test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intellect devourer's bonus

jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
The tooltips say: ''2% combat advantage'' what does it really mean? I'm so confused now. ''2% combat advantage'' as combat advantage damage or chance to proc combat advantange?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is Spartan bae.

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    To answer the OPs question. Its an additional 2% combat advantage damage.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2016

To answer the OPs question. Its an additional 2% combat advantage damage.

Thank you, and 2% combat advantage damage is equal to 2% damage bonus when I have combat advantage activated right??

Post edited by ambisinisterr on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    yes
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There are two companions that give Combat Advantage boost: Blink Dog and Intellect Devourer - they both give the exact same boost even though their active bonuses are worded slightly differently. Blink Dog says '2% Combat Advantage damage' and Intellect Devourer says '2% Combat Advantage'. It confused me too at first but they are the same apparently. Wish Cryptic would fix the wording.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Curious if they stack. Epic devourer + epic dog = 25% CA?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    well that would be stacking that would be multiplicative. 5% + 5% is 10%
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

well that would be stacking that would be multiplicative. 5% + 5% is 10%

10%, yes, plus the initial CA damage of 15% = 25% ;)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aaramis75 said:

Curious if they stack. Epic devourer + epic dog = 25% CA?

Taken from: http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac’s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/

Equation 2.3. CA damage calculation for non crit hits:

Total damage when CA is granted = base damage * (1+ 0.15) * (1+ CHA bonus%) * (1+ CAbonus %) * (1+ blink dog %) * (1+ intellect devourer%)

Equation 2.4. CA damage calculation for critical hits:

Total damage with CA and CRIT = base damage * (1+ 0.75 + sum of all crit severity bonuses + 0.15 + CHA bonus + CAbonus) * (1+blink dog %) * (1+ intellect devourer %)

Those equations are still correct. The blink dog and the intellect devourer are multipliers and together increase your CA damage by (1.05*1.05-1)*100= 10.25%
    tousseau said:

Did the Devourer's bonus get fixed?

I thought it wasn't working (based on my old knowledge)...

And yes it was fixed.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Thx fabricant. Finally some one with clue in math. This helps me a lot.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    IMO it's somewhat like (1 + (0.15 + stats + cha)*(1 + I[underdark_boon]*0.1) * 1.05_blink * 1.05_devorer
    on crit:
    (1 + total_crit_severity + (0.15 + stats + cha)*(1 + I[underdark_boon]*0.1) * 1.05_blink * 1.05_devorer
    Hehe, this was long long ago, as an Easter egg, you can actually find my handle in the CA part.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

IMO it's somewhat like (1 + (0.15 + stats + cha)*(1 + I[underdark_boon]*0.1) * 1.05_blink * 1.05_devorer
    on crit:
    (1 + total_crit_severity + (0.15 + stats + cha)*(1 + I[underdark_boon]*0.1) * 1.05_blink * 1.05_devorer

Hehe, this was long long ago, as an Easter egg, you can actually find my handle in the CA part.
    That is correct, I did not account for the underdark boon.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

on crit:

combat advantage will not top pure damage like from f.e. siege master, air archon and earth archon, in case I do not get CA 100% up, right?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016

micky1p00 said:

on crit:

combat advantage will not top pure damage like from f.e. siege master, air archon and earth archon, in case I do not get CA 100% up, right?
    Siege master is 4% so is you get over 80% CA up time you benefit more from blink-dog or the butthound.
    But in practice it will depend on your play style and in practice the difference will be less than 1% (no 100% CA up time).

All the arcons have a 'catch' so again their 100% up time is not guaranteed.
    Depends alot against what you are fighting and how geared you are, for example the more geared you are Earth arcon is better (you will probably have higher LS and less likely to be hit significantly), and the more HP the enemy has Air arcon is better, first attack is wasted but all the rest will benefit, if you one shot everything Air arcon is useless.

Because of the additional 0.5 bonus for arcon stacking and higher initial bonus I would go for earth arcon and because air is marginally the same or worse than the CA can get it for the additional 0.5% for both arcons to balance it out.

Though it is (air) probably better for classes with a lot of small hits like CW (first hit will activate the buff) and about the same or worse for burst - depends on the actual CA up time.
    For a more balanced approach why not use them all ? Blink dog + the 2 arcons + siege / butthound

Notice that unlike crit severity or CA from stat, it's not added one to another, meaning when my CA is for example 15% base + 8% stat + 10% cha = 33% A blink dog wont add 5% to be 38% which is 3.7% dps increase, but it will actually be flat 5% (on CA)
    Post edited by micky1p00 on