test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bloodtheft enchant making a comeback?

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed some high item-level people swapping out their negations, ignoring the new shadowclad (which I think kind of sucks for PVE) and are wearing trans bloodtheft.
So erm...what don't I know? Did the amount of life steal go up for the necrotic damage? I saw one on the AH for 2m and almost bought it. But that 30 second IDC doe...
Why is it relevant for PVE?

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Maybe because of the insignia bonus power Vampire's Craving:
    Whenever you perform a Life Steal you are healed for 3% of your maximum Hit Points over 4 seconds.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

I've noticed some high item-level people swapping out their negations, ignoring the new shadowclad (which I think kind of sucks for PVE) and are wearing trans bloodtheft.
    So erm...what don't I know? Did the amount of life steal go up for the necrotic damage? I saw one on the AH for 2m and almost bought it. But that 30 second IDC doe...
    Why is it relevant for PVE?

i guess you saw that guy too... he is spamming from 8 hours or so...he probably just likes the look of it.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Blood and lifedrinker are great for a specific line of SW setups.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I like the look - the animation is maxed at Perfect. I had Negation before it was in vogue too - again because it just looked cool on a DC. I do hope it's making a return. It's been valued pathetically below cost for the LONGEST time.
  • leaudricleaudric Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Ssssssh.....
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    A friend of mine uses it because it goes with his outfit.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    ppl can afford using it as powercreep is over the roof ;)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Normal Bloodtheft is the best looking - Greater is ok... but Perfect just makes you look like Pigpen after a trip to Georgia.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

Pigpen:

Georgia Red Clay:

• sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    kvet said:

Normal Bloodtheft is the best looking - Greater is ok... but Perfect just makes you look like Pigpen after a trip to Georgia.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

Pigpen:

Georgia Red Clay:

hahahahaha I snorted out coffee
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    It looks the same as it did mods ago. It doesn't explain why I see so many high IL people switching to it all of a sudden.

I did some googling and found some threads/vids about the 'Bloodtheft Enchantment Bug'. That's more likely the culprit then nifty looks.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Huh - a bug. Well, that would make sense. I'll see if I can dig up what that is so I can get a report in.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Does vampire's craving stack with itself?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".