test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra bug need patch asap

herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
Her death hand or whatever is invisible to be targeted.

Comments

• juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    They aren't targetable. You are meant to avoid them, not attack them. Not a bug, a mechanic of the fight. Or do you mean the ones that grab players and hold them in place dealing damage to them?
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    He talks about the one, that restrains you. You suddenly cant move and you are stunned. AoEs work, but is is a joke, that they destroy existing content, when they 'update' the game.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    Its just not doable unless you have a high ilvl group to kill the boss fast. Just avoid and limits people to eLOL or CN......
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Cn seens more profitable
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    not like Valindra plays any significant role in nwo's story, why fix her...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User

not like Valindra plays any significant role in nwo's story, why fix her...

"All my plans wasted.... because of youuuuu! You will regret this, mortals!"
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yes, he means the phantom claw, which is meant to be visible and targetable, and is unavoidable (even control immunity won't help you). He's not talking about the aoe knockback centered on her. I've already made a bug report about it in the appropriate part of the forums.

As far as Valindra's irrelevance: when you kill her in VT, you get a cut scene of her soul returning to her phylactery. So...what's up with that? Is that just to shove it in our face that we didn't *really* kill her, or was there supposed to be some point at which you went in there and actually destroyed her for real, or what's the deal with that?
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Its been that way since the dungeon release. I mean phylactery thing. I remember it really pissed me of back in mod 2 when i did it for the very first time. My guess is they planned for some kind of continuation but... As for the claw.. Did vt 2 times since mod 9 release didn't notice anything cause she died VERY fast. Really miss good old times when y actually had to take out caskets/coffins or wipe. 12-3, 9-12... Oh nostalgia. I remember ppls stunned though but aoe attacks work apparently since i managed to free ppl grabbed next to boss by spamming hindering strike on hr. Annoying bug but hardly makes the fight impossible,
    krymkac said:

Its been that way since the dungeon release. I mean phylactery thing. I remember it really pissed me of back in mod 2 when i did it for the very first time. My guess is they planned for some kind of continuation but... As for the claw.. Did vt 2 times since mod 9 release didn't notice anything cause she died VERY fast. Really miss good old times when y actually had to take out caskets/coffins or wipe. 12-3, 9-12... Oh nostalgia. I remember ppls stunned though but aoe attacks work apparently since i managed to free ppl grabbed next to boss by spamming hindering strike on hr. Annoying bug but hardly makes the fight impossible,

You have to be aware of the bug, or smart enough to deduce it on the fly.

A lot of people are neither.
    edited March 2016

Possibly, but not per se. It's also simply following DnD rules. You can't kill a lich by defeating his/her physical form. As you say, the soul returns to the phylactery where it can generate a new body. Only by destroying both lich and phylactery can you truly destroy a lich. See the phantasmal fortress. Same thing there, but there we get to destroy the phylactery as well.

As much as I'd love to get my hands on Valindra's phylactery, I can understand why they don't allow us to. In the DnD universe, she is still very much alive Well, as alive as an undead being can be at any rate. In the future -compared to where we are in time in this game- she's indirectly responsible for the death of the same Bruenor Battlehammer we've been helping during the last 2 campaigns. I don't think WotC will allow Cryptic to remove her from the universe. Usually, that's up to the original creator of the character and not a licensed MMO.

Ah, well, that explains it a bit. I feel like that could have been spelled out better. A piece of lore about phylacteries when you beat her, or something. I've played a lot of tabletop D&D so I'm quite familiar with lichs myself, but some little explanation about the phylactery seems needed within the game for those who aren't, and maybe some little blurb that indicates why hers is inaccessible, even if it's a subtle "maybe you'll get to it in the future?" sort of thing. There's a lot of things in this game that I feel have poor story justification (such as: what is Tuern and why do I care?, but possibly I missed reading a lore entry there...).

There are actually quite a lot of lichs we encounter in the game, including one in Chapter 4 itself.