test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Changes Coming to Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    Meh, Cryptic is going to do what they're going to do...no real point speculating on the changes.

I do want acknowledge two things they did right:
    1. forewarning
    2. bringing the changes to preview so that, whatever they are, at least the changes are not bugged. Nothing better than a nerf that is supposed to be balanced by an addition, and the addition is bugged so that it doesn't work...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

urabask said:

ghoulz66 said:

It's broken. No power should render your party immune to all damage for an entire fight.

I second that. Thanks to the OPs nobody plays with GFs anymore. OP became the synonym for a tank class. GF is just a buff siren nowadays.
    It makes people super-lazy.

However, on the other hand, bosses that deal 5xYourHP are not fun either imho.

Currently OPs are what holds the Epic content together nowadays. I can't imagine how hard it is for low item level players playing anything without an OP.
    Also, can't imagine eToS without OP/DC combo at the current state.
    eToS is easier with a GF+DC O_o

Everything just melts and you never get hit. You only need OPs for lower ilvl parties.
    In the contest of low item level players, as written :} hehehe

Still we can't deny that the GFs are not as prominent as before. Things are doable with a skilled GF, that's not what I'm arguing about tho :dizzy:
    At lower ilvls you just run T1s and even there GF is better.

OPs are only prominent because of the DR bug and now that it's gone you'll gradually see more GFs.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    candilionheart#4292 candilionheart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I find that the dev team is doing the right things at the right times.....can you imagine all they have to read and then to turn and have to re-code or whatever to the game??? Massive amounts of stuff to do......just kick back , go with the flow and let them do their thing!
    I take it the fixes arent done yet, as I still cant log in??
  • Options
    Cancel that i Have now logged in!
  • Options
    drakenmonkdrakenmonk Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Non of the classes should be nerfed.

You can't seriously think this of Paladins, I'm not a fan of nerfing either, but, come on, at some point too much is too much.
    Ok, so you're saying Pallies are too OP because of the bubble?
    Cool, so lets say you have maxed your current character and dont need the bubble cuz... you're OP.
    If you think you're OP and dont need a bubble pally, go do the stronghold dragons or anything that will one hit kill you and your whole party no matter how super tanky you are.

Please think before saying such things.
    You're the one that should do some thinking, first of all because it's not just the bubble (there's also the problem of how they can alternate it with Heroism while keeping both up at the same time in certain situations that makes them pretty much immortal). Healadins are over the top as well with their insane healing (PvE or PvP) leaving DCs in the dust in this department. I play one healadin (that totally trumps my poor DC so much I even stopped playing her entirely, since I wanted her to be a pure healer, not a dps buffbot hybrid.) and also on my GF tank I notice the difference immediately in fights like Orcus when there's a healadin rather than a priest. I'm sure that on avarage (not including the super groups that want to finish everythign as fast as possible and so want Into The Fray for dps boost reasons), other players notice the difference between GFs and Paladins as well.
    And second, I have done all content without paladins, so it's not like they're needed at all costs anyway, but still they reduce the difficulty to nearly zero for everything.
    Paladins need a nerf, simple as that.
    Except my palidan does no where near the damage that GFs do. I have a guildie that goes into eDemo part 3 last and comes out first in dps, mostly because of one single attack. Sure palidans are unkillable in most situations, however that is because they need to be. A lot of the content is built around that. I am for giving GFs a buff, but first you would have to nerf a couple of there damage skills.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    urabask said:

urabask said:

ghoulz66 said:

It's broken. No power should render your party immune to all damage for an entire fight.

I second that. Thanks to the OPs nobody plays with GFs anymore. OP became the synonym for a tank class. GF is just a buff siren nowadays.

Currently OPs are what holds the Epic content together nowadays. I can't imagine how hard it is for low item level players playing anything without an OP.
    eToS is easier with a GF+DC O_o

Everything just melts and you never get hit. You only need OPs for lower ilvl parties.
    In the contest of low item level players, as written :} hehehe

Still we can't deny that the GFs are not as prominent as before. Things are doable with a skilled GF, that's not what I'm arguing about tho :dizzy:
    At lower ilvls you just run T1s and even there GF is better.

OPs are only prominent because of the DR bug and now that it's gone you'll gradually see more GFs.
    I saw GFs only in premade builds. I wish I could say otherwise, but I can't. Thanks for info
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Bubble down to 6 seconds, Heroism down to 10 seconds and Shield of Faith down to 12 seconds. Way to go Cryptic! =D
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Thank you for mixing it up with the level 60 - 70 grind. After one or two toons, it just becomes unbearable.
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    So it's 15 mins until COB in CA, and still nothing? Ah, the suspense :dizzy:
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    fizbad said:

They posted the patch notes on the preview forum. Go look. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1214505/upcoming-powers-balance-changes
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    and yet no fix for:

the 2 new broken enchantments introduced in mod 9

can't deposit IWD vouchers into coffer

bugged powers that still aren't working (some since beta)

Why the F we need another form of RP to stack (yes looking at you shattered weapons)

The rings and overload enchants that have ruined PVP?
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    From what I recall of the R. Overmeyer post - the OP is getting nerfed, and the SW is (maybe) going to be slightly less squishy.
  • Options
    reddog7879reddog7879 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I will have to say that as a returning player, seeing the announcement of a future revamp of the 60-70 leveling is great news indeed. I've gotten some needless frustration on this grind as I've gone into Spinward Rise and doing those vigilance quests out there and there have been times I've wanted to toss something because I'm starting to get sick of grinding those quests (my toon is 68 btw) and doing the skirmishes just doesn't seem to reward as much exp (accordingly) as the vigilance quests. Thankfully, the Maze Engine boost is sitting in my bank waiting use come 69.
  • Options
    gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The changes seem good and well rounded, but the biggest change that I would like to see for my DC is the ability to target party members with a key. Not a complicated string of text that I have to macro in, but just f1, f2, f3, f4 so I can target the party members individually for heals and buffs. This would also be great on my pally and GF. The icons of other players are not clickable during combat because of the interface (at least I haven't figured out how to do it), so I'm reduced to just big buffs for the group, and those that run around usually don't get a heal. This is not problematic with a bubble pally, but now that the bubble is going to be diminished, individual group targeting would be welcome.
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

fizbad said:

They posted the patch notes on the preview forum. Go look. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1214505/upcoming-powers-balance-changes
    And the gist of the post they put up is....instead of redoing all other items they will ..........." it’s only one set bonus being touched, instead of many, so our ability to test the change is greatly improved. We don’t have to spend tons of time rebalancing the game. We don’t have to worry about upending the reward cycle for the entire game."

Sounds about good to me!
  • Options
    scaredstraitscaredstrait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    i guess there new / redo castle never turned out to easy for a good group !! so they gotta nerf some thing to make it harder ! as for bugs in the game the DEVS need to step back and have no new mods / events till all the old bugs are fixed ! it took how long to fix 6-7 boon in the dragon campaign ? or how about my bound to char ( not acct ) 2 slayer of xvim necks , that i get a reply from them they know thers a proplem but cant/ wont help me !! pff i know they can help but choose not to so now i need to spend bank on keys or pay about 400k AD per slayer neck to replace !
  • Options
    teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    you guy's did not have to replace are dragons fangs for Linu's Flavor. and if you guy's wanted to change it up . then you should of removed the Dragon Sigils from the Dragon merchant for the books . or I would of token as well 3x dragon sigils from the Dragon Quest giver . while taken as well new emproved rank 8 or 7 enchantments from the reward chest . then have rank 5 that are totally garbage like the books are . since you never give us anything good out of the reward chest . but garbage items that are no use to are toon . when we finish up are overflow experience thing that we work so hard on everyday. cause I'm trying to show you guys that I'm not a dumb person . but trying to show you things that would be great for the game . cause a new change would be nice then play something that is totally boring why I don't come on and play much anymore because of that
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Scream UNFAIR UNFAIR UNFAIR To all those 4k GWFs WHO SPENT MAJOR Money to get all their stuff maxed out now you Either Nerf GWFs or You Nerf the Set, I say you nerf GWFs indom Battle strike get that done and over with, because the Lostmotuh set works fine for other classes, so its kind of mistake to outright point fingers at lol set and nerf it, because that makes no sense, I ger like a 15k crit from it if I do 100k crit, so it seems to be working as intended small percentage of a large crit

Why are you posting the same thing over and over, the set is broken. That is a fact. There are other things broken as well but the set is def broken. It does not do what the tool tip says it should "Weapon Damage". You get 15k hit from it when you should get 1,500 damage top end depending on what you have for a weapon! The tooltip doesn't say "A small percentage of your crit" does it?
  • Options

ghoulz66 said:

I have recently discovered just how awesome the buffs from a GF are. My GF can not tank, only buff. Call him broken, I'll accept that but with a perma bubble OP we can get through CN in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

I'm a HAMSTER poor GF tank and I can get a party through all T1's, and eToS as the tank without a problem. I can get a party to Orcus in CN as the solo tank but I can't get a party through that fight. Your post caught my eye simply because I think it's time to try a GF the way he was meant to be played and see just how well they can tank :)

Thanks for making me think about it!

• Options
    I only have a few comments at this time, I suspect I'll have more once I get on preview and test.

Thank you for the time and effort to help bring the game back to the way it's meant to be! I won't lie, I love being OP my party being OP, but I also love a challange. I failed a CN the other day and had to drop because my GF wasn't ready for the fight. I knew that going in and went anyways for the challange. Matter of fact the party was told going in that I wasn't going to be able to tank the Orcus fight and we all chose to go! There are still players who enjoy a good battle!

Now as for the upcoming changes:

1. If you want to nuke the pally, please please please do something to generate threat to them!! I can't grab aggro as a pally to save my life! I've put on a lightning enchant and it's a LITTLE better but I can't keep mobs off the party. For me to tank with my pally and keep ppl alive without the bubble I need a tank pet to keep the baddies busy!

Maybe a different path will generate the threat I'm missing and if so, great! My pally is not setup to "Tank" but to do damage and keep everyone invincible. Exactly why we need some adjustments made. Notice I didn't say nerf? I can't say it's the end of the world to nerf the bubble to 6 seconds because I don't know all the mechanics of the pally. For me to continue my pally the way he is CURRENTLY setup I'd like to see the bubble halfed to 10 seconds. That in combination with the outgoing damage reduction is going to make the fights a lot harder than they are.

I'll get on test this afternoon and play around :)

• Options
    edited April 2016
    reg1981 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I have recently discovered just how awesome the buffs from a GF are. My GF can not tank, only buff. Call him broken, I'll accept that but with a perma bubble OP we can get through CN in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

I'm a HAMSTER poor GF tank and I can get a party through all T1's, and eToS as the tank without a problem. I can get a party to Orcus in CN as the solo tank but I can't get a party through that fight. Your post caught my eye simply because I think it's time to try a GF the way he was meant to be played and see just how well they can tank :)

Thanks for making me think about it!

Broken? What? No. I never said that. I actually prefer GFs in the pt due to the speed bonuses and good synergy with AP/DC. That finishes dungeons quicker.
    True Neutral
  • Options

depending on the nature of the nerf, and any or lack of composition, this will squarly remove CWs as a dps option at all..

That's never going to happen. LM set wasn't only increasing cw's dps, but to everyone who can crit. The bigger the crit - the bigger the benefits. Actually, this removes GWF as the main source of dps that does double the CWs damage on single targets.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    mythrohamythroha Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    nerfing GWF powers is what it sounds to me... lol ..

wasted too much money to know all my hard work is now to be depleated just like the TR was sometime back..

im guessing many will quit from here on , especially as its GWFs who will be effected..

ive put 110% into this Class.. to see it be a pointless class yet again
    may aswell tell people to delete their chars
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    AND SO IT BEGINS...

It's happend before , and it will happen again, nefs, skill fixes, new content, that is what keeps me interested in D&D. I will gladly continue to play and have fun, after all that is what it is all about for me. I enjoy change and challenge, this is an amazing game, and a super community full of brilliant people. We can and will overcome and adapt, building custom characters to suit our way of play, with all the new content and additions of gear,SH boons, companions, mount goodies, it makes me happy and excited to see what lies around the bend, I always have great adventures in Neverwinter. I am never bored. Thanks for the hard work, and the constant flow of things to keep my mind busy and my characters challenged. Mozel Tov !!
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So after the Nerf of GWFs Unst.tempHP which is basically nothing that 30% is a joke,
    + TempHP-Overall goes out of combat to zero that Hurts especially our class at most,

and again unstoppable is still NOT fixed, is locked sometimes.

Is just fair to give us our PRONE Back omg, im tired of *takestun*
    eLol set also nerfed now..how much pain should we carry??

The Removing of Prones from GWF was a mistake so bring it back,
    it was a rush handle without really think about the consequences,

No one is using stun-powers because is just a waste of an encounter-slot,
    GWF's don't use it anymore now,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●