test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't solo/duo 3-man dungeons in private queue? :(

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
Please tell me this is something that will get fixed.
I was looking forward to running in smaller party sizes for AD runs.

I see "group requirements will be ignored" in private queue, but then I see "group size does not match requirement for the Queue."
So uh...which one is it? Ignore requirements or have to obey requirements?

Is this busted or the way it's going to stay?
If this is work as intended, I don't see a reason to use the private queue when you can premade it in the normal queue like usual.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Private queue ignores role restrictions enforced by the public queue, and won't give you random replacements if someone drops.

They've acknowledged that we want to be able to privately queue smaller parties, but not said if they'll implement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I think to do what you want to do you'll need a private queue with a full party, then people will have to just leave the dungeon of their own will once you all have entered. If they're guild mates or friends that shouldn't be a problem if you've worked it out beforehand of course.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    You could already ignore role restrictions with a premade using the old queue system.
    The only difference is "won't give you random replacements if someone drops." That's so not useful.
    So really nothing was gained.

What a let-down.

I think to do what you want to do you'll need a private queue with a full party, then people will have to just leave the dungeon of their own will once you all have entered.

Which is the same as before... :(

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    People helping you queue in can leave instead of disconnecting, without the game trying to fill the empty spots, which you did have to go to some lengths to avoid before. So it is slightly different.

The new system does have gains for people not looking for smaller groups, so while I agree this is a shortcoming, there are improvements (as well as bugs).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia