test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmauth Set Exchange Store

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

Here we go again :(

Can't exchange my neck. It says I can't exchange it until I remove all enchantments. The only thing on it is an Action Point Gain Jewel. I can't remove that so I can't exchange it :( I didn't even try my belt. But I imagine it will be the same thing.

Yeah, this is now in the known issues section of preview patch notes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

what tutorial ,in preview? This feels like a bit of a trick to make us miss this trade.
    Please answer for all of us.

If you have a level 70 character rocking a Lostmauth set, you've completed the tutorial.

There is actually no way to access this vendor without having completed the tutorial. It's not a trick. It's just NWdevspeak for "can access Protector's Enclave". Same rule applies for equipping a mount, for example.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Well played!
  • coban81coban81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    seriously tho I cant find them iv looked everywhere anyone got a picture
  • mojoslackmanmojoslackman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Person next to the one that gives you the multiple character's artifacts the left of the Palace in PE (next to the reward agent) - on PC preview only.
    Post edited by mojoslackman on
  • coban81coban81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    WHERE haha Im having the worst time, dont use fourms ever picture wont upload, i am standing on that dudes face
  • docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do a double RP event prior to this, because there is enough chance that some people will draw their wallets to purchase a Coalescent Ward to upgrade their precious LM set item. And Cryptic isn't one who won't drain the cow of it's last drop before bringing it to the slaughterhouse.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a double RP event prior to this, because there is enough chance that some people will draw their wallets to purchase a Coalescent Ward to upgrade their precious LM set item. And Cryptic isn't one who won't drain the cow of it's last drop before bringing it to the slaughterhouse.

Why would you need a coal ward for a 10% upgrade?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • czfordczford Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is the agent available right now on Xbox One ?
    czford said:

Is the agent available right now on Xbox One ?

No. Only on PC's test server.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    I would like to add my voice to those asking for the +4 greater belts to be added. I refined my Greater Owlbear belt into my Lostmauth. I would like to get it back. I also would like to see a 2x refining. Changing my belt is going to require a new artifact loadout.
  • ruinrandirruinrandir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What about any jewels like : Major Action Point Gain Jewel that I have installed on my items. How will you be reimbursing players for this investment?
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User

What about any jewels like : Major Action Point Gain Jewel that I have installed on my items. How will you be reimbursing players for this investment?

I doubt that very much. I just hope the +4 belts are added. If they do. I'll happily buy another jewel for it.
  • docwizardsejuicedocwizardsejuice Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is is not Generous! Its pure Neverwintr lunacy as usual.... Imrealltired of items and classes getting Nerve to HELL.. Because of either A. People complaining about how they get crushed by so and so op CH... B. Why change this now..???

Sort by honestly this change pretty much screws 4\5 peoples Dps's build ... I honestly don't even really understand the issue of the belt??
    I know one thin, none of those other artifact neck, belt , art combos is going to work for a DPS class??
    why is it that you guys can't ever find a balance in game ??? Never can you just make minor changes for the good of all gamers but drastic ones that only allow the game to be unbalanced even more.. Seriously pissed of consumer.. Yes.
    This is a f2 . But no amount of trade ins or freebies makes the needing / deleting/ change venu . GENEROUS by any means...
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Sets were never supposed to be a big part of your dps -- this was explicitly stated by the devs several times. So this is a fix back to the stated intent of the sets. Yes, it's too bad that they let this situation drag on for a year, but all sets should be mediocre.

And if the Lostmauth set is still best for your character, keep it. Some classes might find that switching to a set (or non-set) pieces will give them better stats, such as CWs who make no use of the STR and DEX on the belt.

Remember, you don't have to make a set to take advantage of the trade-in.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Sets were never supposed to be a big part of your dps -- this was explicitly stated by the devs several times. So this is a fix back to the stated intent of the sets. Yes, it's too bad that they let this situation drag on for a year, but all sets should be mediocre.

And if the Lostmauth set is still best for your character, keep it. Some classes might find that switching to a set (or non-set) pieces will give them better stats, such as CWs who make no use of the STR and DEX on the belt.

Remember, you don't have to make a set to take advantage of the trade-in.

THIS. A thousand times this.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

Is is not Generous! Its pure Neverwintr lunacy as usual.... Imrealltired of items and classes getting Nerve to HELL.. Because of either A. People complaining about how they get crushed by so and so op CH... B. Why change this now..???

Sort by honestly this change pretty much screws 4\5 peoples Dps's build ... I honestly don't even really understand the issue of the belt??

I know one thin, none of those other artifact neck, belt , art combos is going to work for a DPS class??

why is it that you guys can't ever find a balance in game ??? Never can you just make minor changes for the good of all gamers but drastic ones that only allow the game to be unbalanced even more.. Seriously pissed of consumer.. Yes.

This is a f2 . But no amount of trade ins or freebies makes the needing / deleting/ change venu . GENEROUS by any means...

I believe they are coming out with a Xanax Set... You may want to consider it...

• mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Although they let this go on for far too long, this is one of the best handled "nerfs" I've seen in an MMO. The timing is fair since they introduced the Orcus and the trade in is a nice surprise.

My biggest concern is the CW. There's a lot of low damage CWs out there already (CWs seem to take 3k+ ilevel before they get cooking again), the Valindra set is just bad, and every mob that matters seems to be CC/control Immune anyway. I'm not really sure where the "Control" comes in now, since their forte imo was area damage/death to "control". An overhaul to the Valindra set really seemed needed.
    edited April 2016
    If they were to overhaul sets to make the more lackluster ones slightly more appealing (with no intent to make the set bonus more than a perk for choosing to run a set), what I'd like to see on Valindra is a small damage bonus against control-immune/resistant targets, since the irrelevance of control in the current game meta is such a huge factor in why CWs have felt pressured into running Lostmauth in the first place.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016

If they were to overhaul sets to make the more lackluster ones slightly more appealing (with no intent to make the set bonus more than a perk for choosing to run a set), what I'd like to see on Valindra is a small damage bonus against control-immune/resistant targets, since the irrelevance of control in the current game meta is such a huge factor in why CWs have felt pressured into running Lostmauth in the first place.

This interesting idea because the bonus would only work against targets that have some form of CC immunity. It wouldn't have to be anything over the top as far as boost but maybe trade in the + to CC/CR for +x% damage increase against CC targets. Also, have it kick in only when a CC ability is used not when non-CC ability is used. I don't know what it would look like but I agree that the Valindra set bonus is beyond useless in the current meta.

If for whatever reason CC was brought back as something that was relevant to the current content I think many a CW and/or CC using class would actually look at the set bonus as something worthwhile. I'm thinking it would be easier to program a more relevant set bonus then it would be to change the current logic of a DPS required meta, just saying.

Also, have it kick in only when a CC ability is used not when non-CC ability is used.

No, this is self-defeating as far as tweaking a useful bonus goes. A good CW should be switching to single-target powers for a boss, and the best of these don't have a CC component. The idea is to give the CW a little more oomph in a fight where control strength is irrelevant, not to force them to slot CC powers when they shouldn't be, or to have a weirdly specific bonus that still doesn't work if you're using the right powers for the job (and would require extensive testing to find out which powers do and don't work with the set because Cryptic).

The +CC/CR on Val is not useless because it's a % and allows stacking over diminishing returns from +flatvalue. The control resist from Val and a Wisp is really noticeable compared to a character with neither. I wouldn't trade it for my other suggestion, but the set could use just a tiny wee buff to make it (and therefore, the CW) more useful all the time and not only against weak minions.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    That makes sense, only have the bonus kick on when fighting CC resistant mobs. Truth be told I have been unable to the tell the difference in the +CC unless I was running heavy oppressor with Glacial Movement(i know Glacial movement is bugged) at max and Orb of Imposition slotted for my CW. When not in heavy oppressor the time that CC gain seems very small and hardly noticeable to me when using the boosts. I hardly ever notice the +CR, I don't PvP and never notice how mobs use it against me (I try to avoid red as much as possible, even with a OP in the group), maybe my view is skewed on CC/CR. What I do know that if I start stacking either CC/CR, I ultimately sacrifice a disproportionate amount DPS. In a meta were CC is not required that sacrifice make absolutely no sense.

BTW the I do swap to Single target for bosses, just wish Cryptic would make power load outs hot swap-able because its a pain, :smiley:.
    Having decent control resist in PvE means that you can (well, I can) choose to eat a hit I know will daze me but not hurt badly because I'll shake it off instantaneously.

Some of my choices in gear and stats do tend to be informed by having grown up in NW building characters that could perform reasonably in both PvE and PvP, back when PvP was more accessible.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

The thing is that, even after the fix on lostmauth set, it will still be "BiS" for most classes due all other sets are utter use and worthless.

I am thinking the same. It will be a massive game reset when haste bubble and this get whacked.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    cyence said:

clonkyo1 said:

The thing is that, even after the fix on lostmauth set, it will still be "BiS" for most classes due all other sets are utter use and worthless.

I am thinking the same. It will be a massive game reset when haste bubble and this get whacked.
    Haste was not 'whacked', just spread out over time and resets if reapplied. And for the record, haste Clerics help everyone, not just Bubble Paladins...

• doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    if the Orcus set isn't included here then no deal, sorry
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    They need to do a double RP for those people who want to change their lostmauth set but have their horn at 120 and belt/neck at level 50 odd, why they couldn't simply change it over at the same level is beyond me.

I'd consider switching the set over if it's not MUCH better than alternatives as I have more AP than I know what to do with and would prefer something else.