test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC bugs list

lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Temple
Powers :
  • Chain of Blazing Light : Divinity damage tooltip is the same as non divinity damage, divinity damage are ~30% lower
  • Divine Glow : Does not proc weapon enchantments
  • Hastening Light : Artifact power not working at rank 4 (others ranks not tested)
  • Prophecy of Doom : Instant recharge, AP gain and improved empowered duration not working
  • Anointed Action (AC Class Feature) : Does not proc when using AA, DA and Guardian of Faith.

Feats :
  • Bear Your Sins : Doesn't constantly work
  • Piercing Light : Give 10% arp regardless of the rank
  • Repurpose Soul : Not working with every spells

Fixed :
  • Divine Glow : Divinity damage buff doesn't stack (Tooltip doesn't mention stacking effect anymore)
Post edited by lerapiso818 on

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    divine glow does not proc weapon enchantments

Someone told me that the new owlbear companion does not proc on DL and chains (I'm sure about chains, not so sure it was DL they mentioned). Sorry i don't have a a owlbear to test this with.
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Added the divine glow one, waiting for a confirmation on the owlbear, i'm also poor :s
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    (deleted)
    Post edited by jazzfong on
    I'm not going to remove my post.

Every DC players have to know the bugs/tooltip missmatches on the class they are playing.

If it helps to relay the informations to the devs so they can fix these bugs, It's a step in the right direction even if they fix a positive minor bug.

I know these bugs by myself, you haven't shared anything with me, I'm not backstabbing anyone.
    edited April 2016
    (deleted)

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

EDIT: This type of backstabbing is the main reason all the experienced/elite DC no longer writing guides. We share some good news with you after hours of testing and millions AD of respecing, but you immediately reposted in public for moderators and devs to take note. Remove your content in this post pls.

I would think that "experienced/elite" players know to theorycraft on the preview server, instead of spending "millions of AD"..

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited April 2016
    (deleted)

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I don't see how bug reporting is backstabbing.. but regardless- I am glad to be informed about what is not WAI. Sharing knowledge is helpful. Bugs annoy me~ I reported bugs back when people insisted I become a walking DC artifact. I'm glad I can just play my toon the way I want without any gimmicks. I'm glad Gift of Haste procing on enemies is fixed. I stopped debuffing almost entirely when that was going on.

Generally- If I find any significant interaction even if it's somehow beneficial to me I'm going to report it to make sure that it's not a bug. If it's work as intended- I'm going to keep using it.

- You can actually do openworld PVP in preview pretty easily if you had a friend come with you/ remove companions ect.

I'm a pretty experienced player~ I don't like the word 'Elite'. That kind of exclusivity isn't in my nature- it's also why I don't like running with some people who beg for 'permabubble' on my paladin because 'they can't do it any other way'. I perma on my paladin because it makes getting gear for new players easier :)

Thanks for this thread :)​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    chains of blazing light is the only encounter generate ap while you cast it in divinity mode. Seems devs forgot to remove ap gain from divinity chains.
    Well we can't tell if it's WAI or not
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User

Well we can't tell if it's WAI or not

Well given that the divine CoBL tooltip also incorrectly shows non-divine damage, I'll go out on a limb and say that someone messed up while replicating the skill code to populate the divine version.

• narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Searing light also gives AP when cast in divinity. I still can't decide if that speaks for or against it being a bug :wink:
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Dont worry guys, the DC is on list to be re-worked, so we will probably be nerfed again just like in the past. These bugs will be the least of our problems.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    nerfed or broken? lol
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    DC performs well? Must be a mistake. Please fix.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

edited March 2016
    So I stumbled on a shortlist of bugs in the NW-Preview thread on the DC redesign. These bugs were all active on Preview shortly before the changes going live, and at least one of them has persisted until now (DG doesn't proc weapon enchants). Has anyone tested that the rest have actually been fixed (list is below)?
    • Bear Your Sins: The debuff is not working correctly. I get the 10% debuff whenever Bear Your Sins is the only feat/debuff active, but other (additive) debuffs like Darkfire or Condemning Gaze seem to offset/overwrite BYS. The feat icon is still on targets, but I don't get the debuff.

• Divine Glow encounter does not proc weapon enhancements such as Terror and Greater Plague Fire.

• Astral Fury: You deal 2/4/6/8/10% more damage. It's not working! Damage is not increased.

• Sunburst and terrifying impact goes through cc immunity (unstoppable, GF guard, ITC etc.).
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    • Prophecy of Doom: "If target is killed during this time, you gain a large amount of Action Points, and this power instantly recharges."
    I never get the AP, also (but not sure) power doesn't recharge instantly.
    Can someone else confirm this?
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2016

• Prophecy of Doom: "If target is killed during this time, you gain a large amount of Action Points, and this power instantly recharges."
    I have tried so many times, and never got it to work... even trash monsters that I can 1 hit after applying PoD won't seem to give it.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Good news.
    Hastening light rk 4 is announced to be fixed. This changes the scenario a bit...
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214719/maze-engine-preview-patch-notes-nw-60-20160404a-2

"Hastening Light: All 4 ranks of this power now work once again."
    Probably changing the GoH mechanic has allowed to fix HL and the well-known bug.

The divinity DG stack bug is not a bug anymore. The "bug" is now the offical power.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
    edited April 2016
    rapo973 said:

The divinity DG stack bug is not a bug anymore. The "bug" is now the offical power.

Wow.

I concede that a stacking 12.5% damage buff (for a total of 37.5% from one dDG rotation) is perhaps too good.

There is, however, zero chance that the non-stacking version is WAI -- after all, DG is the only power that currently doesn't offer stacking effects in divine mode. Everything else is designed so that you can cast it three times on the same target(s) without redundancy -- even if the effects for the x2 and x3 cast are strongly diminished.

This is pathetic.

... also, Re: Hastening Light -- this skill was also bugged in that it didn't proc its offhand feature (heal 10% AP). I don't assume this is fixed on the current go-round.

And while I'm in the consolidated bugs thread... this is from an older thread in the bugs forum:
    lilhamlet said:

DEVOTED CLERIC - REPURPOSE SOUL. This feat will not proc with Daunting Light, Flamestrike, or Chains of Blazing Light. Last attempted 2015-05-21 09:40 PDT.

I just remembered that as recently as several weeks ago, DL would not proc RS. I assume none of this is fixed, and this is a bug that has persisted from (long) before Mod 6. Suggest adding to the list.

• ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User

This has been working until October 2015. I've reported this bug - with no reaction.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1207107/mod-8-dc-bug-prophecy-of-doom-doesnt-instantly-recharge

But I haven't tested it since.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if:
    Astral shield damage resist buff is working well?
    Blessing of battle minor defensive buff is being applied?
    I ask this, because apparently the mitigation buffs are not working in some instances and bosses...
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Both of those skills properly apply damage resistance, foxxy. If you are talking about mitigation in terms of protection against Orcus, then real problem there is that DR effectively caps at 80%. When that boss is doing 2 million hits, 80% DR is still going to result in a one shot.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    It appears the Hastening Light offhand feature is not working, no AP gain that I can tell, anyone confirm?
    thestia said:

Both of those skills properly apply damage resistance, foxxy. If you are talking about mitigation in terms of protection against Orcus, then real problem there is that DR effectively caps at 80%. When that boss is doing 2 million hits, 80% DR is still going to result in a one shot.

I'm right dc, did orcus last night with a yeti companion (not mine someone elses), i used foresight, divine glow, hallowed ground, and astral shield. Yeti didn't die with single hit. Since I'm not a heal spec and dont have feat like Have Faith, Unbreakable Devotion, Benefit of Foresight, or healing passives I'm comfortable in thinking the damage can be mitigated.

I really believe that the orcus fight is all about damage mitigation. O yeah and I always take Orcus's first hard hit for the team. To take some of the burden off the tank.

• thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    putzboy78 said:

thestia said:

I'm right dc, did orcus last night with a yeti companion (not mine someone elses), i used foresight, divine glow, hallowed ground, and astral shield. Yeti didn't die with single hit. Since I'm not a heal spec and dont have feat like Have Faith, Unbreakable Devotion, Benefit of Foresight, or healing passives I'm comfortable in thinking the damage can be mitigated.

I really believe that the orcus fight is all about damage mitigation. O yeah and I always take Orcus's first hard hit for the team. To take some of the burden off the tank.

The damage certainly can be mitigated. Just not by only Astral shield.

I would certainly not try to imply that the damage in CN is impossible to mitigate, I'm only mentioning why this player may be seeing varying effectiveness of this power. Foxxy asked if these powers were bugged, which they are not. Defenders (companions included) are more likely to survive big hits than strikers or leaders, my DC in empowered AS will still die from annihilation orbs if I touch it with my baby toe, whereas the tank may not.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    thestia said:

putzboy78 said:

thestia said:

The damage certainly can be mitigated. Just not by only Astral shield.

I would certainly not try to imply that the damage in CN is impossible to mitigate, I'm only mentioning why this player may be seeing varying effectiveness of this power. Foxxy asked if these powers were bugged, which they are not. Defenders (companions included) are more likely to survive big hits than strikers or leaders, my DC in empowered AS will still die from annihilation orbs if I touch it with my baby toe, whereas the tank may not.

i am wondering if the last boon from maze engine will solve that issue for tanks that one when your health reduces to 30% you get 60% damage resistance for 3 seconds.
    Maybe the real intention is everyone to get drowcraft armor for the set bonus... cause everyone needs a 4th armor set to maintain.
    edited April 2016
    Tested on live 08/04/2016 :
    - PoD instant recharge and AP gain not working

Tested on preview 08/04/2016 :
    - Astral Fury works
    - Hastening Light artifact power not working (tested only rank4)
    - Bear your sins : Still random. As fizbad said, it seems to have some stacking issues, when I use FF+BtS, i got a 10% debuff, then a 15% debuff when Condemning Gaze kick in. However, I reached 162.5% effectivness with HP set on, so it mean Bear your sins and condemning Gaze can stack. From my observation, it works more often with dot skill, but i've already seen the 10% debuff on non dot skills. Well, it's random.

TODO : Repurpose Soul non working skills list
    edited April 2016
    Condeming gaze stack is based on your encounter cast but not the encounter hit on your target. So using a single target encounter will give all nearby mobs a stack of CG. But i dont think this is important as you are digging out what is not working instead of what we can take advantage of :)

Repurpose soul iirc not working on daunting light and flamestrike only. Other encounters should work as well, im not so sure about lol set bonus since its damage is counted as crit hit, you can test it if you want to.