test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine - Well Done.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Just finished the campaign today. And of all the various boon campaigns over the years, this one for me was the clear winner.

The dragon run, baphomet, pretty much all of it tbh, I enjoyed immensely, and the final boon selections are great too. If I was still a purist pvp guy I'd have taken the shield, as it is, I took the crit.

Anyway. Despite some of the more hilarious broken stuff this mod Mod Edit: Let's not discuss that here. the campaign deserves a great big slap on the back to all involved, thanks guys.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Seconded. This was by far the best work Cryptic have produced in a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign (not the dailies in-between so much) and will be doing it again on at least two characters as they missed most of the achievements.

More of the same please in the Mods to come and less heroic encounters :D
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    A couple of hours of content of lair quests, mostly from existing maps and pretty much all existing assets, time gated by some of the most tedious dailies so far. If that's the best they've done for a long time it says a lot.

Some of the actual new content was nice for what it was, but this should be on top of a new zone with at least 20-30 new quests, a new dungeon, etc.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    subnocte said:

A couple of hours of content of lair quests, mostly from existing maps and pretty much all existing assets, time gated by some of the most tedious dailies so far. If that's the best they've done for a long time it says a lot.

Some of the actual new content was nice for what it was, but this should be on top of a new zone with at least 20-30 new quests, a new dungeon, etc.

Haters gonna hate...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    When the bar is set so low, the sky is the limit!
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

subnocte said:

Haters gonna hate...
    You can say that, but compare what this issue is to stuff coming out in other MMO's. Hell, compare the stuff we get to the stuff that comes out at STO. Bar is set low indeed.

• throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I do like it even if some of it is recycled. Its organized in such a way its not a second job feel to run it on one or many alts. I think they did a splendid job on it for what it is. Makes me wonder how the leveling process or zones would have worked out with a campaign setting instead of the quest journal.....anyway i liked it and plan to go back and replay to get the achievements i skipped just for the funz
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    It's a good mod overall, for sure better than mod 8. The queue system is probably the best improvement, it should have been like that at release, but better later than never.
    But I have to say that the artificial time gating will have to go sooner or later, you can't just pile up dailies over dailies (no matter how short they are), the longer this goes, the harder it will become for newcomers to catch up and the less alt-friendly the game will become.
    At some point the devs will have to stop being afraid that the players will "beat the game too soon" and just let it go, there's plenty of reason to keep playing even after completing the campaigns, requiring a month of gated time to complete the old campaigns will stop have a meaning eventually and just become a chore, an obstacle that is detrimental to the game.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

It's a good mod overall, for sure better than mod 8. The queue system is probably the best improvement, it should have been like that at release, but better later than never.
    But I have to say that the artificial time gating will have to go sooner or later, you can't just pile up dailies over dailies (no matter how short they are), the longer this goes, the harder it will become for newcomers to catch up and the less alt-friendly the game will become.
    At some point the devs will have to stop being afraid that the players will "beat the game too soon" and just let it go, there's plenty of reason to keep playing even after completing the campaigns, requiring a month of gated time to complete the old campaigns will stop have a meaning eventually and just become a chore, an obstacle that is detrimental to the game.

They can just do the same things they did to pre-mod 8 campaigns: add another quest (demon hunter) for campaign currency or just add more currency rewards to existing quests (Sharandar).
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    zibadawa said:

They can just do the same things they did to pre-mod 8 campaigns: add another quest (demon hunter) for campaign currency or just add more currency rewards to existing quests (Sharandar).
    That doesn't really fix the problem, you're simply adding another daily on top of it, even if the time gate will be reduced (but it will still be there) you will still have do 40000 (hyperbole) dailies to complete campaigns, this is the whole point about making the game more of a game and less of a job. And also making the game much more alt friendly.
    I'm talking about a more drastic approach, similar to what was done for Elemental Evil level up experience (60-70) on Test Server.