamen1pzg33kreatyvedefiantone99abspmacjaevysmundayrouxtimepalaceclonkyo1xcellfcambo1682loexwelllordsiedjokerswissnanners#9564mamalion1234kikopopianthewizard2012 48 votes
Noway! Boons are awesome and so are insignias!
38%
llobuasturklangeddinrayrdandll32exetaitinhakkaajakrondhorlooomisdemonmongerpauliusxasfernuumrvincent1959midnightitaaleajajugger71pan17meiramidragoness10etelgrinxgrandz02urlord283 30 votes

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't personally PvP - but things like this are one of the many reasons why I don't. It would also be helpful if the matching system worked a little better so that you get matched with a team that has around your item level rather than trying to solo queue for a casual match to get power shards - and end up being against a team of premade with 4k+ item level that basically gives you 0 chance.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • guarrrrrrrdguarrrrrrrd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    PVP disbalanced don't because boons are exist and removing them will change nothing. Linear stats, too much healing, drain glyphs and invisible rings was brought more disbalance, that boons.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Did you seriously think this through? Boons are one of the few things where hardcores or wallet warriors cannot have an edge over casuals or f2pers or Insignias are easily available as well. Everyone and their mother can get a full set insignia bonus.
    If you take them away the playing field will become even more unfair than before. The gap will increase, do we seriously want that?
    Guild boons are bonkers, yeah, but I guess those will have to be nerfed on their own, since they clearly outperform every other boon in existence.

How about we take a look at the insane stuff like the drain marks instead and apply a proper nerf hammer there?
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I have voted for the first option, but i must add i could do fine with a sweet spot.

When i add my two cent to this i kind of play the mouth piece about what i hear from my guildies on daily basis.

Here are the 5 things i think need to change:

1. Bring PVP stats nearer to PVE.

Many PVE players would love to join in from time to time, but the insanely high amount of arm pen stat hinders their approach. Those occasional PVPers, mainly PVE players farming glory do it for some glory only, they can't make a scratch on any PVP player. This stat alone excludes many PVE players.

2. Tenacity on chars or on every PVE gear too.

We have debated this many times, it would help a lot on both side of the fence. PVE players wouldn't have to grind for a second set, that would be worn only occasionally. Now stop, here comes catch 22, grind where? We all know this situation, you need PVP gear so you won't be one shot, but to get it you must PVP and by today's standards this is mission impossible for anyone wanting to join in or come back to PVP after a break.

But i guess PVP players would like it too, i know some, who like to roam the PVE dungeons sometimes and their stats are gimped on the PVP sets.

3. While i like to work for boons in a campaign, 8000 just to 1 stat is overkill and there are many more. What i would advise is to scale those boons down to a value of 1600 each. This is still 4 times the amount we get for 1 boon in PVE. This way the guilds, who are nearly done or done with SH would still have something, but the gap would be much closer.

4. Drains must go, nothing to debate here, they are silly thing and only promote skill-less play. We are all human, we all make mistakes, no problem to admit it, Devs should send them to the virtual bin.

How did JFK say: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

5. Brackets

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Insignia bonuses:
    are very easy to obtain and activate!, (just with Greens insignias for example),
    you can reach most of the Mount Bonuses (nearly ALL) just with "Blue/Rare Mounts"
    the bonus are an small way to optimise your charakter a bit more, which is always GOOD.

Boons:
    are very essential for our characters to optimise and define who we are.
    Our problem with pvp is definitely NOT because of our Boons,
    their impact its not a big deal.

If you really want to balance pvp than the Devs have to "focus on each specific skill" that our characters have!,
    and of course "the matchmaking it self".

If we would have a "Good matchmaking" were you always would meet enemies on same "level value of gear" in Total,
    we would also have lower problems.

PvP is part of.. or for some of us is it the END GAME stuff of NW,
    with removing it would just destroy the reason to keep playing as pvp player.
    no more boon, insignia etc. just no more reason to play other things.
    I would probably just log and do some 2-3 runs pvp and thats it,
    than offline for the day.

on doing that would a bad decision for NW and even worse than ignoring exploits.
    but as we know the devs will do what they want, and such Pool-threads it's basically nothing!

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited April 2016
    kreatyve said:

I don't personally PvP - but things like this are one of the many reasons why I don't. It would also be helpful if the matching system worked a little better so that you get matched with a team that has around your item level rather than trying to solo queue for a casual match to get power shards - and end up being against a team of premade with 4k+ item level that basically gives you 0 chance.

what you describe its not a problem of boons or insignia.
    it's basically just "the Matchmaking itself" and even if the devs decide to removed the boons etc,
    You would meet a 4k team anyway and be stomped, so at the end it would nothing change.

It will just hurts all lower Geared Players cuz they will "Lose the bit of boost that had through the boons",
    we should never forget "A BIS-focused-Player will always stay as BIS, no matter what change happens."
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    funny thing : companion bonuses doesnt work in domination but insignia working like insignia are nothing. LIKE everyone can have cavalry warning every 60 sec that is the best example;p

funny thing : companion bonuses doesnt work in domination but insignia working like insignia are nothing. LIKE everyone can have cavalry warning every 60 sec that is the best example;p

the funny thing is that u compare "apples with pears", they are on two different value of levels,
    The outgoing Compaion-Bonus can massively boost ur character just with a single companion,
    and i'm not talking about the top issues like ionstone or a companion Zhentarim Warlock
    which can easily double or triple your whole stats, such Bonuses was intended to be a high boost
    to help u out for most of PvE part.

the only similarity between mount and companion bonuses are:
    that u can have five of and them that's it lol,
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    morenthar said:

I'm not voting because the poll choices are predictably devoid of any thought towards the work that went into getting those boons.

Some of you so quickly default to black and white options. I have suggested that SH Boon stats be reduced to at least 50% of what they are currently. It would put people who decide not to be in a guild or want to be in a very small one, at a bit less of a disadvantage.

That said, we are right back to a combination of lack of bracketing and the fact that those SH Boons don't count towards IL.

So removing them altogether isn't going to fix PvP and it will simply HAMSTER everyone off who invested so much in their stronghold.

True, many of us have made the boons on several chars and put time/effort/AD into the strongholds boons, but tbh the stronghold is the worst ever happend to PVP imo. 50% will not cut it, i dont think its resonable to have to be in a big guild to compete in a pvp match.

And the boons would still work in PVE, but as it is now in PVP i barly regognize any of the players anymore, cus stupid PVE-grind killed it for the PVP-players.
  • pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    This poll is so dumb. By removing boons and insignias it would help to BiS players kill you faster, becouse it just helped to stay alive for a longer time, yeah it is not bad idea, but for PvP players like me, who was doing all these campaigns (which I really don't like) only for boons it wouldn't be very fair.
    Also I think developers not even looking at these useless polls...
    For PvP it is needed to change other stuff.

...By removing boons and insignias it would help to BiS players kill you faster, becouse it just helped to stay alive for a longer time,...

that's right!, they do not understand that with this change they "will just hurt their selfs,"
    A BIS player will stomp them anyway and now faster because of the losing boons,

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ALL above are nothing in front the major lie-bug. DEFLECTION CC RESIST! Funny thing with this is: NOT only you cut the damage at half that is correct doesnt bother me but also cut the control duration to half ? AND the player put artifact with cc resist + deflection on it ?:P AND has more beneifts than an elven user? incoming damage -50% cc duration to half and a negation to have and some dr very logic cryptic:p

UNTil they say :is bug or not for me is bug since tooltip says only about damage/

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    PVP is fun in this game, but we all know very well why it doesn´t work as it could.
    Too much gear! The average player needs far too long to take part in this part of the game, so it´s a small niche for elite player and some freaks , who think earning AD has to be that way.
    I am pretty sure, if there was a map with equalized gear and without this silly ammount of drains, insignias, echants, enforcements, boons etc., there will be lot´s of palyer in short time who stick with and enjoy this game, since PVE and PVP is a concept wich is very common.
    Implement a 1 vs 1 and a 5 vs 5 arena mode for the heavy guys, and those who dare to step in.
    In this game it doesn´t work at all, so the ppl. leave the moment thy are fed up with 24/7 dungeon grind.
    xgrandz02 said:

...By removing boons and insignias it would help to BiS players kill you faster, becouse it just helped to stay alive for a longer time,...

that's right!, they do not understand that with this change they "will just hurt their selfs,"
    A BIS player will stomp them anyway and now faster because of the losing boons,

Pls stop making false statements, i have 4 BiS chars with full boons ( except the latest moron pve grind) and the last thing i want is to stomp any pugs. If i enter a match and only see low IL on the enemy team i just chill on homenode and dont even attack.

What i am sugesting here is more of a balanced way to do things and play PVP without have to do boring (imo) PVE to be able to compete in the first place.

Start with this, and later add R12 and Transedent for that matter in the ToB that u can buy for glory that has a timer on it and will expire. This way EVERYONE can be BiS in PVP and on equal footing. After this we can start tweeking on class balance.

Cus as it is right now, its SO boring and 2K IL still dies from BiS insignias or no insignias...

What i want is a PLAYERBASE, cus fighting the same 10-15 ppl over and over is kind of boring.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I didn't vote either.

Insignias' impact is not that huge unless a player can really stack tons of them.

SH boons also, to be honest, are not a simple matter. Players worked A LOT to make their SH grow. You can't remove them. You can tone them down. And include boons in the overall "streght" value of a toon. Then divide in rough brackets.
    Also...i really think that SH boons are NOT the strongest boons if you compare the amount of time and effort required to get them, with, for example, elemental evil boons or some other campaign boons (endless consumption anyone?).

The stacked self-heals come from campaign boons mainly. And drowned weapons/ water wheel.

What players might ask for, are equal boons available as an alternative via some "normal" questline. So a guildless player can put an equal amount of efforts and get his own version of the SH boons, through solo play.

Also...want to mention mounts? A ton of stats comes from there too.

Another way to compensate in PvP might be to temporary "buff" weaker toons (HP boost, damage boost or DR boost depending on the class) based on the difference in "strenght" with the stronger toons, and include EVERYTHING (boons, mounts, insignias exc...) into the "strenght level" of a toon. Tenacity too. Cause a 4k toon with no tenacity in PvP is leagues behind a 3k toon with full tenacity gear.

Example: a 2k toon ends up in a match together with 4k toons. That toon receives a temporary buff of 60k HP, 20% DR, and 20% damage. The lower the difference in strenght, the lower the buff.
    pando83 said:

I didn't vote either.

Insignias' impact is not that huge unless a player can really stack tons of them.

SH boons also, to be honest, are not a simple matter. Players worked A LOT to make their SH grow. You can't remove them. You can tone them down. And include boons in the overall "streght" value of a toon. Then divide in rough brackets.
    Also...i really think that SH boons are NOT the strongest boons if you compare the amount of time and effort required to get them, with, for example, elemental evil boons or some other campaign boons (endless consumption anyone?).

The stacked self-heals come from campaign boons mainly. And drowned weapons/ water wheel.

I dont know what planet you come from, but stacking 5 diffrent healing insignias isnt hard to do for anyone, the stats are not that important. But the BONUS has made everyone a healbot and using a DC is needed anymore.

Ofc water weapons are the biggest source of heal and so is the wheel, but by removing the insignias and also adjust the heal on the wheel/weapons would make a DC or healing OP almost mandatory again.

Almost EVERYONE have work their asses off for the stronghold boons and regular boons. BUT id dsnt make them less broken and OP. Keep em in PVE sure, but not in PVP. What good are your OP stronghold boons when its only a handful of players and the rest of the population in NW is BOTS. I want ppl to fight in pvp, not doing PVE to be unkillable..

Just take a look back at Mod 1, 2 and 3. Sure it was broken stuff back then also but never ever as bad as it is now.
    And the population, man o man u could pvp all day long and run into diffrent ppl almost all the time, then they introduced more and more PVE things to do that was a MUST have for PVP and the PVP comunity shrunk...

edited April 2016
    Guys the Answer is simple! for all those who agree to Remove,

Do u have all R12/trans/mythic/legendary, 4k mount, an upgraded/reinforced elemental/adamant Gear o Rose-Pvp rings?

>>>>> if Not,

You'll massive hurt yourself because the difference between
    such player and you will be way Bigger, so at the end you will just
    increased the difference between players, nothing else.

for all who still do not understand the consequences,
    ask yourself: Do u really think you'll be able to survive a fight
    after you freely removed all ur boons,