test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

1313233343537»

Comments

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ^^^ needs to learn how the formus work. (n/m was moved.)
  • krypticlitekrypticlite Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I don't post much if at all and have only recently been playing NW a lot so I am "new to the game" as many a player are. From my perspective it's not a mountain to climb to gear up my main, no it's more of leaving this solar system and traveling to another to get that done. Anyway here are my thoughts on things I see that are hindering this game from a new player perspective and things that I am sure would help to improve your purse for your game which in turn would hopefully inspire you to improve on a game that is very fun and has a potential to be even more so.

1. First I get that you have an overhead to maintain so it's necessary to keep the cash coming in. The removal of the coal wards from the bar store might have been a great way to improve that situation but look at it from a different angle please for a second. Do any of the developers of this game have teenagers that also PLAY this game? Can you imagine that child sitting and striving to level up a character to 70 and then when they do get there stop and say to you, mom/dad I need 250 dollars to gear my new character? Now maybe your purse can allow for such lush funding of your child(rens) entertainment but not so with most average household incomes. 10.00 Per coal ward is way too much for an average gamer to spend alone or 20 with vip benefits.
    1a. An idea of a route that improves sentiment for the current player base and also works off of your traditional micro-purchases that has a potential of drawing in more new players and increases cash flow thru more frequent transactions. Reduce the cost of coal wards and pres wards to more true to real world economic means. For instance coalwards say 2 dollars per and 1 dollar per 10 pres wards. I know you are thinking that's crazy but here is a VERY good reason why. More frequent purchases of smaller amounts would yield larger returns than a large purchase done a LOT LESS FREQUENTLY. Also by lowering the price of these items it allows for a person to level and gear out MULTIPLE characters and over time generating even more cash.

2. Mounts: I love the 35 to 40 dollars gets you an account wide epic mount don't get me wrong, especially if you have more than 2 or 3 characters, it's a DEAL! But how many younger players of non-working age do you think has that amount available to them from their parents? Not many. Now a solution would be to allow for different options of purchases from account wide to character only, bind on purchase for say 3 to 10 dollars depending on the type and "interest" of the mount.

I am suggesting this not to destroy the current market in game please if any reads this don't think I am. I understand that many current players have worked their tails off to get what they have in the game. Some of you might be sitting on millions of ad and hundreds of thousands of zen I do not doubt. I want to see the in game economy thrive not fall to it's knees. But inflation prices of items will not do any miracles to fix a problem that is inherently broken from a real world perspective of real cash and how it is typically used in a family situation.

I feel as if these things would help to encourage a wider variety of new players to not only dabble but sink in to the end game of NW and also "sweeten the pot" for other things like new character slots, enchanted keys for the rare mounts and companions etc.

Also an idea that I really like that would merit real life purchase and not zen farming would be to offer rewards of purchasing zen other than the standard buy x amount get x amount free. Why not offer things like buy 10 dollars of zen get 30 companion upgrade tokens and 2 genie gifts with purchase. Buy 20 dollars worth of zen and get 1 epic companion or mount single character only etc, and make some things only obtainable thru real life purchases. Buy 50 dollars worth and unlock a campaign on 1 character of your choice, etc. Doing things like that on the real world side is what I would focus on instead of changing the economy in game as it doesn't do as much because you can farm zen.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    84 Invocation coffers later and 0 Coal Wards... don't think this is a viable way of getting C.Wards :( a no alt player 84*5.5 = 462 Days of constant invoking without a C.Ward).
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    I haven't seen any C. Wards in my latest batch, and i'm getting less and less P. Wards too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    well, they hit us again with lockbox nerfs, we lost planar idols, that mean no more diamonds, they should left it alone, once they are all consumed and out of inventory, these are retired boxes. they keep hitting economy again and again.

i am still waiting for news about "all new' update for p-wards and c-wards, i only use coupons for p-wards, it not as often we get them from invokings, it only helped a little bit by restocking the p-wards. but p-wards are useless for those elite enchants that are 1% chance, most folks stop at 10% chances. not everyone is lucky to get at first attempts without losing the wards, some did lost a full stack and not getting an upgrade.

with a coupon, they help lower the cost to 85 zens, which it didnt seem pricey than base 100 zen, but 1,000 zen for c-ward, and still cant afford wasting coupons on c-wards down to 850 zen for a single unit.

it would be ideal price for c-wards is 200 zen for 1, and 500 zens for 3 c-wards. those would be bound to accounts,
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

84 Invocation coffers later and 0 Coal Wards... don't think this is a viable way of getting C.Wards :( a no alt player 84*5.5 = 462 Days of constant invoking without a C.Ward).

Pretty much...Ive yet to see a single c-ward in the last 6 months....so you can say rng, cool...but having 8 toons, seems a little iffy
    Well, i was still hoping for another update on the Trade Bar Store... but looks like they just droped the change, and then moved on to the next item on their Dev list.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

Well, i was still hoping for another update on the Trade Bar Store... but looks like they just droped the change, and then moved on to the next item on their Dev list.

I just honestly dont think they care...its pretty simple...you want to upgrade your gear:

Wait and pray you get a coal from invoking, and as Ive said...10 characters over the last 6 months and not one coal...yep...

or hey pay that $10...which do you think Perfect Worlds Banking on you doing.....

regenerde said:

I just honestly dont think they care...its pretty simple...you want to upgrade your gear:

Wait and pray you get a coal from invoking, and as Ive said...10 characters over the last 6 months and not one coal...yep...

or hey pay that $10...which do you think Perfect Worlds Banking on you doing.....
    I'm up for supporting the game with ViP and/or a pack with account-wide stuff in it every now and then.
    But i'm not going to throw my money out of the window by buying Wards.
    There is too much ups and downs going on these days to pour money into equipment "upgrades"...
    Want to know why?
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    See I just got 3 pes-wards from 16 boxes. The last time I had 11 box's and got 1 . Now I was going to keep this under my hat. But since there are too many people who don't pay attention to what is in front of there eyes. {freaking millennials}. I read "I had 40 boxes saved and did not get any thing." Now pay attention kids this is called "observation." You get your 11 celestial coins and now we get to PICK one of the three Chests. "But which one?" You ask. Well if you look at your tool tip every now and then you will learn something. Like the the fact that there are 2 lists of what items you could/can get. One has 3/4 list, the next has a 9/9 list the 3rd is a 9/5 list. The second half list is where the Pres-ward and C-ward are. So I wonder what box every one who is saying that they don't give anything from is picking? 3 OF MY PRES-WARDS CAME FROM THE FIRST CHEST. And the one I got before was from a the last Chest. Here is a hint. IT HAS A 3/4 LIST PEOPLE. So why don't we all stop the crying about why the dev's have to make money to keep the game running. And just play the freaking game.
    if you had read the previous comments you would have known that we are talking about the box with 3. but having 3 or 4 does not play any role if all boxes have 0.1% for a c.ward...... it's just a indication how the other 99.9 % are distributed. and the last box has better total worth couse of greater marks if both have 0.1% of c.wards....

0.1% c.ward
    9.9% p.ward
    90% else1

vs

0.1% c.ward
    9.9% p.ward
    45% else
    45% else2 (worth more than else1)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    edited April 2016
    @hypnoticbeast
    P. Wards are going to do you no good, if you want to craft/refine something with a 1% chance of success.
    And guess what?
    You will come across a lot of those 1% chances after a while.

And here is another fun fact here, there're no official plans on improving ViP.
    If you don't believe me, look into one of the Devs letter or Q&A, and you will find that information right in there.
    Shouldn't they be right on top of improving something, that is bringing them in money?

In short, C. Wards have to return to the TB Store again, bound to account and for ~100 TBs per 1 C. Ward.
    Also ViP and DLCs should be improved at the same time, so that they are well worth buying again.
    And we're still missing account-wide companion options in the ZEN shop too.

It looks like there're more then enough ways to make money to keep the lights on here.
    Which raises the question, why is the managment ignoring those options?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    edited April 2016
    Opened another batch of 50 boxes (for people playing a single character for under 2h/day = 550 days playtime), got 12 p.wards 0 c.wards some white/green t.stones and some r4/r5 enchants.

Honestly something needs to be done about the coals...I know our opinion doesnt mean a damn thing, just PWE's moneez...but seriously, this is total BS...
    "we’ll monitor the effects of the removal of these items from the Trade Bar Store and plan based on the results we receive."
    By Andy (StrumSlinger) Thu 18 Feb 2016

So, after 50+ days, with 37 pages of disapproval and ZAX constantly going up (i have no info if p.ward sales got up). @strumslinger are you planing something based on the results you received?

• mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    They just want you to buy them. End of story. They dont care about anything else. They know you MUST use them and you WILL buy them.

Dont be surprised if soon they are non-tradeable and Zen only.
    Stormfyre03-1.png
    They can't force anyone to buy anything, and customers/players are not an infinite resource.
    Want to know why?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

"we’ll monitor the effects of the removal of these items from the Trade Bar Store and plan based on the results we receive."
    By Andy (StrumSlinger) Thu 18 Feb 2016

So, after 50+ days, with 37 pages of disapproval and ZAX constantly going up (i have no info if p.ward sales got up). @strumslinger are you planing something based on the results you received?

Right up there with last Sept's "wards won't be leaving the tradebar store" lie.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    another month has passed by, has the monitoring brought any insight and eventual changes?

• inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Please just eliminate wards entirely and put the success rate at 100%, it's the simplest and best solution. Make this game fun and entertaining again.
    edited May 2016
    The update is done, and i doubt that we will see anything new in this department, until they decide to remove something else from the Trade Bar Store.

It was the very same with the Leadership update, the change was made, and then nothing... until they came up with another nerf for Leadership. They didn't even take the time to throw in a few simple improvements/corrections for Leadership with that update.

And it looks like the Trade Bar Store Update is working just fine on their end, C. Wards are probably selling good... otherwise we might have seen something new in here at some point.
    Want to know why?
    edited May 2016
    Dusk gloves, boots are coming but nothing for endgame.

And i would accept a "We are happy about the changes that resulted from the removal" if indeed no other update is planned... and if it is how much more monitoring do we have to wait for?
    Post edited by wildfirede on

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Dusk gloves, boots are coming but nothing for endgame.

And i would accept a "We are happy about the changes that resulted from the removal" if indeed no other update is planned... and if it is how much more monitoring do we have to wait for?

I would rather accept a : " NO , We are not happy about the changes that resulted from the removal of the wards, since our sale rate went down "

However, it is wishful thinking on my part.

I am sure they will monitor for a "few" more months, at least 5 more, like they did with " set monitoring " and " RP " monitoring. Fashion monitoring, dungeons monitoring, Elemental evil campg. without campg. monitoring. You know, the usual.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

2 c.wards from the last 250+ for me.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    And I got 2 c.wards yesterday in a stack of about 20, though my drop rates for them were kind of cruddy in the past several hundred.

Pres wards in around 1/4 boxes looks about right.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2016
    Logging through my characters only once per day for a while now, so it's 12 coffers every 11 days, and i haven't seen a single C. Ward for some time now.
    A few P. Wards are in every round, and i had some luck with a 1% refine chance going through after 10 P. Wards, but that is not something you can rely on to keep on upgrading your equipment in the long run.
    Want to know why?
This discussion has been closed.