test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Mounts Retrained

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
With the upcoming changes to the Mount System in The Maze Engine, every Mount that you already own will be getting converted to work with the new system.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9844623

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Acurate, we all want that bad boy at 120%
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Ofc the picture was of a blue ribbon pig....With these changes, everybody in the game will ride that stupid thing...*sigh* Am I the only person that thinks that thing is grotesque and immature?
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Seeing one or two time to time makes me smile but it will be bad if whole game starts sounding like pig farm all the time.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Love it. This will be awesome.

Almost as awesome as crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    "Afterwards, you might want to head on over to Brendon Canter in Protector’s Enclave, as Lord Neverember has decreed that he should make his Mounts available for any Adventurer to use."
    The pronoun ambiguity had me briefly hoping that Brendon Canter would be selling Neverember's mounts, which I assume would be fancy. Then I remembered that on preview Brendon Canter still has the same old selection of mounts. "His Mounts" means Brendon's common horses.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    fatguns said:

Acurate, we all want that bad boy at 120%

Epic speed is still 110%. 120% was a tooltip typo.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    nvm
    Post edited by hawkend on
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Mountssssss ;) can't wait to play around with the insignia bonuses, hope to create a poor man's army from insignia and green/blue horses
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    neverwinter pigS in 3...2...1. f* trolls.

@thefabricant im with you.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

Ofc the picture was of a blue ribbon pig....With these changes, everybody in the game will ride that stupid thing...*sigh* Am I the only person that thing is grotesque and immature?

Shhhhyyy

Only dreams now.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    arkantosdrakonarkantosdrakon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    If i own an imperial rage drake, will i be able to use its appearance and speed with all of my characters?
  • Options
    zarg0000zarg0000 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

With the upcoming changes to the Mount System in The Maze Engine, every Mount that you already own will be getting converted to work with the new system.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9844623

Sounds fun. if only I had any mounts except the 5 gold one :)

• Options
    I can't be the only person who noticed in this screenshot that the uppermost bag is not an Adventurer's Satchel.

Dev magic?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I can't be the only person who noticed in this screenshot that the uppermost bag is not an Adventurer's Satchel.

Dev magic?

It is.First picture was taken when first bag scrolled up.You can see the first bag slot on the 2nd(I mean 3rd one) picture
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    So I'm still confused about something, will my mounts still be taking up bag/bank/alt space or will they now be stored in a magical never ending 'bag'?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    dsn1118 said:

Dev magic?

It is.First picture was taken when first bag scrolled up.You can see the first bag slot on the 2nd(I mean 3rd one) picture
    D'oh, you're right. I couldn't see the scrollbar at first.
    nimandiir said:

So I'm still confused about something, will my mounts still be taking up bag/bank/alt space or will they now be stored in a magical never ending 'bag'?

MAGIC (if they're bound, you put them into a magical bag that is not really a bag; mounts that aren't bound are normal inventory)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    simpotniysimpotniy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does anyknow if we could upgrade our mount say from purple to legendary?
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

Ofc the picture was of a blue ribbon pig....With these changes, everybody in the game will ride that stupid thing...*sigh* Am I the only person that thing is grotesque and immature?

150% with you on that

• Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    WHAT about those of us that already spent way too much on the always overpriced mount training before they were pulled from market.... are you in true cryptic fashion going to just scr*w over those ppl like you did all the ppl that invested in weaponsmithing and artificing before you killed those professions with new bis arty weapons every mod and no tasks worth the millions ad spent on the mithral tools?
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User

WHAT about those of us that already spent way too much on the always overpriced mount training before they were pulled from market.... are you in true cryptic fashion going to just scr*w over those ppl like you did all the ppl that invested in weaponsmithing and artificing before you killed those professions with new bis arty weapons every mod and no tasks worth the millions ad spent on the mithral tools?

Prepare to wear the [Glorious Condom of HAMSTER] for the upcoming HAMSTER reaming inbound. I'd be surprise if they give you something for upgrading those green mounts.

• Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Two problems with this system. Firstly lame 2-4k stats bonuses... Common we don't need more power creep. Not to mention that 4k to recovery for example is overkill. But I guess its too late since not like they can remover 4k arp/movement from axe/strider without epic players rage. Secondly to unlock any bonus/incombat power, heck even 140% speed y will need a bound mout with this bonus. And all those unlocks aren't accountwide. Seriously playing with all the evailable classes is one of main ways not to die of boredom with so little to do for an edgame but with each mod they make it more & more pusnishing. Unless they add a leg mounts to zens tore or epic > leg updates somehow which I dont see so far =(
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The swarm of pigs will be only the first week. People wants to be different will change once they realiced that everyone has the same mount appearance IMHO
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Any news on whether the mount stats and insigina bonuses stack?
  • Options

Any news on whether the mount stats and insigina bonuses stack?

You choose one mount stat to slot.

You equip insignias on up to five mounts in the stable (which is up to five bonuses, contingent on obtaining the proper combination of insignia). The bonuses stack, but "not much" if you have multiple of the same set equipped (clarification was provided by Strum, somewhere....).

Yes, it all involves fairly major power creep.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User

You equip insignias on up to five mounts in the stable (which is up to five bonuses, contingent on obtaining the proper combination of insignia). The bonuses stack, but "not much" if you have multiple of the same set equipped (clarification was provided by Strum, somewhere....).

"not much"...yet i can have 5 of them active wow,gonna hurt pvp badly.
  • Options

"not much"...yet i can have 5 of them active wow,gonna hurt pvp badly.
    You also can't equip more than one of a mount, so not that easy to get insignia bonuses all the same.

Yes, the heal procs in PvP will probably be nuts anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User

WHAT about those of us that already spent way too much on the always overpriced mount training before they were pulled from market....

Well, serves you right. Upgrading mounts was HANDS DOWN the most obvious and ill-advised waste of Astral Diamonds in this entire game. The ability to purchase a higher quality mount in the AH was far cheaper than upgrading, similar to how it has been FAR cheaper to buy a purple companion in the AH instead of upgrading it from green.

Simply put, you should have known better.