test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[SPOILER] Castle Never - Green Mist Hall map

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
Not sure if this will help anyone, but I thought I'd share it anyway. Apologies for the messy mouse-hand writing. :P

Let me know where I missed other things, pretty sure another group of demons isn't marked on there...
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I think it is easier to fight in the monster area in the danger room than staying in ymmv area.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

I think it is easier to fight in the monster area in the danger room than staying in ymmv area.

Hehe, hence YMMV. :P Personally, I just sprint through to the campfire and deal with the pursuing baddies there. I think there is a "safe" spot where the demons are in that danger room though, just risky to hug the glazerbu and baalruugas there while avoiding the orb.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    That first group of monsters can be skipped entirely. Turn left instead of right and hug the far left corner of the room and the green ball won't hit you. Then when it passes you, run straight through to the next room. No need to engage that pack of monsters.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

That first group of monsters can be skipped entirely. Turn left instead of right and hug the far left corner of the room and the green ball won't hit you. Then when it passes you, run straight through to the next room. No need to engage that pack of monsters.

Everyone needs to be onboard with this or it turns into a mess though. One person hitting a mob means you have to deal with them unless you want to wait at the campfire while they take the long walk back.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Ooo which group is this? The ones in the first hall or the one in the room where the green ball just orbits around in a circle?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Ooo which group is this? The ones in the first hall or the one in the room where the green ball just orbits around in a circle?

Oth can just be skipped. The only pack of monsters that has to be fought is the final one.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    In the final room (before campfire), the best spot to fight is the bottom right hand corner (thats if you dont go and fight at the campfire). There is more room in that corner compared to YMMV spot marked on that map.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    If you do fight the last spawn at the camp site it might be worth noting that AoE power indicators, say from the Glabrezu or even Astral Shield are invisible for some reason there.
    Good to know guys, thanks! Also I did try fight in the bottom right of the final room the first time but got slaughtered since I had no room to dodge. Something like eat green death or glazerbu claw to face. :P

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Great map. Thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Good to know guys, thanks! Also I did try fight in the bottom right of the final room the first time but got slaughtered since I had no room to dodge. Something like eat green death or glazerbu claw to face. :P

I play a variety of classes and find that no matter which one I'm on, in that corner i face tank - CW i freeze, DC I use AA for immunity, OP use Templars for the temp HP to hold them off. It's more a stand still and kill them corner.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2016

There is a bench chair. Jump over the bench chair and then fight. You will have more room. If you stay behind the bench chair, the green ball won't touch you at all. Don't dodge out from behind the bench chair (you may not be able to dodge out that easily anyway).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Good to know about the bench chair! I'll keep an eye out for it next time. I'm a TR or HR btw, hence the dodging. :)