test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is GF burst damage appropriately balanced for pvp?

2»

Comments

• pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    No. Guardian Fighter base weapon damage is too high for pvp and needs reduction.
    Well I think this poll is uselles and still developers are **** , if they will nerf someone, they nerf a lot ... Yes GFs damage is way too big, but I would rather fight against super powerful GF than super "nerfed" ...
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Just stop to try so hard on nerfing a class so much in an already extremly broken game.

It's pretty striking read this and then your signature...
    Not rly? GFs burst is needed with all selfbuffs and OPs and DCs... But what ever go ahead and nerf the GF, mod 9 around the corner and everyone will selfheal even more.
    clonkyo1 said:

Not rly? GFs burst is needed with all selfbuffs and OPs and DCs... But what ever go ahead and nerf the GF, mod 9 around the corner and everyone will selfheal even more.

Or remove buff from other classes, even class mechanics among and along other stupid stuff devs gave to us. This includes your over the charts burst damage (Yesterday i saw a GF doing 80k crit damage with AoD... Yet you all complained about 10k crit damage from IBS back on mod3... ). Edit: Do you really want all this HAMSTER on PvP? /edit
    Yeah and in mod 3 u had 40K hp not 180K... But i hear ya, do what u want but my best guess is that ranting on forums wont help get any balance in this game anyhow, cus afaik cryptic does what cryptic wants to do no mather the feedback.

But IF GFs get a damage nerf (which is needed somewhat) GWF will once again become monsters that no class can challange. So tweaking the GF means tweaking the GWF and so on and so on.
  • jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    No. Guardian Fighter base weapon damage is fine but nerfs are needed to their self-buffs and buff stacking capacity (ITF, etc) needs.
    ITF is too strong, it's true. I guess if you replace 25%-100% into 12,5%-50% and make that it's "consume" your DR and convert into DPS (not duplicate like now) will be fine.

I personaly don't play with ITF, I also don't lock targets as some trash players QQ above, and will be nice to have GF little bit nerfed as I am bored when there are so much QQ on the game that "GF are so stonk now"... i won as GF many matches in previously modes like mod 3/4 etc where GF were weak compared to now, and will be nice to play as non-OP class.

Over and out lads.
    MrShield
    clonkyo1 said:

3 - False at all, because we GWF players, aknowledge that our damage is our of charts too (mostly, thanks to Lostmauth set, but, as lancer stated, no one wants LM set be nerfed but GWF-class damage instead...) We all almost agree that our damage must be nerfed too in exchange on some buffs on other areas of expertise (along a rework on 2 useless trees which on one plays at all [when was the last time you saw a Instigator GWF besides arcotrolltep12?] ]). However, even yourself right now, most of you sound like "you only want to nerf my class to allow yours to be OP, then, i will defend my own class".

Every class more or less only has 1 tree that works and rest is useless. I play a BiS GWF my self so i know how well it perform with LM and Negation. But yeah start with fixing the LM-set then work from there. But as we all know, they dont work on things that is already in the game, just upcoming new and most likly broken stuff that will make more ppl leave the game.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Yes, GF damage is fine and balanced the way it is.

ITF is too strong, it's true. I guess if you replace 25%-100% into 12,5%-50% and make that it's "consume" your DR and convert into DPS (not duplicate like now) will be fine.

I personaly don't play with ITF, I also don't lock targets as some trash players QQ above, and will be nice to have GF little bit nerfed as I am bored when there are so much QQ on the game that "GF are so stonk now"... i won as GF many matches in previously modes like mod 3/4 etc where GF were weak compared to now, and will be nice to play as non-OP class.

Over and out lads.
    MrShield

i agree with the part it should give lesser damage and i will add ONLY SOMEONE WHO invest on damage resistance will have monster into the fray, NOT like now gf has 35% to 40% dr and he give enormous damage boost and the same time has hp and ls no no that is crazy.
    BUT if they gonna touch into the fray they should touch and paladin aura of courage which is permanent as long the allies are in the right range.
    ITF is a teambuff too but ok nerf it. And paldinds in this game is not a class, more of a abomination. I would never premade with or against them if i could choose :)
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    No. Guardian Fighter base weapon damage is fine but nerfs are needed to their self-buffs and buff stacking capacity (ITF, etc) needs.
    dll32exe said:

zeusom said:

Well, I saw a GF hit a player for 625,000 HP anvil of doom in pvp last night. And he was about 15,000 power short of Maze-engine power maxed. It is a bit much, dont you think?

I saw sw for 1 sec drain all 150k hp from OP last night. It is a bit much, dont you think?

Yes it is. That interaction should be adjusted but only after they fix Pallies so there are more ways to kill them
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This and this. Need I say more?

CW has to choose between control and damage. Why is there a class which can have both good defense and good damage?
    Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    full of proofs that GFs are 2 shooting everyone, zero devs adressing the problem, this game is a
    disrespectful joke for everyone except for GFs, the guard bar should be drained on damage taken like it was before, when they are not hitting for 30k-100k bullcharges they are hidding behind that permashield.
  • eriathoreriathor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yes, and if anything GF damage is TOO LOW and needs a buff.
    PVP in this game is screwed up anyway. For real? Get a life.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    @crainium#5721
    I think Sophi has a valid point to complain as Strum once said, one shots is definitely not part of the game design, and certainly not against a BiS player. And no its definitely not about being able to dominate, otherwise the top guilds would not ban the usage of drains and ambush rings.

Let me give you an easier picture, if our guild decided we would do all we can just to win, then GF is gonna have a very hard time. Sophi will be using SH Boon that boosts Drain's effectiveness, slotting Ambush Ring+ Vision Ring and obviously Double drainsssss. With the number of attacks SW/HR does (on top of Fey's procs), GF's stamina and action points would be fully drained practically in a few seconds, and then GF will just become a walking lol, I guess u can see the picture...? And No GF wont have the chance to one shot people, because they would not have the daily to began with, and the shield.... where is the shield lol... So what if GF happened to have the daily up for once.... hmm.... that's a very serious problem... Sophi would then have to walk away for 10 seconds and wait for the buff to disappear before abusing the GF again... darn, that's a long time..... does this sound fun to you....?

And No, I do NOT support GF nerfs, I personally think GF should be able to choose between a high defense high survival Protector, or a heavy DPS Conquerer, and I think the design is great, however what we are asking is to have GF's damage more scattered to different attacks, boosting some encounters' damage, overall at-will damage, but reduce some buffs' effectiveness, this way GF would still be able to deal decent damage via different encounters/rotates, however not One Shot/One Rotate the target, savyyy...? :open_mouth:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)