test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmauth's Vengeance changes

15678911»

Comments

• baggdaudibaggdaudi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It was about time . Gwf is too overpowered and yes this will affect all classes but it will nerf the massive hoard of gwf that fill the game . I'm a hr and I only lose to the best gwf but it's also annoying to see that nobody is exploring other classes every one chooses the same class and same build. So with this nerf hopefully other players will look to different classes/builds
  • peanutesppeanutesp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    congrats, instead of repairing the game bugs you guys prefer to nerf the chars. i have stopped playing this game for some time when gwf was nerfed and i was forced to create an sw to do damage, when you guys realize that gwf should be dps and not tank that class returned to be good again to play, the sw hellbringer (fury path) was nerfed on the way, not good to play anymore, and now lost set nerfed after so much time refining the set. so gwf will be nerfed again on 30% damage, now i will have to chage to an sw soulbinder to do damage. and why should i up my defense on my gwf? with 15k defense the orc do me +200k (900k phisical) damage, so he kill me in one hit only, that part dosn't have any sense. you guys should repair the bugs of the game, they are many, and make the game compatible with nvidia graphic cards, i use a gtx 980ti with an i7 4790k and i only have 12 fps in stronghold. any other game i have played on my pc i have all time 60fps full settings, is only a problem with this game. that's what you guys should working instead of destroying chars and making this game worst, unfortunattly i saw 2 friends mine stopped playing when they saw the future changes on his chars. remember, not everyone could spend 300 dollar on game every months to build a char and upgrade a set to be nerfed.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Do the check on PTR. You dont lose 30% with nerfed LM set.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Did any1 test Imperial or Black Ice sets vs Lostmouth on preview?

I need to know what's best for PvE TR. On Live Lostmouth is 20% dps in ACT (but it counts towards SoD, so it's a bit more), if nerf is really that bad I will consider new Demon Lord set or something else. Need to test things out :)
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If you want to be a dps machine, its good to invest to a pet who can proc bondings fast, it really doesnt matter what set you use if one at all, the scale is tipping towards the pets and bondings if u wanna do dps rather than a set. At least in PVE, dunno about a good set in PVP but thats dead anyways atm.

A fast ranged pet+bondings seems to be the way nowadays, at least many are using fire archons, zhentarims, different sprites and such.
    I use an augment still but im tipping towards pet+bonding setup too, devs have stated its WAI, ofc they will eventually look into the bug of more than 3 companions gift stacks, but still if you use 3 bondings that have the 35% gift you are already getting a fairly good bonus similar to an augment on a fast procing pet+ the pets damage.
    But if you can invest straight to the 50% ones, greaters i think, you are basicaly already fairing better than with an augment. Augment is viable still and gives a good 100% active boost but if you are not already wielding a pet+bond setup and want more dps, invest in to it, and aim for the r10s and over.

• nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@kievitz

Rank 12 Bonding + Shadow Demon.

The Bonding Proccing post companion death is a major issue.

Add to it the Shadow Demon and it's mega-dps.

WAI NOTHING TO SEE HERE

I want actives and augments both to be useful. It's cool having an active running with you. Adds more flavor. But the damage people are putting up is just disgusting.

The shadow demon is not mega dps, shadow strike is about 5% of my Hrs damage when the pets totally buffed up by a party. An archon can add 5% which can be considerably more as the toon gets more powerful. Yes the multi proccing stones need to be fixed, 6 stacks is ridiculous and it would be nice if they made augments competitive again. They had an excellent opportunity to do so with the mount system but instead they chose to further boost bonding pets and out right ignore augments which is completely perplexing to me.
  • docwizardsejuicedocwizardsejuice Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    null
    All "agreements " & arguments are from a personal aspect. This whole tghing is rubish!! Is has been a set , "industry standard"... For how long?????? How the hell can the just Nerf it now to where it doesn't allow Crits procs ... at all even at a 100% crit ... This be and the devs know it butbdont care about us.. They have this idea about balancing the game.. And all the do from patch to patch is , not Balance the game... But turn the balance to another Set of characters and another set of artifacts synergies ,what will all the DPS based characters do now?? Nothing probably.. sit by and take one up the you know what by, who kws what now...

Nice arc!!! As always awful job √
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I just did a test with my SW, I've changed to the black Ice set that is supposed to be the best this class considering the stats, AP gain to use TT and general stats for a DPSer and got this:

Basically, the extra damage from the set did 6,8k of the 5m after doing Arcane reservoir and a few extra mobs. So 6,8/5000= 0,00136 or 0,1% of the damage. Then I made other copy and run the same Arcane reservoir but still using the Losthmauth set:

It got indeed extremly nerfed but still did 88,6/4500 = 0.0197 or 1,97% of my damage. Basically, even after nerf this set is better than the set a SW should use, but not because the Losth set is too overpowered but because the other damage dealing sets are just extremly underpowered.

Devs really, one of the most difficult to get set dealing just 0.1% and hitting rarely just 137 damage is like you don't have a set bonus. Probably the best option is going to choose another set like Valindra or seldarine that have a set bonus with some use or ignore the set bonus completly, but you still can't pick the one that is supposed to be the rigth for your class because the same way that Losthmauth was extremly overpowered there are several that are extremly underpowered.

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    You forgot to take into account the extra damage, critical chance and combat advantage damage the black ice belt gives. Also you did less overall damage in the second test, and are only comparing the percentages of lostmauth's vengance and black ice pulse directly... Don't be fooled, for warlocks at least and I suspect wizards as well, Lostmauth set will be garbage after the change. As it should be.

You forgot to take into account the extra damage, critical chance and combat advantage damage the black ice belt gives. Also you did less overall damage in the second test, and are only comparing the percentages of lostmauth's vengance and black ice pulse directly... Don't be fooled, for warlocks at least and I suspect wizards as well, Lostmauth set will be garbage after the change. As it should be.

The reason I did more damage is because first time it include also a few extra mobs I killed outside arcane reservoir and with losthmauth is arcane reservoir only. If you take into account the extra damage and extra crit you get just 1% and 2% extra from an epic belt, the losthmauth set give just plain extra damage that is constant so its a matter of taste if you prefer the constant damage or a few crits but for a SW both set are going to end up dealing about the same damage. The thing here is that, meanwhile a SW get just that extra damage, other class get a lot more benefit of that extra damage AND!!!! the stats bonus so the same problem remain:

If you have 3 sets that are supposed to do just plain extra damage, those sets should end up dealing about same extra damage!!!!!! Becuase if you have a set that deal 15 times less damage than other then you are buffing the class that benefit for the stats provided. This whole nerf it was about to make the sets somehow equally competitive and they are not, if you are a CW you should go for Valindra for sure because the bonus set means something for the CW, but for SW having 0,1% extra damage is the same than don't having set bonus at all. Even the extra damage of my greater dread enchantment that people usually ignore did 30 times more damage than the bonus set from black ice, so there is really no point on going for artifact sets for this class.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The more I think about it, unless they change the other other bonuses from "a chance to" to "does", switching from the LM set is kinda pointless.

Sounds like LM will still be BiS for the majority of DPS based classes, difference being instead of being "must have", it will now just be the best of a bunch of bad.

Now, if, for example something as simple as changing Imperial/Black Ice from a "a chance to inflict" to "inflicts" x% of whatever on hits would bridge the gap from the nerfed/fixed LM set why not just change them?

As is -

Imperial = You have a chance to deal an additional 25% of weapon damage as Fire damage with your powers.

Black Ice = Your powers have a chance to deal additional unresistable damage equal to 10% of your weapon damage.

Lostmauth - Do an additional hit for Weapon Damage on a Critical hit.

Eliminate the "chance to" and just have them do it like the LM set

I do not know the damage calculation math involved in determining damage.

Twisted Skulls damage at Legendary = 1,291 - 1,578

Going by the tool tip (which is probably not the wisest thing to do)...

Imperial would equal 323-395 of fire damage all the time, some of which may be resistable

Black Ice would equal 129-158 unresistable damage all the time

Lostmauth would equal 1,291-1,578 on critical hits, some of which may be resistable

Not using math, attack speeds, encounter cool downs, etc & so on.... but eyeball test says high crit builds still benefit the most from LM, low crit/slower attack speeds would benefit from the Imperial set, low crit/faster attack speeds could opt for the Black Ice set.

If tooltips are inaccurate (wouldn't be a surprise), and there is hidden math in these numbers (which is why the LM set is slated to be "fixed"), things could get wonky.

Obviously not a perfect fix, and I'm sure people out there with a better handle on how damage is calculated could provide a more in depth "analysis" of this, but wouldn't something as simple as this open things up to having viable choices?
  • rippemrippem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure just how generous this truly is? Let us take a moment to consider the revenue opportunities here.

- For players that have not refined this equipment to the highest level, now it creates a situation to encourage them to do so (revenue).
    - The Orcus set is not offered in the exchange program, new BiS offered at same time as LM nerf (do not mess with a cryptic created, new revenue stream).
    - Eh, most if not all players who raised this equipment to the maximum level also chose to reinforce it, now if they swap due to the latest nerf must reinforce new equipment (revenue).

How odd, seems to me unless you keep the equipment that you currently have there is increased revenue and let us not forget the reason for this change is a nerf.

Oh wait almost forgot this is about game balancing and not revenue?

Wonder how shadowclad figures into all of this? More revenue? Future nerf in the name of game balancing accompanied by the release of something new, more revenue.

Seems to be a pattern here?
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Pretty standard isn't it?

First the Neverwinter administrators make opponents more powerful and resistant to damage - then they take away any advantage a player had to hold their own against those more resistant and powerful opponents.

We've all seen this before it can't be a surprise to anyone but the new players.
    (*No flame, just truth)
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    to people providing combat damage logs.....are these all solo runs with no buffs? i would guess the lostmauth set bonus would be MUCH smaller if you did a proper dungeon run with buffs and debuffs. Probably as low as 1% damage or something crazy like that.
    masteroga said:

to people providing combat damage logs.....are these all solo runs with no buffs? i would guess the lostmauth set bonus would be MUCH smaller if you did a proper dungeon run with buffs and debuffs. Probably as low as 1% damage or something crazy like that.

It doesnt matter the buffs if a set proc more often than the other and at same it proc for 10 times more damage, in terms of extra damage the Losthmauth set still beat for a extremly large margin (15 to 1 more damage from the proc alone) all the others, so that means that any class that get benefit for the LM stats it also benefit of the 15 times more powerfull set. If you are a SW you are getting nerfed agains vs the other DPS class, because basically even when all the class get hitted by the nerf hammer at least the other classes still get a set they can use. In the case of the SWs they should at least add too the options of CON and CHA belt because those can be a lot more beneficial than the useless BI set bonus.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    sorry should have been more blunt. not comparing to any of the old sets, only to orcus. if you're in a quality party a GWFs at wills are doing 150k, IBS clear up to 7 million!. if you get a 2.5k lostmauth tick on each of those attacks...that is almost no damage. orcus 'should' average 10% extra damage, so ur talking about 15k and 700k extra damage on each of those moves.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

SNIP

You're not doing this correctly. You have to look at the average damage and take into the consideration that in the test with the LM set you had more buffs than in the test without it.
    Yet, you did more average damage in the test without the LM set.

The difference is indeed NOT A LOT, but your calculation is misplaced for several reasons.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    baggdaudi said:

It was about time .

Yes.
    baggdaudi said:

Gwf is too overpowered

No.