What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.15

124»

Comments

• Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User

How about fixing the Caer-Konig Frozen Treasures Voucher?

OK, this one sounded both annoying and easy to fix, so I just now went in and found it and fixed it. The fix will take a while to work its way through the system (QA, Production, etc.), but it's now fixed internally, and hopefully will work its way to you guys in good time. (Not necessarily the next patch, but maybe the one after that? Can't promise, though, I'm not a producer!)
    Well thank you random Dev for taking the initiative on yourself and just going ahead and fixing something. I know how sticky corps can be about the proper order in which things should be handled and all that. My fiance works as a software engineer for a BIG comunications company and she gets so frustrated sometimes knowing how to fix something sometimes but having to wait for the corporate head honchos to give her the go ahead to actually go in and fix it. Hopefully you don't get in to much hot water and that it won't take long for the bigwigs to filter it thru now. Thanks again from a random player :)
  • Options
    yeskaryeskar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

OK, this one sounded both annoying and easy to fix, so I just now went in and found it and fixed it. The fix will take a while to work its way through the system (QA, Production, etc.), but it's now fixed internally, and hopefully will work its way to you guys in good time. (Not necessarily the next patch, but maybe the one after that? Can't promise, though, I'm not a producer!)
    Yay, thanks for fixing that. :smile:
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    What? You have a QA department?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    adinosii said:

no, its to do with how the bug is found, made open ,verified/replicated, approved, fixed, closed and implemented to a patch for fixing.

QA is basicly this:

1. short description on the bug
    2. what happens
    3. what should happen
    4. how to replicate
    5. severity

The report bounces quite abit between different stages even if it is "verified" by common sense and you "know" it will get fixed in the patch and work in live.

Something on these lines:

http://sloperama.com/advice/faq75.htm
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kievitz said:

adinosii said:

no, its to do with how the bug is made open, found ,verified/replicated, approved and implemented to a patch for fixing and closed.

The report bounces quite abit between these different stages even if it is "verified" by common sense and you "know" it will get fixed in the patch and work in live.

Something on these lines:

http://sloperama.com/advice/faq75.htm
    He was being sarcastic since virtually every patch introduces more bugs than it fixes.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yeah...that was my point. I ran a software company for 25 years...and if my QA department had allowed something of this "quality" to be released they would have had to look for a new job.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Yeah...that was my point. I ran a software company for 25 years...and if my QA department had allowed something of this "quality" to be released they would have had to look for a new job.

I bet in this case the bugs were pushed out by someone other than QA who gets to have a bigger voice at the table. Time to fix and risk of making things worse all factor into what goes in a release / patch or not. In many game companies QA is the worst most disrespected shat on team to work on. I pity those guys for sure, cause they often get scapegoated as well when it all hits the fan. Nothing better though when you have some dev manager or product guy raging about how could this bug get by QA, blah blah blah and you slap down a print out/email of the multiple bug reports on the issue and they are the ones who made the call to defer the issue.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    kievitz said:

^ a bug got fixed internally to the system and it takes possibly 2 weeks for it to go live cos some ******** egomaniac has made a decision it has to be approved first thru QA and production, allthough its gonna be implemented anyways cos its a bug fix??????.

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

G-Effing-J
    It takes two weeks because that's how the real world works. At the designated time you hit "code freeze" and send that build off to be tested. You don't slip in various changes after that because probably it's ok but maybe it invalidates something you already tested. So the changes wait to be picked up in the next cycle.

Rgutscheradev, thanks for taking the initiative to fix this and keep on lurking :)
  • Options
    kathryntheredkathrynthered Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I agree the Pally needed a nerf to Divine Protector. The question is one of severity.

I seem to remember it being around a 57% percent nerf. Again people, if you want something adjusted, please give a balanced explanation, not just scream "nerf" like an idiot.
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

The quest Needless Distractions in Kaer-Konig requires a Heroic Encounter in either Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley. About a week, 10 days ago, HE's in Dwarven Valley stopped fulfilling the requirement. Weird. How about fixing broken quests?

Just to provide more information for the Devs that might be 'lurking' through this thread, not only do the Demon HEs not count for the Heroic Encounter in Dwarven Valley, but the actual Heroic Encounters don't count either. That was effective on this past weekend, April 9 and 10.
This discussion has been closed.