test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cmpaings are problemtaic for new players

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
i have problems in them on my 2.1k with aguments and perfect weapon enchants alts S my gf has t3 dread and t2 sharandar but farmed them before mod 6 now it just seems impossible to progress

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    warpet said:

i have problems in them on my 2.1k with aguments and perfect weapon enchants alts S my gf has t3 dread and t2 sharandar but farmed them before mod 6 now it just seems impossible to progress

Your old purple gear is now worse than the random blue gear drops. Spend a few AD to get some blue gear in AH. They are cheap.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

warpet said:

Your old purple gear is now worse than the random blue gear drops. Spend a few AD to get some blue gear in AH. They are cheap.
    they have t1 dungeon seal gear
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Your wording seems a bit.. odd for someone with perfect enchantments. So just to be sure, let me ask you this: Why can't you progress? Can't you kill the mobs or don't you get the rewards?

If it's the first, It sounds harsh, but it sounds like a L2P issue. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. We all had to adapt after the mod6 changes. Classes changed, powers changed and mobs changed. The game simply doesn't play like it did in mod5.

If you haven't already, use your free respec token from mod6. You may be stuck with the old power/feat values. Take a look at your class forums to see how you can take advantage of the new workings before you respec though. Your old build may not be viable anymore.

In case of the 2nd, I'd file a bug report for that.

everything has huge hp and most of mobs just gets me with few hits i could do all campaings on my tac gf before mod 6 but now when he has even a bit better gear its still so slow and hard that i just gave up and my mof renegade cw is bit better but its still quite slow to progress and cant do any of lairs alone
    Post edited by warpet on
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Tactician or Protector GFs will take longer to kill mobs; that's just the nature of the builds. Unless you need your GF for group utility/tanking/off-tanking, I would suggest rebuilding to Conqueror; either paragon will be viable for the campaigns, Iron Vanguard will provide a little more mobility from Threatening Rush while Swordmaster will boost survivability with the Steel Defense feature. But either way, Conqueror will get the job done faster than a Tactician or Protector. Try to get your ArPen up over 40% (should be easy enough, GF can stack that with no trouble) and some Crit to match. Also consider your rotation. Myself I usually use Lunging/Anvil/Bull Charge for solo content, Crushing Surge/Threatening Rush for at-wills and Villain's Menace/Fighter's Recovery for dailies. Shield Talent or Guarded Assault (situational) and Combat Superiority. With that rotation, and only a normal Plague, (and only in AH blue gear, not even seal gear), my GF was demolishing Dread Ring lairs pretty much the minute I got past level 70 - granted I'd finished all campaigns prior to mod 6. I would also go with a striker pet; the Storm Rider is a good one, fairly decent damage, and has the sense to get out of red areas and not pull unwanted aggro.

As for your CW... Renegade should be viable, but I would make sure to get up to 3rd tier in Thaum to boost dps (it can be a toss-up between the two feats at 3rd tier, both are good). Put Icy Terrain on tab, along with Steal Time and two high damage single target powers - I usually go with Disintegrate and Fanning the Flame or Conduit (for the refreshing of Chill stacks). Furious Immolation is an awesome daily that can pull mobs onto your patch of ice, couple that with either Oppressive Force for the AoE damage/debuff or Ice Knife. Chilling Cloud/Scorching Burst for at wills and Critical Conflagration and Swath of Destruction for features. You'll need to dodge a lot of course until you get the timing down enough that mobs are immobile the majority of the time. I'd suggest a good tank pet, but to be honest, I have yet to find one that can actually hold aggro to my satisfaction, although the Man-at-Arms from the Emporium vendor is decent, or perhaps a Yeti if you can afford one.

Good Luck!