test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS DC PvP?

zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
Are DPS DCs viable at high iL?

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    righteous dcs are not that popular for pvp (there are some). DC is highly vulnerable to control which means you would need elven battle armor enchant (and therefore you don't get to have the extra defense from negation enchant). Holding bases is difficult but killing isn't so bad. Your KDR would be around 1 for 1. The faithful DC is meta for pvp as far as DCs go.
  • zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    This guy does very good in premades as DPS DC

http://youtu.be/IjuzFDbrbxQ
    Can't take much stock in a gutbuster premade that includes an OP and a healer dc for protection rolling on people I've never heard of since the new mod came out a week ago I've had runs of 13-0, 15-2, and 18-4 and I only pug. I've also had 0-6
    I see what your saying
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I have seen that video before!!!
    I think on pvp level 70 it all goes down to armor penetration above 10k!!!
    I did chatted with emegale, who's the owner of the video, and he is no longer a righteous, i think he move to AC virtuous!!
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I mainly pug and sometime go with my guild (not pvp players, we do that for the shards) so i am not an expert.

unlike other classes DC can chose any path and still be ok in PVP. but righteousis probably the hardest one
    DC dosnt have enough burst damage to cope with GF or GWF and lack the control resisit or power to stand CW, HR and TR

DC powers and feats are allmost all party buff or party heals, so even DPS DC is best when playing with party (in my opnion)

avoid beeing alone, try the new rings (vision, ambush), get some speed speed (gladiator quill, air weapoin set) and stamina (boons + elven), get ArP, crit, PVP armor and rely on your DoT and buffs.
    even if you won't be a "killer" or a healer you will be the main target of any PVP (i guess even astral seal HAMSTER ppl off)
    plavia said:

unlike other classes DC can chose any path and still be ok in PVP. but righteousis probably the hardest one
    DC dosnt have enough burst damage to cope with GF or GWF

That's another good point. Right DC's rely mostly on DOT's so watching someone's health tick down to 0 and them die is fun in its own way but your face may be in the dirt while it happens.

edited March 2016
    I just had this match with a BIS dps cleric in dom ,he killed me with 3 FF and my HP drained so fast, i was above him in a bridge.
    He did have 6k armor penetration, dont remember power and I forgot to write its nickname!!!

but if he could do it so can we!!!
    Yes
    I don't think there's any question if a right dc can kill, it's whether they have the control and survive-ability to be dominate in pvp. There is a reason there are only 3 dcs in the top 8 pages of the leaderboard if you sort by kills. They can get there but they are niche (typically by BiS players in BiS guilds using BiS premades). So yes you can PVP with a right DC but it doesn't hold up to the TR, GF, & CW meta's for PVP.

If you look at your match history you can probably find the name of who it was. Currently Amber Elmshadow from EoA is tops for DC kills but I think Amber Gristle O'maul is prettier ;)
    I saw amber stats, kind of expensive tho
    I'm afraid that dcs don't do enough burst
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User

I don't know. A fully empowered crit DL can hit like a ton of bricks... if you manage to land it, that is.
    I guess I'll give it a try on xbox
    fizbad said:

I don't know. A fully empowered crit DL can hit like a ton of bricks... if you manage to land it, that is.
    That's a big if, especially considering the casting time. You never see DCs using DL in pvp.
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

fizbad said:

That's a big if, especially considering the casting time. You never see DCs using DL in pvp.
    I know - it should be impossible unless the other person is AFK or rooted. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek comment.

• exrenbonexrenbon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm a DPS DC that pvp's quite frequently, I have the 4th highest kills for a DC and I only pug. My build is specialized for PvE, but it works decently in PvP. Out of the three above me, only Amber and Dan are DPS. Morbid is a lot more tanky.

Everyone uses Divine BTS as their main damaging encounter. DPS DCs honestly aren't that great unless you have strong gear and you still get destroyed by people with enough CC to stun you through your Astral Shield. My strategy is to burst people with 3x BTS and Flame Strike with a Ring of Brutality + Avatar.
    With fire of the gods+brand of the sun dots to trigger lifesteal it should be an survivability boost.