test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fingers crossed the upcoming changes fix this game and stop the endless boring grind.

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
I recently returned to Neverwinter after a long hiatus that was caused by the sudden changes to both Level and Gear requirements in Areas I had either finished or was half through the campaign way back when the dragon fights and all appeared. It got old real quick having to go back to areas where I shot the npc's and got only a few xp's and not enough to put a dent in xp requiremnets. So I left. When I came back I started a new toon a Paladin well yeah it's a fun class but thats besides the point. I logged on to my other toons and tried doing some of the areas I used to do hoping they had fixed the requirements well they didn't so here I am grinding killing sea hags and all to get to 70 to be able to do the areas I had fun campaigning in BORING and I'm undergeared even in the old epics to even try the other areas that were a resonable challenge when i went away they are impossible now NO FUN!. Yeah so I have my fingers crossed but not much hope really that the game becomes fun again for my older toons and not a slaughter fest where I dont have a chance at defeating enemies I used to hold my own with. If not eh I'll walk away like I did before but this time I doubt I'd come back. I want fun not a game thats like a second full time job just to level up or grind for gear in quests that just drop garbage and no Astrals that you need to get to buy materials to make decent gear.

Comments

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    paragraphs please.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    If u are 60+ just ignore the old purples, there are useless after lv60. Just open AH look for blue gear to your lv like 61-62 and buy it it should be like 200-300ad a pice. if u dont have ad just salvage or or 2 of your old lv60 purples.

Buy lv7 enchants for all slots, u probably have a few "k's" AD, R7 enchants are cheaper than candy right now.

60-70 its boring and a bit long but we all have been there.
    Tip - get a guild, guild quests are easy ad give decent xp, plus u will probably have some guild members at your lv party with them and do the quests toghter same xp per quest half the time.
    Underdark and Maze campaigns give also good xp and boon at same time.

hope it helps.

p.s. your build is probably outdated check forum for build and use your free respec u may have 1 :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    xtremoz said:

If u are 60+ just ignore the old purples, there are useless after lv60. Just open AH look for blue gear to your lv like 61-62 and buy it it should be like 200-300ad a pice. if u dont have ad just salvage or or 2 of your old lv60 purples.

Buy lv7 enchants for all slots, u probably have a few "k's" AD, R7 enchants are cheaper than candy right now.

Tip - get a guild, guild quests are easy ad give decent xp, plus u will probably have some guild members at your lv party with them and do the quests toghter same xp per quest half the time.

hope it helps.

p.s. your build is probably outdated check forum for build and use your free respec u may have 1 :)

As long as his old purples aren't High Vizier/High Prophet/Fabled Illaybruen/Knight Captain salvaging those would be a pretty big mistake.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

xtremoz said:

hope it helps.

As long as his old purples aren't High Vizier/High Prophet/Fabled Illaybruen/Knight Captain salvaging those would be a pretty big mistake.

yes some old set can be a OP (or bugged) and do good dps/buffs, but u dont need them for final content, and i think those sets will be remove soon or at least the buffs removed.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ssbn655 said:

I recently returned to Neverwinter after a long hiatus that was caused by the sudden changes to both Level and Gear requirements in Areas I had either finished or was half through the campaign way back when the dragon fights and all appeared. It got old real quick having to go back to areas where I shot the npc's and got only a few xp's and not enough to put a dent in xp requiremnets. So I left. When I came back I started a new toon a Paladin well yeah it's a fun class but thats besides the point. I logged on to my other toons and tried doing some of the areas I used to do hoping they had fixed the requirements well they didn't so here I am grinding killing sea hags and all to get to 70 to be able to do the areas I had fun campaigning in BORING and I'm undergeared even in the old epics to even try the other areas that were a resonable challenge when i went away they are impossible now NO FUN!. Yeah so I have my fingers crossed but not much hope really that the game becomes fun again for my older toons and not a slaughter fest where I dont have a chance at defeating enemies I used to hold my own with. If not eh I'll walk away like I did before but this time I doubt I'd come back. I want fun not a game thats like a second full time job just to level up or grind for gear in quests that just drop garbage and no Astrals that you need to get to buy materials to make decent gear.

If you haven't acquired much of the new levelling gear, you may want to stop by the vendors in Sharandar, Dread Ring and ToD vendor in PE (or access then via the campaign window) and buy the gear available there, which scales from 61-70 IIRC and is account-bound. The HP boost alone will save you.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    xtremoz said:

urabask said:

xtremoz said:

hope it helps.

yes some old set can be a OP (or bugged) and do good dps/buffs, but u dont need them for final content, and i think those sets will be remove soon or at least the buffs removed.

I really doubt that. It's more likely they'll just steadily increase difficulty until it's not reasonable to walk around with 60k HP.

Would be especially bad if he had some unbound ones seeing as they're going for 600k-4 million.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Thanks for the tips everyone I'll check them out. I was in a guild way back when but it disbanded. Any thanks again for the tips!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    ssbn655 said:

If you haven't acquired much of the new levelling gear, you may want to stop by the vendors in Sharandar, Dread Ring and ToD vendor in PE (or access then via the campaign window) and buy the gear available there, which scales from 61-70 IIRC and is account-bound. The HP boost alone will save you.

Ok - I know about the EE vendor in PE - where exactly are the DR and Sharandar vendors, for sub lvl 70 toons in PE?

• shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User

ssbn655 said:

Ok - I know about the EE vendor in PE - where exactly are the DR and Sharandar vendors, for sub lvl 70 toons in PE?

you need to buy it on a 70 toon and send it to your other toon as you need to be 70 to access the area currency to buy the items.
    there is an option to buy for other class in the list.
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric