test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs, PLEASE Stop that cutscene in Malabog's Castle!

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
often the group get wiped and not able to defend while the show after the death of malabog in throne room, with hordes of fey witches, and running from campfire is really long run.

that cutscene is way too long, even some guys cant revive others, it made it expired.

thumbs down!!!

having long show and having mobs spawn, giving no chance to defend or protect other players, and super long runs from camps made this dungeon most hated.

Comments

• Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    get rid of the cutscenes from VT/PF while you're at it.

we all know where thay is, we don't need a map showing us.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Exactly; but not only malabog, valindra, elol.. those cutscenes are annoying. It is fine if its for the first time a character visits the dungeon.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    There should be option to skip all cutscenes.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    +10000X10000!

Agreed.

SO annoying..
  • Options
    malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    nooo, cutscenes are sooo nice to see (first 5 - 10 timees),

advaced option an sisaable them.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    +1,
    -Killing the trash pack before boss.
    -Overenthusiastic rogue triggers cutscene.
    -the feeling to want to hit him with a keyboard till the escape key drops off goes up.
    (temple of the spider in this case but cutscenes in general too)
    Post edited by wildfirede on
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah cutscene options after first visits, then turn it off,
    why mobs spawn and killing us in middle of cutscene is very stupid.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yep, I agree too. That cut scene is annoyingly long.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    I do agree that all cut-scenes should be skippable. Although, I do feel some stipulations are required when it pertains to any group content:

How I feel group cut scenes should work:
    1. All movement should pause while a cut scene is up.
    2. All combat should pause while a cut scene is up.
    3. All quest and objective timers should pause while a cut scene is up.
    4. All Healing, Damage, and Effects should pause while a cut scene us up.
    5. When a player presses escape to skip a cut scene:
      • That player sees a pop-up during the cut scene saying, "Waiting for players... Cut Scene cancelling in 10, 9, 8, 7..."
      • All other players see "A team member has cancelled this cut-scene. Press "1st BINDABLE KEY" to deny this and watch the cut scene, otherwise the scene will cancel in 10, 9, 8, 7...." Press "2nd BINDABLE KEY" to accept the cancellation. All members must accept to cancel the cut scene before the timer finishes."
      • At the end of the countdown or when all members accept the cancellation, the cut scene ends and normal gameplay resumes.
      • If a player presses the "1st BINDABLE KEY," the cut scene does not cancel and the player that cancelled it sees a pop-up, "A member of the team wishes to watch this cut scene." and will be unable to cancel it any more during that playback. The countdown pop-up for others in the team closes if any still have it up, yet others in the team may initiate another cancelling however.
    6. If a cut scene is skipped, it should auto-skip for everyone in any future replays during that content instance.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I agree with everybody here. :)
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    At the least, they should allow us to keep typing and switch out powers while they're going.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    My only issue is that they are not ESCapable. You can ESC the new ones in Underdark. I thought it was an industry standard to make cutscenes ESCapable.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    What are you guys talking about? The mobs stop taking actions and everyone and everything takes 0 damage during cutscenes. I can routinely do things like use duelist's flurry on a mob during cutscenes (including, say, the mindflayer boss in throne). The best I get out of it is a bunch of bleeding stacks that do basically nothing since they came from 0 damage hits.

You can't die from this. The worst that happens is that a buff skill you proc'd just before the kill has its duration run out during the cut scene. Otherwise I can only imagine you're dying because you're not paying attention when the cut scene ends and combat resumes.

You could also make a more concerted effort to kill the adds first, if they present such a problem.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I agree with everybody here. :)

@ambisinisterr doesn't agree with me. By the nature of your first statement, you agree with me, but agreeing with me means you disagree with me, which creates a paradox :p

Also, OT:
    All these cut scenes should be skippable, the one in VT when you traveling to thay is particularly frustrating.
  • Options
    mishixx#3767 mishixx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    1- I fall down right before the cutscene
    2- The resurrection time runs out
    3- Cutscene ends
    4- I'm dead
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

1- I fall down right before the cutscene
    2- The resurrection time runs out
    3- Cutscene ends
    4- I'm dead

I have had that happen once, but at the final boss fight.

What'd be better is if they reworked and fixed the spawn points in MC. That's what causes all of the issues with the long walks of shame.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    as it is already implemented in post mod8 content and even in level 5 quests like the first instance (castle vault) it would be cool to get some synergy without too muxh hassle
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    i would agree,, just make them all ESCapable like the newer content ones