test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Coming to Windows 10

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2016 in News & Announcements
We’re proud to announce a Windows Store version of Neverwinter coming to Windows 10.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9918263-neverwinter-coming-to-windows-10

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This is good news will finally be able to play it on my tablet.(I have used it on the tablet already but prefer using a Store version )

I am just wondering will this be using the same shard as the pc version or will it be a third version split form pc and xbox?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I am already running the game on Windows 10, I don't see what the big whoop de whoop is.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Soooooo.....basically, this will be a PC version PC version?
  • dursk47#3563 dursk47 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can you sync accounts from pc or xbox?
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    arabatur said:

I am already running the game on Windows 10, I don't see what the big whoop de whoop is.

My thoughts exactly. Is there some new win 10 store i dont know about?
  • barbaraburnsbarbaraburns Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    I am using Windows 10 on my laptop right now to get to Arc to play Neverwinter ...

Am I going to have to go to the Win 10 version? Is the game going to sync my account from Arc to Win 10 version if I change?

I did not even know there is a windows store.
    Hope you have a great day!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't really know who this is aimed at. People who will go through the Windows Store but not Arc?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It will be downloadable in Win10 store and you probably can pay through Microsoft and have what you buy bound. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

It will be downloadable in Win10 store and you probably can pay through Microsoft and have what you buy bound. ;)

Right. Like Steam.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm a little confused.

Is this just a launcher for people using the Windows Store in Windows 10, rather than using Arc, or is it a newly optimized version for those of us using Windows 10 as our operating system?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We'll have more details in the near future.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    If we will be able to install Neverwinter without installing Arc, then its the best addition since mod5.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Yes, now I can finally officially play NWO on my Windows 10 PC. It was killing me that I couldn't play on my Windows 10 PC before.
    Best news ever.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I think this is about availability. Another platform like ARC and STEAM.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    WOW looking forward to meet the new graphics of the game :)))))))))))))))))
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

We'll have more details in the near future.

Then why mention it all? People obviously wanted to know as soon as the blog was posted, so why procrastinate? It just opens the forums to more speculation.

Didn't the Overlord promise better communication?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I don't get it... You can play a PC game on the.. PC that you can already play and works just fine?

But now you have to have Gold to play it because you downloaded it through the store?

Ok... urm, clearly something is missing... who knows they might slip in some good news here, but I would be surprised.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    My guess is that this is aimed at non-XB1, non-PC Win 10 devices such as phones and tablets....though I wonder how many could actually run Neverwinter.

Otherwise it really does sound redundant.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Ahhh I get where all our bug fixes and game play improvements have gone! They were busy porting the PC version to the PC!!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    *post redundant due to thread merge*
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i still playing windows 10 64 bit ???
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    looomis said:

If we will be able to install Neverwinter without installing Arc, then its the best addition since mod5.

just fyi - You can play Neverwinter and bypass Arc completely by using the Neverwinter.exe file if you want. I never run Arc; I just run NW from a shortcut on my desktop.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    arabatur said:

If it is going to windows store that means it is probably a "universal App" meaning they are opening the doors for cross platform gameplay .... PC, Xbox one and PS4.

In my experience the universal apps seem to use less resources than the legacy ones providing for better performance in game.

Game update should also be smoother ... hopefully less extended patch times

My guess is that this is aimed at non-XB1, non-PC Win 10 devices such as phones and tablets....though I wonder how many could actually run Neverwinter.

Otherwise it really does sound redundant.

The game runs well on my tablet currently ... I just need to run on lower graphics settings. The new universal apps also opens doors for running native windows store apps on IOS and android (with small modification). So they might be opening up a long term plan for those devices too.

I don't get it... You can play a PC game on the.. PC that you can already play and works just fine?

But now you have to have Gold to play it because you downloaded it through the store?

Ok... urm, clearly something is missing... who knows they might slip in some good news here, but I would be surprised.

I have not seen any windows game requiring Xbox gold subscription so I think they are referring to the xbox version when mentioning gold subscription.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am already running Neverwinter in Windows 10, and I just use the Neverwinter.exe launcher instead of Arc or Steam.

Is this proposing a third shard of Neverwinter? Should I expect to lose all my progress?

An announcement of this nature really should have more details. Confusion benefits nobody, and is likely to be more harmful than helpful for your business.

I am a big fan of Neverwinter and of D&D, but the administration behind this wonderful game really should get their act together.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I am already running Neverwinter in Windows 10, and I just use the Neverwinter.exe launcher instead of Arc or Steam.

Is this proposing a third shard of Neverwinter? Should I expect to lose all my progress?

An announcement of this nature really should have more details. Confusion benefits nobody, and is likely to be more harmful than helpful for your business.

I am a big fan of Neverwinter and of D&D, but the administration behind this wonderful game really should get their act together.

The "Windows Store" is an entirely separate function than normally (or traditionally) installed programs. Think of Windows Store like the Google Play, Apple Store, or Amazon Store for devices, just for your PC instead. With what little info was given, it's then easy to assume this will be an additional way to install Neverwinter on the PC. As for whether this means a new Shard or not, that is still open for wide assumption until we learn more.
  • jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So when will there be a Mac version?
This discussion has been closed.