test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: The Maze Engine

Comments

• Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User

So much AD spent for nothing now that you're removing AD costs from campaigns... effing wonderful...

I've been... intensely critical of these guys lately (to the point where I got banned from reddit for saying something particularly not nice) but I have to say, I've NEVER understood this reaction. "This sucks, it's too hard, you need to fix this" is the cry from players. Thing gets fixed. "This sucks! We wasted all this effort and now you made it easier!"

Exactly what they heck are they supposed to do here? It's obvious they're focusing heavily on quality of life issues, and they deserve credit for that, not complaints and disdain. They STILL aren't getting any more of my money because of their past actions (until you guys admit what you did and actually apologize for it, rather than claiming some kind of misunderstanding) but these changes do indeed merit respect and a sincere "thank you."
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    OK.
    Scourge Warlock: Dreadtheft: The Repel effect caused by this power is now properly affected by Control Bonus, Control Resistance, and Control Immunity.
    Now i want my Dreadtheft to Repel, because since it never had repeled anything. better make it repel before adding resistence to it
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    "Leaderboards"

What is this?

They reset the PvP leaderboard every new module. If you only play PvE, move along, nothing to see here.

Oh! Thanks! no wonder I never cared to notice that before.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options

lirithiel said:

Under Known Issues:

The following lockboxes are currently unavailable on the Auction House: Dark Forest Lockbox, Feywild Lockbox, Frozen Crystal Lockbox, Magnificent Emporium Lockbox, Rusted Iron Lockbox, Unearthed Lockbox.

This has me a bit confused.

That's all the ones with planar idols in the loot table. :/
    Next week they will say: " due to unseen problems, those lockox needed to be removed from game, but, you all will be rewarded with 1 planar idol, again we are sorry for the problems that might have caused.
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    You guys broke stuff. OP Kite shield of elemental fire can't be refined. No idea if other OP OH artifacts are affected.
  • Options
    offugooffugo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    While using windowed Fullscreen, any time I go to other application outside of Neverwinter, when I come back in, I have to reset the brightness calibration on the game. All I have to do is touch the advanced slider and it resets back to the brightness I had set it at. This did not happen before this mod
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

You guys broke stuff. OP Kite shield of elemental fire can't be refined. No idea if other OP OH artifacts are affected.

Apparently all OP offhands are. Thats the reports across the forums.
  • Options

Apparently all OP offhands are. Thats the reports across the forums.
    Awesome. There was a report of OP OHs having issues on preview, specifically the SH OH but apparently it affected them all and made its way to live.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

lirithiel said:

Under Known Issues:

The following lockboxes are currently unavailable on the Auction House: Dark Forest Lockbox, Feywild Lockbox, Frozen Crystal Lockbox, Magnificent Emporium Lockbox, Rusted Iron Lockbox, Unearthed Lockbox.

This has me a bit confused.

That's all the ones with planar idols in the loot table. :/
    Exactly.

Proof the devs are pursuing all angles to control the goldsellers and botters.

I'm fine with this - aside from the idols, almost everything left in most of these is cheap junk now anyway (aside from the purple mounts - and in the case of the Unearthed and ME, the orange mounts).
  • Options
    sam17uraisam17urai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    anyone else notice that the frozen demon sled looks like a normal sled now? so sad.... :(
  • Options
    Not only is refine broken for my OP shield, but it has the same stats from green to orange right now.
  • Options
    teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    i had seen how lame the reward box is getting and how it only gives you rank 5 enchantments . and if they would remove them for rank 7 or 8 i know the reward box would be so much better . if they would stop making the reward box so lame when you never get nothing good out of it . cause what i would like to see in a reward box would be either rank 7 or 8 enchantments . or seeing one retraining token along with a appearance change token in the reward box . and if the training books got upgraded as well to epic i know i would love seeing them to . since i know i never get 30,000 ads a power point or a gem to refind my artifacts with , since i thought i would share my thoughts for how i felt about the reward box not giving good item ....
  • Options
    lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    New queue system looks good, but only looks. I can't enter any pvp after patch - just recieving penalty because someone else declined.
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User

New queue system looks good, but only looks. I can't enter any pvp after patch - just recieving penalty because someone else declined.

I'm also sitting in queue and never seeing a match. Also, got a leaver penalty from someone else declining. Saw several attempts to queue, but then reverts back to waiting for queue.

Looking at the leaderboards, I'm guessing the group queue is working as it appears that 34 pages of players have successfully played multiple matches today and they all appear to be in PVP guilds. I'm queueing as a solo player... :(
  • Options
    perfectstorm4perfectstorm4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    Actually it worked for me once but if someone declines I get 6 minute leaver penalty also....
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    candinho2 said:

OK.
    Scourge Warlock: Dreadtheft: The Repel effect caused by this power is now properly affected by Control Bonus, Control Resistance, and Control Immunity.
    Now i want my Dreadtheft to Repel, because since it never had repeled anything. better make it repel before adding resistence to it

Maybe they meant Hadars grasp?
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Any news on when the Gilded Giant Spider, bought from the Zen Store with Real Money, will be fixed...since from what I and other players who own said mount are hearing, the Wondrous Bazaar Version was made functional in the new stable system...but the cash store version wasnt....
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    WOW!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I want my dreadtheft to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and I want it now.

Mod edit, please don't shout. I have sensitive ears. Thanks.
  • Options
    vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Me too... before patch i start 7-10 pvp match dayly. Now... in 3 days only 1... Its somthing wrong in new queue pvp.
  • Options
    mechanicalpearmechanicalpear Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm also curious if the x2 Profession is now both drops and experience, or if they are two separate events. Will the Profession event on the 24th be x2 experience?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm also curious if the x2 Profession is now both drops and experience, or if they are two separate events. Will the Profession event on the 24th be x2 experience?

It is an improvement to the existing 2xProfession event, which in the previous incarnation was so lackluster that basically nobody cared about it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    refused200refused200 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was playing before the upgrade, then I downloaded the update, my game is not out of character select screen. Anyone know how to solve?My cpu not so old, but it is not new. I have friends of the guild have computers and they are playing worse. I'm downloading the game again. I tried forced verification and safely and not forward.
    I installed the game again. Excludes all pc and installed again worked well so was taking disconect the new dgs, forced verification and downloaded over 3 gb, and problem returned
  • Options
    duggyduggy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    After collecting the event item from the Reward Agent... I double-clicked the maze engine requisition xp scroll and got the xp boost. Hubby double-clicked on it and got the message "You already have all the items in this package." He's tried restarting, exiting out completely, cleaning... blah. No love. Anyone else having this problem? Better yet... anyone know of a fix or something else we can try?
    Post edited by duggy on
  • Options
    bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    It is looking great and I am looking forward to it on the xbox but so far I see one trouble. Why are you ading another lockbox? We have the one that you open and you get lucky enough to get a pack for a mount or something you get to pick it. Just add the stuff from the new lock box into that there is no need for another one that will replace that one. I am still trying to get that black ice war horse and I have all ready opened a ton of those bloody things. In less you are going to put every single mount/companion from the old boxes in the trade bar store. Because so far it seems like not everything is there. That is the only problem I see so far.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • Options
    mhersheymhershey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Okay, I feel like I've missed something. Where are the "reduced stronghold costs?" As far as I can tell, everything still costs the same as it did before the patch.

I have a very small guild, & if the costs are not going to change appreciably, I'd like to know, so I can warn them that's it's going to take a lot more work to build up our stronghold. We were all very excited to hear that costs would be reduced, but after all the patches last week....we see no changes?
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I was playing before the upgrade, then I downloaded the update, my game is not out of character select screen. Anyone know how to solve?My cpu not so old, but it is not new. I have friends of the guild have computers and they are playing worse. I'm downloading the game again. I tried forced verification and safely and not forward.
    I installed the game again. Excludes all pc and installed again worked well so was taking disconect the new dgs, forced verification and downloaded over 3 gb, and problem returned

Same for me, was playing perfectly fine before the patch/rollout, but now it stops at or just before the character select screen everything just freezes, if I hover the cursor over something nothing happens for about 2 - 3 minutes then it highlights, if you click it another 2 - 3 minutes and then the action, any attempt to login just gets a timeout. Have tried every combination known to mankind in the options and nothing fixes it. I expect they have removed code supporting older cards/drivers. Several mods ago they did something to the code which prevented older cards displaying the UI properly, many people were unable to play, a few patches (like many weeks) later when they did a weekly patch, they snuck back the code quietly along with whatever else was in the patch and suddenly all was working again. No apology, no explanation. They apparently do not realize how many of their paying customers are on older cards. There are ways of moving forward, and this is not the way to do it. It is patently obvious, the game was playing and working for us all before the rollout/patch and now is not, we have changed nothing on our systems, the issue is obviously what they have done on their end. Don't bother trying to work out ways to get it to work, if it doesn't work now it won't work no matter what settings you try. Just leave the game alone, and every time they do a patch (Thursday) try again, if still not working wait another week for the next patch and try again etc. All we can do is hope they put the code back in like they did before. If they want to remove support for older cards, they need to do it like other places do it... give notice to people so they can organize an upgrade in a timely manner and in the meantime not have their gameplay disrupted. Any other way of doing it just tells their customers that they do not give a you-know-what about them.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    mhershey said:

Okay, I feel like I've missed something. Where are the "reduced stronghold costs?" As far as I can tell, everything still costs the same as it did before the patch.

I have a very small guild, & if the costs are not going to change appreciably, I'd like to know, so I can warn them that's it's going to take a lot more work to build up our stronghold. We were all very excited to hear that costs would be reduced, but after all the patches last week....we see no changes?

AD, Fey, and Tyranny where reduced. Then for Surplus and Gems they put crafting tasks in professions. Finally for Fey, Dread, Frozen - the campaigns now have the ability to craft vouchers (For example the fey voucher requirements would give 675 points, the voucher gives 1000 - so a bonus of 325 points).
  • Options
    bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Hold on I just thought of something. You said you are going to make strongholds easier to level and stuff and I love that but what about guilds that just can not get anyone to join or can not get in time to fight and kill the dragons. Are you going to make it so the fangs/lion stuff is buyable? Or at least give us a quest like in the well of the dragons that gives us favors? And I can help you there like in the well for the fang pve stuff we have to kill X number of dragon cultist that are around the dragon spawn spots. For the pvp lion stuff have a part of the map that spawns player like npcs like how the pvp zone in icewind dale does (but it not pvp in the guild that would be pointless and have too many people fighting brothers in arms to "be on top") and have players kill X number of them then you get one of the respected items for completing the quest and you could do it daily so no one can do it 30 times in a day and get a full set fast. It is fast but still hard it is balanced hopefully it is easy enough so you can do it solo and what it will do is let you add to the dragons a rare chance to drop a piece of the dragon flight gear and same with pvp and the lionsmain stuff.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
This discussion has been closed.