test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The loss of Lostmauths OP set bonus

rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
How Bonk feels reading the change to Lostmauths set :'(

https://youtu.be/DuKQVIbX_nk

To be serious, I do think this is a good fix. It will effect so much, with such a small change, I hope, think, it will improve the feel of the game for all of us. So yes, it's jokes with a tiny hint of truth xD

<3 Bonk
Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage

Comments

• jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    It doesnt matter if its good for the game. They let this go on for over a year. And now they decide to rip the rug out from under people who have invested in refining things. Its ripoff.

Let me be clear, no one needs this set as is. Never have. The fact that it went on for so long with no word on it from Cryptic is one gigantic... Well, you get my drift.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    jugger71 said:

They let this go on for over a year. And now they decide to rip the rug out from under people who have invested in refining things. Its ripoff.

Yep, standard operating procedure right there.
    They purposefully inject imbalance into the game; in weapons, artifacts and augments, classes.
    Then change their mind after you've spend time/$/RP into it. i.e Scourge Warlock. Now the OPs are totally up in arms.
    It's like every move this game makes is damage control from a previous mistake and it's tiresome.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    You guys always go for the negative aspect of things!!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    same classic bait and switch and with ninja nerfs.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Those, like me, that got it, got it because it was (and still is) the best dps set. When the next "Best dps set" comes out, you, like me, will rush to get it as well.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Next removing mount powers will be good for the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It was clear from the beginning that the set was way stronger then intended. Everyone that used it should have kept that in mind and should have known that the nerf would come sooner or later. We all took the risk and used the set anyway, so now there is no need to complain if it finally gets fixed!
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hard to say if the reason to nerf is to make game more balanced or cryptic again, prepares ground for something new. You see, it hard to offer something better than old LM. It was just too good, big mistake preventing further gear progression.

Now it is possible to start offer new sets within efficiency range of nerfed LM (worst) and old LM (best). Also it is possible to detach obtaining best things from ELOL (top farming place in game) and put new attractive things entirely in lockbox (like Dread).

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    narjima said:

It was clear from the beginning that the set was way stronger then intended. Everyone that used it should have kept that in mind and should have known that the nerf would come sooner or later. We all took the risk and used the set anyway, so now there is no need to complain if it finally gets fixed!

Exactly this. No need to call this a ripoff.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    yup the set was way too OP, all the earlier mod players know this day would come, I support this change :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I don't think they deliberately made it OP just to be able to nerf it later...what was the saying again "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence" or something like that.

Consider the long list of bugs in everything they release I see this just as one more example of their lack of proper planning and testing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    As the owner of 4 lostmauth sets, I can honestly say that I'm very happy with the lostmauth changes. I've posted my thoughts in more detail in the PTS thread about it, but regardless of what it does to the class balance, and what changes still need to be done, this is absolutely a step in the right direction.
  • boltzmann42boltzmann42 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    that video is neat :smiley:
    Monsieur Seekan, Guild leader - Légende Obscure
    mEpSQi4.jpg
  • xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    If you have a high DPS toon now. You still will after the fix. I ran some tests yesterday on my GWF. Did a lot of dungeons and skirmishes with the horn artifact off so i wouldn't get the 3 piece set bonus and my DPS was just fine with no bonus at all.

My GWF has 4100+IL, 30k power. Radiant 12's in all offense slots and azure 12's in the defense and profane 10's/11 on my augment. My gear gives me 16.5k crit for a 65% crit chance which buffs to 80%+ chance. So i crit a lot and have the damage bonus from the power.

And while running with no effect from the lostmauth set my DPS was just fine. Hitting for huge numbers and still on top of the paingiver ( If you care about that ). So from what i saw yesterday if your a high DPS toon while using the set you still will be after the fix. And if you choose another set to use instead you'll still be high DPS.

Whether you welcome this change or not you will be fine after the fix takes effect.
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The funny thing is, that i guess, that the damage charts will barely change at all, as all dps classes seem to be hit by the nerf pretty equally. It will just take longer to do that damage, so dungeons will take a bit longer and be a bit more challenging. And i am fine with that. And i own a 3,7k renegade CW with Lostmauth set.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    point is it looks like another disaster for casuals... remember mod 6 right? But hey at mod 6 we at least have leadership RAD. now casual groups will have hard time dig some RAD from dungeons and no RAD from leadership. cryptic marketing strategy on newbies and casuals ruined......
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    that video was awesome.

edited:
    if they nerfed it, then make them more accessable when looting, many had tried and got craps for over 20 runs, i am sick of getting Breyer Books!

Devs, please remove the Books!, they should be in T-bar merchant. because why? they are no destroy and no sell, and forcing some players to make a throw-away alts that will be deleted just to rid of it. yes, YOU (devs) Heard Me! players are fed up with your reward designs.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    Cut off one OP set, and two another shall take its place.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    i will say, im sure that WAS part of their reasoning.. but not all of it.

I mean we all said a few hours after CN was done a few dozen times.. what the load of HAMSTER is the rewards here.. + new artifact is too iffy vs lostmouth builds.

soooooo.. make new content more relevant by nerfing old.. like I said, im sure its PART of the reasoning.

oh well.

(cn rewards are still HAMSTER by the way.. with most runs netting you nothing more then 1 or 2 salvage blue pieces and some seals.. all of which can be done with 30%-40% less time in elol runs)

you may get lucky and get a few Actual worthwhile r8s to take.. but they are so rare .. meh.

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    You know there are people on both sides of this nerf and Cryptic will make there decision (if not already done so) and we will have to deal with it.

But @rescorlian, I really did enjoy your expression of the nerf. It was very well done and i'm pretty sure that's how most will feel by the loss of there DPS when/if the nerf goes through.

Thank You!
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User

How Bonk feels reading the change to Lostmauths set :'(

https://youtu.be/DuKQVIbX_nk

To be serious, I do think this is a good fix. It will effect so much, with such a small change, I hope, think, it will improve the feel of the game for all of us. So yes, it's jokes with a tiny hint of truth xD

<3 Bonk</p>

Oh, and yes. That video is a riot! Lmao
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    narjima said:

Enough said. I totally agree. I happen to have a maxed LoL set and always expected it to be fixed on any given patch, this is not unexpected and I don't feel ripped off in the least. Just because Cryptic takes forever to do things, and half the time does it wrong when they DO get around to something, doesn't mean this change shouldn't happen.