test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my mount vanished.

divineone69divineone69 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I had the Guilded spider mount equiped before the update, and now it's gone. It's not in my stable, or my inventory. When I go to the Zen store it says it is in my inventory, but it's not. way to go Cryptic I spend my money on something, and you take it away.

Best Answer

Answers

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Youre not the only one, I lost it on my characters as well...I submitted a ticket, and thats not exactly going as smooth as I hoped it would....
  • divineone69divineone69 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It just really bugs me after all the money I spend on this game lol. I hope it's a bug, and they fix it soon.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    same here
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Please file a support ticket.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have a simple question; should I wait for the dust to settle or get on my characters and check the mounts?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I have a simple question; should I wait for the dust to settle or get on my characters and check the mounts?

Well, it would be helpful if you can get on your characters and see if there are any other bugs with the mounts. Sadly, they weren't able to be thoroughly tested on Preview, I don't think, because of the lack of the Zen store. :( They are aware that all unbound versions of Tenser's Floating Disk have became bound on pickup, which is a bug that will be resolved. I'm making sure they are aware of this issue with the Gilded Spiders as well.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

I posted a ticket...The response was to take a screen capture of the zen store, then a pic with the error message, then one at the rewards claim agent...A little complicated and kinda irritating (Most other MMO's I play, they can just check your accounts items)...

Problem that I have is they say it will save to microsoft paint, when I hit print screen...I dont have Microsoft Paint on my computer...Im using Windows 8.1, and everytime I try to find it, it takes me to the app store. Where I can buy a copy, or download free versions from some companies Ive never heard of....(Again other MMO's I play have a Screenshot system built in)

Not really wanting to download an app from some company Ive nenver heard of, and not wanting to buy it (Honestly I would never use it again)...so can we maybe find a work around?

kreatyve said:

Well, it would be helpful if you can get on your characters and see if there are any other bugs with the mounts. Sadly, they weren't able to be thoroughly tested on Preview, I don't think, because of the lack of the Zen store. :( They are aware that all unbound versions of Tenser's Floating Disk have became bound on pickup, which is a bug that will be resolved. I'm making sure they are aware of this issue with the Gilded Spiders as well.
    Some of my other toons have the mount in their bags...only the characters that had it equipped had it completely disappear...

On one other character I attempted to put it in slot 7, after clicking on the Spider in the bag, an option to equip popped up. I hit the equip choice, the mount disappeared. It was not put into my stable, it was not put back in my bags, nor in my bank. Again, the zen store is claiming I have it in inventory...

Kinda getting irritated as this was an item I payed real cash for...
    /bind F5 "screenshot_ui_jpg"

so..
    I have multiple zen store mounts; all equipped on my chars = no more present in zen store.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

kreatyve said:

I posted a ticket...The response was to take a screen capture of the zen store, then a pic with the error message, then one at the rewards claim agent...A little complicated and kinda irritating (Most other MMO's I play, they can just check your accounts items)...

Problem that I have is they say it will save to microsoft paint, when I hit print screen...I dont have Microsoft Paint on my computer...Im using Windows 8.1, and everytime I try to find it, it takes me to the app store. Where I can buy a copy, or download free versions from some companies Ive never heard of....(Again other MMO's I play have a Screenshot system built in)

Not really wanting to download an app from some company Ive nenver heard of, and not wanting to buy it (Honestly I would never use it again)...so can we maybe find a work around?

Would this link help?

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140131011112AAwWx7t
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    still waiting for a response back for my ticket besides when, and what time did this happen.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My account only has white horse, shadow wolf (green), and the winter wolf. So I am good, no issues with these three mounts. I like the idea of storing up to 5 mounts in some place other than a bank or bag slot. The jury is still out on this "weaponizing" the mounts. To me this sounds a bit too much like the Star Trek Online space ships. Mounts in D&D, in my opinion, should just remain an ego thing. But since I don't PvP, it shouldn't effect the way I play the game.

Thanks! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    There are 2 variants of the Gilded Giant Spider. One from the Wondrous Bazaar and one from the Zen Market. The one from the Wondrous Bazaar was updated for Module 9. The one from the Zen Market was not. Un-updated mounts disappear.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    two30 said:

There are 2 variants of the Gilded Giant Spider. One from the Wondrous Bazaar and one from the Zen Market. The one from the Wondrous Bazaar was updated for Module 9. The one from the Zen Market was not. Un-updated mounts disappear.

They need to fix that then, as I and other mount owners paid real cash for these...
    I agree.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    A friend had the Frozen Demon Sled Switcheroo happen. They can't remember the time they did it, because they got so frustrated they logged out shortly thereafter. I'll try and get them to at least submit a ticket later this evening. Might as well add that to the list of mount snafus.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • skar3174skar3174 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

A friend had the Frozen Demon Sled Switcheroo happen. They can't remember the time they did it, because they got so frustrated they logged out shortly thereafter. I'll try and get them to at least submit a ticket later this evening. Might as well add that to the list of mount snafus.

I have the Demon Sled as well. The Icon still says Demon Sled and has the pic for it, but now it spawns a bleh normal one grrr
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    The last time I filed a support ticket they (the support) told me to put them on blacklist (after I asked what they meant they told me /ignore) and that it would fix my problem with an item I lost after a game bug crashed me. Since that time I haven't really had any faith in support tickets but I know some friends who had great results.
    Anyone have any luck with support...

The first response was the take a screen pic, replied that i couldant as my computer does not have paint...was there a workaround...

About 2 hours later I got another response telling me to check in the stable again, and click swap out of stable...

I want back into Neverwinter and responded again, that this was a no go, as that button was greyed out since I only had 4 mounts, counting the Spider...so I did not make the mistake of not paying attention as was implied...really thinking the customer service rep wasnt paying attention as he mentioned 5 mounts in his response to me...but currently, thanks to the f'up I only have 3....

Sorry bout that long post there...just trying to find out what everyone elses situation is, or if the CS has responded in the same manner...
    I got the same response from support with a link showing the post about the new mounts. talk about laziness.
    can almost bet money this will never be resolved. :/
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic,
    I have 2 characters who had paid MILLIONS of AD to upgrade mounts to purple (DC=Sunite Horse, TR=Wolf of the Wild Hunt)
    In both cases, the mounts have been returned to their bags as Green ranked mounts with 80% speed.
    Mod 9 just released, and my very first impression is, "I've been robbed!"
    Like Marco Rubio said, It's getting harder and harder to support (Cryptic)
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    try waiting on support to unban you because you made a legit ah sale and bought 150 usd worth of zen from arc preparing for mod 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uber frustrating
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    MOUNTS question ...... when will the beholder personal tank become available in zen store.... it is in collections page under zen mounts...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The exact same thing happened to me tonight. I bought the Zen store Gilded Giant Spider tonight, then when I double-clicked it, it vanished. And I can't re-claim it because the Zen store now says I have it in my inventory.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    check your mount overflow bag if you have more than .... 5 i think it is placed there
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

it's not in the overflow, it just dissapears.
    news?

I have created a new alt; I see all my zen store mounts in it's z.store.

but on other chars - it's gone.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Any new info...my last reply from CS was about 3:30 PST...havent heard anything since...How bout a Dev come in here and tell us whats going on...
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Customer support isn't going to be able to help. This issue will require a patch.

As I said earlier, the Gilded Giant Spider from the Zen Market wasn't updated for Module 9. When you use an un-updated mount, it gets put in the old (hidden) mount slot, instead of being added to the new mount system. You can pop it out of the hidden slot if you have a second un-updated mount.

The Zen Market is checking your inventory, and finding the Gilded Giant Spider in the old (hidden) mount slot, and then denying you the ability to claim another.

The devs will have to patch the game to: (A) update the Gilded Giant Spider for Module 9 and (B) deal with un-updated mounts stuck in the old mount slot somehow.

Like all bugs fixes, they will do this sometime between now and never.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    two30 said:

Customer support isn't going to be able to help. This issue will require a patch.

As I said earlier, the Gilded Giant Spider from the Zen Market wasn't updated for Module 9. When you use an un-updated mount, it gets put in the old (hidden) mount slot, instead of being added to the new mount system. You can pop it out of the hidden slot if you have a second un-updated mount.

The Zen Market is checking your inventory, and finding the Gilded Giant Spider in the old (hidden) mount slot, and then denying you the ability to claim another.

The devs will have to patch the game to: (A) update the Gilded Giant Spider for Module 9 and (B) deal with un-updated mounts stuck in the old mount slot somehow.

Like all bugs fixes, they will do this sometime between now and never.

So YAAAAAAAY...so glad I spent money on this game....