test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmauth Set Exchange Store

Comments

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Thank you for this possibility. Very userfriendly ;)

Please don't ask why the Orcus set is not included. The set wasnt available when the others were introduced, so nothing to compensate here.

I assume reinforcement kits are lost?

And can you check what happens with enchantments that are still slotted in the exchanged items? Otherwise someone will lose alot, i guarantee it :D
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Nice but now i don't know what to use on my CW, hoping ironzerg post something about it!!!
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Good. But not enough.

Why +4 Belts are not in this store ?

Why Demon Lords Set is not on this store or atleast Belt and Shard of Orcus ? I understand the economic process behind this, but it's not fair for players.

You nerf an OP set who still the best set for a lot of builds, and you think we will trade it for underperf sets ?

No sense if you don't up others sets.
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    Yeah! This was not expected but very much appreciated. This is good deal, it looks like the Dev's listened to some of our concerns about the Lostmauth "fix" from preview feedback and came up with a reasonable solution! @solbergx check out the class forum's (the library). @thefabricant has done some testing already and it looks like Valrindra's Belt will be a good replacement for CW's.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Nice but now i don't know what to use on my CW, hoping ironzerg post something about it!!!

I bet someone has already tested what setup compliments a CW, try rummaging the LM fix thread if class forums dont give an answer.

Use either a set with stats complimenting your toon or mix something up, but i would not worry about the set bonus. The uber dps meta is pets+bondings anyways, there have been people running without sets for ages and they are making good enough damage.

And why not keep the LM set? still does fair damage with a high crit toon, i bet many people change the set and have to adjust other gear for the stat changes.

But anyways, good luck on finding equipment complimenting your toon.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Fine i guess.. it has no practical use for most of us.. its not like Lostmouth isnt the best option over most of these, if nothing else its still practically the same dps wise, trading the set away isnt going to increase your dps on any of these.. most of the set bonuses do nothing of any impact at all.

Orcus might be superior for some classes.. but not all and its not on this list anyways.

So why would you trade it in? Im not trying to bust on the company, its a good effort I guess, but it really means nothing in the end.

Losty still equals either the same or marginal more dps increase for all of these classes then the sets they are providing trade in with.

I guess if you dont mind loosing the 4-5% dps bonus then it wont matter to you.. but its not like any of these sets have any value either. Most of the bonuses do nothing!

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

Good. But not enough.

Why +4 Belts are not in this store ?

Why Demon Lords Set is not on this store or atleast Belt and Shard of Orcus ? I understand the economic process behind this, but it's not fair for players.

You nerf an OP set who still the best set for a lot of builds, and you think we will trade it for underperf sets ?

No sense if you don't up others sets.

+4 belts are not included because they are not part of sets. And Orcus set wasn't even a possibility when people leveled up their Lostmauth set, so why should you be able to exchange to it?

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    looomis said:

And can you check what happens with enchantments that are still slotted in the exchanged items? Otherwise someone will lose alot, i guarantee it :D

Default vendor behavior is to give a warning when enchants are slotted in an item being sold, but since this store is likely going to treat Lostmauth items as currency, definitely good to mention that it needs to have that layer of security.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

+4 belts are not included because they are not part of sets.

It actually would make sense to include the +4 belts as a trade option in addition to sets, simply because there are plenty of circumstances where it makes more sense to not have a set bonus at all. Most of my characters are not using a set because I didn't follow the Lolset-for-everyone meta and simply have an appropriate cloak, belt, and artifacts, with set bonuses treated as insignificant.

Call it an artifact equipment swap rather than a set swap.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

+4 belts are not included because they are not part of sets. And Orcus set wasn't even a possibility when people leveled up their Lostmauth set, so why should you be able to exchange to it?

"Due to this change making the Lostmauth Set not best-in-slot for certain classes, many adventurers will be choosing to equip another set depending on their current build. We know many an adventurer has spent a considerable amount of time and resources on upgrading the Lostmauth Set and understand the frustrations on upgrading another set from scratch."

For few builds, a Set will not be a Best-in-slot option and +4 Belts can be better alternatives due to the stats allocation.

It doesn't change the fact that players have spent time and resources for upgrading the LoL Belt.

Shard of Orcus and and Demo Girdle are available since Mod 9 Launch, like low % rewards, need a lot of grind for obtain them...like was hard to obtain LoL set Horn.

Since mod 9 was launched, few players have spent a considerable amount of time to grind for LoL Horn before the fix was anounced. For them, LoL Horn should be tradable for Orcus shard.

If the fix was anounced when Mod 9 was released, no problem, but it's not the case.

• mrheretic#3023 mrheretic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Awesome that you will allow a switch out on the set. I am a bit unsure what to do myself. I use a SW and when the set is coupled with TT, the damage you are trying to balance doesn't seem to be accessible. I've read the 0 damage issue has been around for about a year now and still has no fix. It is difficult to make a decision on whether or not I would switch as I still don't seem to get a clear idea of the damage it is capable of since all I get are 0's. Will this be fixed with the patch that will make it do what it was supposed to in the first place? Any info would be appreciated.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

"Due to this change making the Lostmauth Set not best-in-slot for certain classes, many adventurers will be choosing to equip another set depending on their current build. We know many an adventurer has spent a considerable amount of time and resources on upgrading the Lostmauth Set and understand the frustrations on upgrading another set from scratch."

For few builds, a Set will not be a Best-in-slot option and +4 Belts can be better alternatives due to the stats allocation.

It doesn't change the fact that players have spent time and resources for upgrading the LoL Belt.

Shard of Orcus and and Demo Girdle are available since Mod 9 Launch, like low % rewards, need a lot of grind for obtain them...like was hard to obtain LoL set Horn.

Since mod 9 was launched, few players have spent a considerable amount of time to grind for LoL Horn before the fix was anounced. For them, LoL Horn should be tradable for Orcus shard.

If the fix was anounced when Mod 9 was released, no problem, but it's not the case.

Well, I spent time and resources upgrading my artifact gear on my CW -- deliberately not going for the Lostmauth set since I knew it would eventually be fixed, and living with the resulting lower dps all these months.

Can I now trade in my cloak for a Black Ice cloak without having to grind the black ice or refine it?

Be happy with what you're getting, don't ask for the moon.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    you guys say your nerfing the paly bubble and "fixing the lostmauth set" because its currently unbalancing....... I hear tell of people on pc getting 100k to 250k power, how is that not unbalancing?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Will you also give people an option for other things that are refined and upgraded but are not working as they should? Since that would be a logical thing to do, right?
    edited April 2016

Well, I spent time and resources upgrading my artifact gear on my CW -- deliberately not going for the Lostmauth set since I knew it would eventually be fixed, and living with the resulting lower dps all these months.

Can I now trade in my cloak for a Black Ice cloak without having to grind the black ice or refine it?

Be happy with what you're getting, don't ask for the moon.

You spent time and resources upgrading your artifact gear, but your artifact gear will not be modified soon, it's not the same thing.

Yeah, it's a fix, not a nerf, but for recent players, before the anounce of the fix, the broken state of LoL set was not officially recognized. Here it's the point.

If tomorrow they announce they will modify your artifact gear, like +2 Con/+2 Str instead of +4 Int, i will ask the same thing.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    darkstarcrash.. you didnt get anything out of .. none of the other sets matter either.. all the losty set has basically done is give you options of a whole bunch of sets that barely do anything..

black ice is =/- about 1-2% total of my cws dps if I use it.

Vall is .02 control bonus.. yawn.

DC tiamat set.. 5% outgoing.. lol worthless.

none of the sets are worth HAMSTER.. losty is again =/or the same as any of these. Its up to you if you flip out a set or not.. but overall it has no real value to do so..

This is why I keep questioning why anyone is really jazzed about this.. like what do you think your gaining by flipping it out?
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    This is great!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

darkstarcrash.. you didnt get anything out of .. none of the other sets matter either.. all the losty set has basically done is give you options of a whole bunch of sets that barely do anything..

black ice is =/- about 1-2% total of my cws dps if I use it.

Vall is .02 control bonus.. yawn.

DC tiamat set.. 5% outgoing.. lol worthless.

none of the sets are worth HAMSTER.. losty is again =/or the same as any of these. Its up to you if you flip out a set or not.. but overall it has no real value to do so..

This is why I keep questioning why anyone is really jazzed about this.. like what do you think your gaining by flipping it out?

The only thing I see is that it's an easier way to get black ice set items like the belt. Technically that could be a good option for SWs that can't get the Orcus set.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Here we go again :(

Can't exchange my neck. It says I can't exchange it until I remove all enchantments. The only thing on it is an Action Point Gain Jewel. I can't remove that so I can't exchange it :( I didn't even try my belt. But I imagine it will be the same thing.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User

ph33rm3 said:

Here we go again :(

Can't exchange my neck. It says I can't exchange it until I remove all enchantments. The only thing on it is an Action Point Gain Jewel. I can't remove that so I can't exchange it :( I didn't even try my belt. But I imagine it will be the same thing.

I tried the belt.. same story. And then I exchanged my mythic horn because I wanted to see if can I trade it for Black Ice Beholder . Except there is no Black Ice Beholder inside, BUT there is Belial's Portal Stone instead. All other listed artifacts are there.. but no Beholder.

No black ice for you!

• lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    After a few years, we're seeing sensitivity and appropriateness in the application of nerfs.

Well done Cryptic :)
  • christop54#6286 christop54 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "Each item in the store can only be bought once per character and are bound to character on pickup. The store will only be available to players who have a character that had already completed the tutorial when this change goes live." quoted from https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9917183
    In the article quoted/linked above, the bold (2nd) sentence is the only mention of a tutorial, so what tutorial? Besides having the Lostmauth Set, what else do we need to do should we choose to exchange a piece of, or the entire (?), set?
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    The tutorial is the part from stranding on the beach to the battle at sleeping dragon bridge where you fight the harbinger at the end.
  • coban81coban81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    so when you say on preview today we should be looking for who exactly?
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    ill join prewiev shard exchance my horn of blasting mystic pack ill buy need pack black ice beholder artifacts you are dont adding pack message i see black ice artifacts opening pack nothing. ???
  • lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    what tutorial ,in preview? This feels like a bit of a trick to make us miss this trade.
    Please answer for all of us.
  • mojoslackmanmojoslackman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same here on the Black Ice Beholder missing from the vendor. Plz fix so we can test out the set difference from LoL. I see the Portal Stone instead. If we pick it does it produce the Beholder? Didn't try it...