test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats up with the broken queue system?

shajibsiddiqui1shajibsiddiqui1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Everytime i que, it gets auto kicked after like 30sec or so. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Options
    gryphonsklawgryphonsklaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Presumably you're constantly getting queued with someone who rejects the instance. Not necessarily the same person. The old queue system had the same problem, it would just be willing to put you into an instance without a full or balanced party. New one prioritizes a full, balanced party. Which is ultimately a change I like (and wanted), but it'll take some getting used to.

There are other issues with the system right now, though.
  • Options
    wretch200wretch200 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    No, there is most definately an issue here.

New stuff, new bugs.

Patched 99 bugs, 127 new bugs appear.
    Fate whispers to the Warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."
    The Warrior replies: "I feel no fear, for I am the storm."
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    The problem I have with the new Q is not being able to get into Tiamat or Edemo. If you Q up by yourself you never get in. Then if your lucky enough to get in on a party you have a 50/50 chance to go in.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Before: Not a problem to get into a Demogorgon run once in a while.
    Now: Looking at how the timer runs out, and still waiting to get even into a single Demogorgon run.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Honestly, I think it's all academic at this point. I think the game is far enough past saving that putting together a new and effective queue system wouldnt have made a difference one way or another.

I mean, how the hell do you design a new system. And not put anything in place that shows how many people are queued up for the instances that are listed? STO has it, and Neverwinter is a far newer game then that one is. This is just yet another example of how our development team doesnt have it together. Same technology listed between both games. Hell! They're ran on the same mainframe (Along with Champions, which is why when one game got DDOS'd, they all did.)

The new queue system should have been a softball for the developers. Instead we get this broken trash of a system and a change that makes Edemo once a hour. Which means unless your in premade teams, your not running Edemo anymore.

Good job guys.

• Options
    dirtimus78dirtimus78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've stay stuck in queue forever. Just for skirmishes. Never had that problem before.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    New queue system works much better. You just need to learn how to use it.
    Also (as before) it is much better to make party/queue group before you queue.
    Only think i miss is GM Help. With new queue system, if you leave dungeon and go back, you are teleported to beginning, not to last campfire. That is really bad in cases like CN - 5 minutes running through empty corridors. Still with new system, if you loose your DC on last boss, you can invite someone YOU CHOOSE to replace it. That is really nice feature.
  • Options
    sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    mmm1001 said:

New queue system works much better. You just need to learn how to use it.
    Also (as before) it is much better to make party/queue group before you queue.
    Only think i miss is GM Help. With new queue system, if you leave dungeon and go back, you are teleported to beginning, not to last campfire. That is really bad in cases like CN - 5 minutes running through empty corridors. Still with new system, if you loose your DC on last boss, you can invite someone YOU CHOOSE to replace it. That is really nice feature.

Sorry, but No. The New Que System, as it is now, is not better. In-fact it does not work properly for over half the users. And it is not a matter of learning to us it. Its a matter of the que system being broke. Solo players can not que. Groups get locked into groups or people are kicked and penalized for being kicked for no reason. That's the que.
  • Options
    boundaryriderboundaryrider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The new queue system doesn't work for me.
    I cannot get into PVP at all . Everytime I queue, on pressing to accept the invitation I get rejected, and get a 5 minute penalty.
    EDEMO - Is locked for me, despite me having done it many times before this new system was implemented.
    It's been a week since release and it still doesn't work. Its apalling.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User

The new queue system doesn't work for me.
    I cannot get into PVP at all . Everytime I queue, on pressing to accept the invitation I get rejected, and get a 5 minute penalty.
    EDEMO - Is locked for me, despite me having done it many times before this new system was implemented.
    It's been a week since release and it still doesn't work. Its apalling.

Same here, when I solo queue pvp. Cryptic hates PuGs I guess ;) .
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    just flat out working erraticly,, sometimes will sit for hours without a hit,,, and i select everything because i really don't care which one i run as long as i get to run them, so you can't say it's because i'm being TOO selective
    then sometimes the thing will pop to join a dungeon/skirmish and then I'll wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happen
    never seem to be able to select LEAVE selected ques,,I'd gladly take the penalty,,, just let me Leave!
    and then sometimes it works peachy keen, without a hick-up
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Again, Queue system is working. If people don't want to play with YOU, that is not problem of queue system. People probably didn't want to play with you before, but they were FORCED by old system. New system gives more freedom of choice, which is really nice.
  • Options
    shajibsiddiqui1shajibsiddiqui1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    mmm1001 said:

Again, Queue system is working. If people don't want to play with YOU, that is not problem of queue system. People probably didn't want to play with you before, but they were FORCED by old system. New system gives more freedom of choice, which is really nice.

What are you talking about? You cant even see who is queing for what until you actually join one.
  • Options
    mmm1001 said:

lol. If it were working, we wouldn't get stuck in the dungeon or kicked from a premade group of your guildies...I'm glade it works FOR U. Actually gives me hope. But don't ASSUME that everyone's situation matches yours. It's a FACT that the que is not working properly for a lot of people. Getting tired of people claiming others just don't know how to use the system when the system itself is not working as intended.
  • Options
    BTW, I for one like the new Que system...the problem is it's not working as intended. It's like a new toy that breaks as u take it out of the box. I just want it fixed before too many leave the game again.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    While it is buggy, I think that there are a lot of people who just do not understand how it works. To see who all is in queue with you, you do have to press K. Something odd I've noticed, though it's probably WAI, if you are in a party with someone, and you press K, it automatically invites them to your queue group.

But yes, there are some bugs with it, and the devs are working on it. Some should be resolved today. I don't know if it will fix it totally or not, but hopefully it will be a lot better.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

The problem I have with the new Q is not being able to get into Tiamat or Edemo. If you Q up by yourself you never get in. Then if your lucky enough to get in on a party you have a 50/50 chance to go in.

I ran into this last night and when I asked about it in WoD zone chat I was told the only way people are getting in is with a 25 premade group, this doesn't allow a solo player to do Tiamat, there should be a way a solo player can get in and any size group can queue and go in until that instance is full...... @strumslinger can you ask the devs if they can fix it so we can solo some of these dungeons, like we used to be able to, I for one enjoyed being able to leisurely dungeon crawl in some of the lower dungeons when I got done with my dailies
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It worked fine before, now it's not working.
    And yes, it is really that plain and simple.

And no, the last patch did not fix anything.
    The queue is still broken.

I'm also not asking for something extra, but until the queue is actually working again, they should come up with a compensation for this. When all i can do is watch a timer running out instead of getting into a run and actually play, then something is clearly broken here.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!