test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes NW.60.20160307a.10

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights
Wonders of Gond has been updated! Starting after maintenance on Thursday, March 24, players will be able to see the following changes to the event.
  • Wondrous Cogs (Rank 2) and Wondrous Sprockets (Rank 3) now only require a Wondrous Grommet (Rank 1) to upgrade, rather than others of the same rank. This is intended to make the path to the Wondrous Gadget (Rank 4) more straightforward.
  • A new version of the Apparatus of Gond is now available from the Creations of Wonder pack. The Embellished Apparatus of Gond has a sleek, silvery, polished look, has a Crescent, Enlightened, and Universal slot, Speed of the Wind (110% like other Epic quality mounts) for movement, and its Equip Power causes your Daily Powers to refill 15% of your Action Points over 10 seconds.
    • The Creations of Wonder pack now drops a Wondrous Apparatus of Gond instead of the original Apparatus of Gond. This Wondrous item, when consumed, allows the player to choose either the original Apparatus of Gond or the new Embellished Apparatus of Gond.
  • The Creations of Wonder pack now drops an Insignia of Gond when an Apparatus does not drop. This Insignia can be of any type (Barbed, Crescent, Enlightened, Illuminated, Regal), can be Uncommon or Rare quality, and gives 100 Max HP and 50 Recovery at Uncommon rank, and 200 Max HP and 100 Recovery at Rare rank.

Content and Environment
Castle Never
  • Players now spawn forward to unlocked respawn points when joining the instance.
  • Players no longer have a chance to get locked out of Orcus' arena at the start of the boss encounter.
Cragmire Crypts
  • Killing Kallos Tam too quickly no longer has a chance to prevent the party from progressing.
  • The rival adventuring party no longer respawns after being defeated.
General
  • A certain NPC now properly refers to Lans by the correct last name.
  • Factional Assets: This quest can now properly be completed by talking to Feldon Strongbeard.
  • The Blacklake Terror skirmish is once again available for players in its level range.
  • The Epic Demogorgon queue is now properly available at any time once unlocked.
  • The Mount tutorial is now easier to notice; it now shows in the Level-Up Wizard for players who completed the old tutorial, and now properly leaves the Wizard if the player had never completed the old tutorial, but completed the new one.

Items and Economy
Mounts
  • Demon Sled: The Demon Sled and Frozen Demon Sled once again look properly demonic.
  • Demon Sled: The visual effects on the Demon Sled are once again fiery. (And blue fiery in the case of the Frozen Demon Sled.)
  • Tenser's Floating Disk: This mount once again properly binds on use, rather than on pickup.
    • Existing mounts are still bound, but we will be addressing that for any character with Tenser's Floating Disk still in their inventory over the course of next week.
  • Gilded Giant Spider: The version purchased on the Zen Market now properly moves to the Stable, like the one purchased on the Wondrous Bazaar.
    • Gilded Giant Spiders that vanished from the inventory will be moved into the main inventory again over the course of next week, so players can properly bind them to their Stable.
  • Gilded Giant Spider: Players may no longer purchase a Gilded Giant Spider from the Zen Market if their current character has one from the Wondrous Bazaar, and vice-versa. This is intended to prevent accidental redundant purchases.
General
  • Certain retired Lockboxes no longer have a chance to drop Jeweled Idols or Astral Resonators.
  • Items in the Trickster Rogue Class Pack have updated icons.

User Interface
HUD
  • The context menu on players no longer shows an "Invite to Alliance" option.
Queues
  • The Accept / Decline popup no longer has a chance not to appear, resulting in the player's queue prompt timing out without the player even knowing it was there.

Localization
  • Insignias now properly display their equip bonuses in all languages.

Stability and Performance
  • Players no longer have a significant chance to crash while engaging in PvP.
  • Queues no longer have a rare chance to wait forever for a map that doesn't finish launching.
  • The occurrence rate of map-wide disconnects is now less frequent than before.</ul.

Comments

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    You introduced some graphics errors with the last mod that really lower the quality of the game. Some animations are missing, while aiming markers are shown for everyone, blocking the view in group content. Also it seems that people with older systems are unable to play the game at all or only in safe mode and low details.
    The resolution in fullscreen is messed up, sometimes the "clickable" area is smaller than the resolution of the screen.
    There was no major graphics update or anything like that visible in this mod, where are all these errors coming from? All of that was fine in the last mod.
    Please don't just forget about these things. Quality and enjoyment of the game doesn't just come from higher stats and new events.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @terramak - Have you guys got the Tenser's space bar animation in your list? Currently when you hit space when standing still, the Tenser's does nothing.

And AWESOME job on fixing Epic Demo enter time. This was very annoying, especially over the 2xRP weekend, I think most of my guildies managed to get their twisted sets in time. :smile:
  • Options
    mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    So i have to wait another week for my Tenser? That's ridicolous, 3 weeks for what should be an easy fix. Oh and you started with fixing the ones that are still to drop...
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Some major bugs fixed (good), others not addressed yey.

1) The chests in the dungeons (not only in CN) don't always work: the items in the chests are not transfered into the inventory.
    I lost 2 insigna due of that.
    Example: in CN there's a room with a cleric pack and two chests, one on the right and one on the left. I opened them all, 1 out of 3 didn't work. In a second run 2 out of 3 didn't work.
    Other chests in Malabog's castel didn't work. Other players already reported this problem (see the forum).

2) Another important issue: T2 Bosses don't drop epic equipments and protector's sigils anymore. Not even insigna. Is this WAI? We're having problem to increase the extra equipment in the SH coffer due of that. Generally speaking, the value of running a T2 dungeon (eCC, eGWD, eTos) is close to zero.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    akkisenpaiakkisenpai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    In my region server is off 13:00-17:00. now is 18:00 and still servers is off... hmm ?
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    What is the creations of wonder pack...it's not in the zen market​​
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

What is the creations of wonder pack...it's not in the zen market​​

It's the thing you can trade a doohickey in for.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Now here's an interesting bug...I'm running my cleric through the Dwarven King storyline. It turns out that, in the Driftwood Tavern, you can interact to talk to Madame Rosene no matter how far away you are -- as long as you can target her, you can talk.

@terramak , do you know if the Foundry bug that splits parties up across instances on a map change is or will be fixed? I have a "play with Strum" on Monday and I'd like to run my Foundry, assuming that it's been republished by then.

Oh, yeah -- I did today's Maze Engine daily where we defend Heartleaf's garden. When Xuna appears, she says that she "could care less about a tree". The proper saying is, "couldn't care less".

Two medics are better than one ;)

screenshot 2016 03 24 23 49 09 screenshot 2016 03 25 00 04 09
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    In dialogue, I treat grammatical errors as "correct" provided they're in-character.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @terramak please increase drop rarte rings +5 pr made them Bind on equip;/ From module 8 i do 4-20 edemo runs every day, and still not even single one.I am sick seeing demogorgon;/
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User

You introduced some graphics errors with the last mod that really lower the quality of the game. Some animations are missing, while aiming markers are shown for everyone, blocking the view in group content. Also it seems that people with older systems are unable to play the game at all or only in safe mode and low details.
    The resolution in fullscreen is messed up, sometimes the "clickable" area is smaller than the resolution of the screen.
    There was no major graphics update or anything like that visible in this mod, where are all these errors coming from? All of that was fine in the last mod.
    Please don't just forget about these things. Quality and enjoyment of the game doesn't just come from higher stats and new events.

Nailed it. Please help us Devs? :(

- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    deuceriderdeucerider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    These notes are wrong, and it is very disappointing to see claims that something is fixed when the problem is still present for hundreds of users.

HELLO!!, the biggest issue is the map accept dialog for public solo queuers (the box where you click to transfer to the queue content when a match is ready) isn't displayed and leads to frustration, leaver penalties and other game breaking behavior. Affected users cannot engage in any queue content as a single player.

Opening a ticket doesn't help, those are closed with a big old "I'm so sorry, but we know about this" message.

This game breaking problem has not been fixed - for hundreds of users. It should be the top priority.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @terramak - The queue issue seems to be related to the computer as well, not the account. We've had people who had the queue issue (when queueing publicly it doesn't pop the modal, private is fine). When logging that account on another computer it works fine. Tried in reverse, using an account that on a computer works fine, go to the effected person's computer log that account, queue issue appears.

Anyone in a queue group with at least one person with this issue on their computer cause the whole queue group to not transfer in, if the queue is public. So far, I've seen 2 people resolve it, one of them formatted the hard disk NW was on - this is NOT a solution.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User

I have been working OT all week and last week clocked in 65 hours this week, so I just got around to doing the patch on my system. The game is something of a clusterf*k to say the very least. I made sure I did a full reload. There is tons of graphics issues. I am barely able to get to a login screen and then my mouse refuses to click the enter world button. I have to press return/enter on the keyboard. I admit my PC is low end but if some one wants to buy me a new system, just to play this game, I will gladly give you the address to mail it to, oh heck I will save you the shipping you can just send me cash! This is a free to play game and I am not out any great amount of money. But Cryptic may want to fix this ASAP or they could be losing paying customers. If I cannot get online this month, I am sure to find something else I can do on the internet.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the reports, folks, I know I've been a little quiet.
    * Queues: We've got an official feedback thread for that now. We've got some more fixes / improvements going live shortly (next build).
    * Tenser's: Flourish animation bug is in the system now.
    * Tenser's BoP: If your Tenser's Floating Disk was incorrectly flagged BoP and you held onto it in your inventory or bank, it's properly flagged BoE now.
    * Client crashes & graphical issues: We're looking into these as we come up. Our next build will address at least some of the DEVICE_REMOVED crashes that are popping up. As far as graphical issues, we're continuing to look into them.

Closing thread, though - New one being posted shortly.
This discussion has been closed.