test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Changes Coming to Neverwinter

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2016

GWF has been nerfed enough. Buff the other classes and leave us alone. Try doing edemo or tiamat without current GWF or LM CW. lol

What nerfs!? Low base damage, high weapon damage, and stupidly high damage buffs are a recipe for a meltdown. The GWF should have had it's overall base damage increased a LONG time ago. Would have made sentinel an actual choice.

Same issue with the CW and most other their encounters having very low damage forcing the class to lean on spell storm and lostmauth.

• fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

I don't understand why people keeping bring up the date. They specifically mentioned in the post that it's not an April Fools joke.

Because the post is (a) unusual, and (b) very carefully worded to promise two things:

(1) there will be an update pushed on Preview today, and
    (2) there will be a (separate) comprehensive power update... later.

These two things can indeed be "100% legit" as the post claims and still part of what is essentially not an intended real power revamp but an April 1 bruhaha where they change some powers and the LoL set to something humorous for a day.

There is really no other good explanation for the timing of this. But sadly, they don't seem to even be able to get an April's Fools joke right, since I'm sure they didn't intend to push this at a point when the day is almost over :P
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    fizbad said:

urabask said:

I don't understand why people keeping bring up the date. They specifically mentioned in the post that it's not an April Fools joke.

Because the post is (a) unusual, and (b) very carefully worded to promise two things:

These two things can indeed be "100% legit" as the post claims and still part of what is essentially not an intended real power revamp but an April 1 bruhaha where they change some powers and the LoL set to something humorous.
    They would have done it on live server, who seriously cares about a joke on Preview? -.-
  • fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Sorry... what is the "Power Changes" means? Is it means the some key cores of this game will be improve or it is about class's power & stat "Power" going to change?
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Non of the classes should be nerfed, and stop saying gwf's are OP because of the ibs and should be nerfed to the ground... again.
    With all those nerf ppl will stop playing this game so.. why not have all classes be nerfed to the ground?
    If had to choose between an artifact nerf and class nerf then i would say artifact, why? because there are many other ways to make your class a high dps class without the lostmauth set.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    fizbad said:

urabask said:

These two things can indeed be "100% legit" as the post claims and still part of what is essentially not an intended real power revamp but an April 1 bruhaha where they change some powers and the LoL set to something humorous for a day.

There is really no other good explanation for the timing of this. But sadly, they don't seem to even be able to get an April's Fools joke right, since I'm sure they didn't intend to push this at a point when the day is almost over :P
    There's plenty of good explanation for this. They're pushing a preview patch on a Friday and it has drastic changes in it so they want to explain things before they go away for the weekend.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

Non of the classes should be nerfed.

You can't seriously think this of Paladins, I'm not a fan of nerfing either, but, come on, at some point too much is too much.

They would have done it on live server, who seriously cares about a joke on Preview? -.-

Given Cryptic's track record of pushing patches without breaking things, I wouldn't be trying it on live either if I were them :)

• gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Good news. Now everyone's gonna know how HRs feel about lostmauth set. It will work as intended.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    urabask said:

fizbad said:

urabask said:

There's plenty of good explanation for this. They're pushing a preview patch on a Friday and it has drastic changes in it so they want to explain things before they go away for the weekend.
    This. We wanted to give you guys a heads up before these changes hit Preview so it doesn't come as a shock. We also stated that more specific information will be available later today in the Preview forums.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to give a heads up for drastic changes :neutral:

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

edited April 2016
    urabask said:

Yep, that's so much better than getting it right on Monday _and_ being available to explain it for the whole week instead.

urabask said:

fizbad said:

urabask said:

This. We wanted to give you guys a heads up before these changes hit Preview so it doesn't come as a shock. We also stated that more specific information will be available later today in the Preview forums.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to give a heads up for drastic changes :neutral:
    Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but color me skeptical. Worst case, I'll be pleasantly surprised, in which case Cryptic will get props ;)
    Aprils fools generally have a negative set up, not a positive one...
    You're supposed to laugh when the joke comes out, not be pissed off.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Drastic changes. Hmmmm!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

You can't seriously think this of Paladins, I'm not a fan of nerfing either, but, come on, at some point too much is too much.
    Ok, so you're saying Pallies are too OP because of the bubble?
    Cool, so lets say you have maxed your current character and dont need the bubble cuz... you're OP.
    If you think you're OP and dont need a bubble pally, go do the stronghold dragons or anything that will one hit kill you and your whole party no matter how super tanky you are.

Please think before saying such things.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Now cryptic pushing something broken out on a friday so they are not around for the rage has been done before. So that's believable
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Cool, so lets say you have maxed your current character and dont need the bubble cuz... you're OP.
    If you think you're OP and dont need a bubble pally, go do the stronghold dragons or anything that will one hit kill you and your whole party no matter how super tanky you are.

I've been in a fight with Traven Blackdagger where the ENTIRE floor was covered in fire. No one toke damage, period, because of... guess what?

It's broken. No power should render your party immune to all damage for an entire fight.
    edited April 2016

You're the one that should do some thinking, first of all because it's not just the bubble (there's also the problem of how they can alternate it with Heroism while keeping both up at the same time in certain situations that makes them pretty much immortal). Healadins are over the top as well with their insane healing (PvE or PvP) leaving DCs in the dust in this department. I play one healadin (that totally trumps my poor DC so much I even stopped playing her entirely, since I wanted her to be a pure healer, not a dps buffbot hybrid.) and also on my GF tank I notice the difference immediately in fights like Orcus when there's a healadin rather than a priest. I'm sure that on avarage (not including the super groups that want to finish everythign as fast as possible and so want Into The Fray for dps boost reasons), other players notice the difference between GFs and Paladins as well.
    And second, I have done all content without paladins, so it's not like they're needed at all costs anyway, but still they reduce the difficulty to nearly zero for everything.
    Paladins need a nerf, simple as that.
  • nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Dont you remeber what happen 1 year ago? Yeah Mod 6 EE.
    What happen then? 50-80% of people leave
    What will happen if the same kind of mess is done to classes in general?

I have played Dc, OP, CW and GWF so far i can relate to many of the things said here.

DC: Does his job, but ap gain is kinda overpowered even if you dont built for it.

Cw: This class is nice (animation powers looks) but some improvemenst should be done on control . After all is his freaking name CONTROL wizard.

OP: I have a bulwark the less popular tree path as far as i know and i dont need bubble to do most of the content the only exeption is orcus somehow bubble does the trick. (while this shouldnt be the case cuz i should have enough dmg resis to take him yet he still gets me in 3 hits
    . I have 40% dmg resis default, rank 4 aura of truth, aura of protection and circle of power that without using shift/block)

GWF: does his job as well, doing high damage and being squishy, now i know that having high gear you can solo pretty much all dungeons (Lazalia im looking at you) but that doesnt mean all have the gear to do that. Also they nerf our temp hitpoints so im not sure some of the solo runs can be done without a companion tanking now. The difference on dps makes sense really, a berserkers-like class charm is to do high damage take that and whats left? yeah nothing, no more gwfs needed anymore.

The problem is the balance, nobody wants the 5 cw parties back, or whatever class gets to be op after their "changes". I would prefer classes get boosted instead of nerfed

Example:

Dc: improve some of their healing on other paths and self buffs and reduce their ap gain. Too many ways to get ap that dailies doesnt feel like dailies anymore, they are encounters at the moment.

Cw: Improve their control and their damage, reduce some of their buffs.

Op: Now this is tricky, bubble should be the one changed but making it give dmg resis wouldn make it different from a gf powers. I suggest it only affects the tank. Other idea is to only give chances to evade attacks, when you dont dodge well it wont have and effect so it it'll be ugly. Improve their defenses and reduce their temp hp a bit.

GWF: Reduce their defenses more but improve them on iron vanguard and sentinel paths. I dont want them to reduce their damage cuz normally they go overboard with the nerfs, but i guess a -10% would be ok but more than that is just a hammer nerf to the point of the class.

Other issue is the bugs and crazy numbers people have thanks to bondings multiprocs or companions doing more damage than their "hero".

Ofc this has issues with pvp, but powers should work different there. Even artifacts and some feats already do, why cant encounters, class features and dailies be like that as well?

My humble opinion instead of a nerf make the classes shine for what they are.

• aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    Never used the LM set... never wanted it.... my CW's DPS is just fine, and my control even better using the VT set. If they do nerf LM, it isnt the end of the world. Everyone knew this was coming... and its the main reason I never bothered with that set.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

It's broken. No power should render your party immune to all damage for an entire fight.

I second that. Thanks to the OPs nobody plays with GFs anymore. OP became the synonym for a tank class. GF is just a buff siren nowadays.
    It makes people super-lazy.

However, on the other hand, bosses that deal 5xYourHP are not fun either imho.

Currently OPs are what holds the Epic content together nowadays. I can't imagine how hard it is for low item level players playing anything without an OP.
    Also, can't imagine eToS without OP/DC combo at the current state.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    depending on the nature of the nerf, and any or lack of composition, this will squarly remove CWs as a dps option at all.. leaving them only one roll and that is as debuff/buffer mof rene.. many of us have no desire to do that.. I already do that roll with my dc.

Sadly i played my cw alot and conisdered it one of my main 3 classes give or take, I will have to invest heavily next double rp into one of the actual viable classes, reroll cw as a debuff and sit it for farming purposes.

with the tests we ran.. HR trapper does really well in terms of a DPS class with no reliance on the set. might be time to get your PEW PEW on guys.

RP is the harsh mistress here.. as the 10 million or so I inevested in the last couple months in my CW will be totally lost .

RIP CW class.. 4/1/2017.. it may remain, but as a poor shell of what we all played with the last 3 years give or take.

and no.. i have no desire really to rip it apart, buy a whole bunch of raidant and use power set ups either.. sad that you have to rely on a lockbox item to dps.

=P

• shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    nerfing lostmouth set is just plain stupid all it boils down to is a people expecting to do the most damage with little to no effort and forgetting that each class has different areas it excels in. the other mistake in doing this is that it make ELOL worthless as the drops there a virtually valueless EXCEPT the horn so it cuts off another place to make diamonds in game
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

ghoulz66 said:

I second that. Thanks to the OPs nobody plays with GFs anymore. OP became the synonym for a tank class. GF is just a buff siren nowadays.

Currently OPs are what holds the Epic content together nowadays. I can't imagine how hard it is for low item level players playing anything without an OP.
    eToS is easier with a GF+DC O_o

Everything just melts and you never get hit. You only need OPs for lower ilvl parties.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    What cryptic really means...

Hey guys we are going to introduce some changes that we think are fixes and improvements, but just may be entirely game breaking. Oh and we are going to do it at the end of the day Friday. So, um, yeah, good luck with that. See ya Monday.... *minion mic drop*
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
    Lostmauth' set needs a nerf. I bet that it will still be used as ever and since people already have 3/3 they will stick with it no matter what as long as it provides the best DPS options out of all sets. That's how it's going to be.

On the other hand the fact is that no item should be preferred for use by everyone because of how good they are. Such items nowadays are

- Lostmauth' Set bonus [3/3] used for it's unreasonable damage which is applied on [every] critical strike.
    - Sigil of the Devoted [Cleric] used for it's ability to refresh a Daily power.

For instance, Sigil of the Controller adds a somewhat completely baffling stat [ + 600 Control Resist ]. It should add the control bonus to the user. Or make it into a bonus for Combat Advantage. Switch the Control resist (and give it to the agile TRs to escape more swiftly) and give Combat Advantage bonuses to the Strategist masterminds called Control Wizards.
    TA-DA.
    True Neutral
    urabask said:

ghoulz66 said:

eToS is easier with a GF+DC O_o

Everything just melts and you never get hit. You only need OPs for lower ilvl parties.
    In the contest of low item level players, as written :} hehehe

Still we can't deny that the GFs are not as prominent as before. Things are doable with a skilled GF, that's not what I'm arguing about tho :dizzy:
    True Neutral