Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• cagatayy90cagatayy90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ı think druid or warlord
  • mightyjules81mightyjules81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I hope the monk will be next <3 . Even if the polls show a druid in favor
  • citymysticcitymystic Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'd like to see a Necromancer or Blackguard class. Barring those, I suppose my vote would go for Sorcerer.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    zebular said:

iambecks1 wrote: »

Next class will be Druid , it is known

Spoiler:

When asked which classes from that list they're considering, Velasquez let slip one type that "gets mentioned a lot."

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

As long as it has some shape shifting ability or something cool I'm on board with Druid B)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Alas, Andy Valasquez is no longer with Neverwinter, he went to Riot Games some time back. As well, after that article, the next released class was the Paladin. Druid being the next thing they're working on and when it is released are two different things anyway. For instance, they may have already been working on the Bard while they were working on the Paladin and then posted that, so in that notion, we'd see a Bard then a Druid. See what I mean? That and there being a new Lead Producer that hasn't stated what they are working on next, it's up in the air.

I do personally feel strongly that we will see the Druid class within this year however. Bard too. These two are now among the most requested that I have seen, with a Monk trailing behind them.
    I voted for Druid but obviously Bard is popular too. However something I've mentioned in a few FORUM posts include a Monk that has some similarity to HR (not both Distance & Melee) as this take away from HR class advantage; what I'm suggesting is more tailored powers upon choosing a Paragon that specialize in either Psionic Distance powers or Psionic MELEE powers for Encouters, At-Will, Class & Dailies. So Path of Light is mid range distance Psionic Damage & helps others find hidden enemies similar to Latern of Revalation, where the Path of Shadow's is more like a MELEE specialty who can hit hidden enemies to enable level >20 toons two very drastic play style's. Some Hints about how I'd like to see that considered can be found here plus in a few other threads I've made:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1212383/paladin-protection-devotion-buff-required-after-debuff
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited March 2016

I hope the monk will be next <3 . Even if the polls show a druid in favor</p>

I would like to see a Monk based on this D&D Racial Profile of the Kalashtar.

<3o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited February 2016
    I tried posting this to the new class thread but was unable to do that so I'll post my comments here:

I hope the monk will be next <3 . Even if the polls show a druid in favor</p>

I agree the work should continue on Druid & Bard. I also liked the work <3 suggested by another author for Bard being a Hybrid of Rogue/Cleric for a Bard. I'd perhaps extend the Rogue/Cleric Hybrid model (for some Encounter, Class & Dailies) but include Wizard (At-Will options) as well.

'The bard, as part of the "rogue" group'...

...'A bard who focussed on spells that improved with caster level (such as Magic Missile and Fireball) was a very potent magical threat.'...

[5th Edition] 'Bards join either the College of Lore, which focuses on knowledge and performance, or the College of Valor, which focuses on inspiring bravery on the battlefield. Bards have their own spell list and full casting progression, but are also able to access a limited number of spells from any of the other classes.'
    'https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)'

So hopefully a Bard depending upon Paragon chosen gets 1-3 encounter or at-will powers from either cleric/rogue or even a wizard less any wizard class arcane, fire or cold benefits wizards obtain.

So while I first spoke of this idea for MONK earlier this year. I'm also suggesting a MONK based on the Kalashtar. The two paragon's Path of Light & Path of Shadows has two intinsic abilities.

The Path of Light gives an Aura 20-24.5 feet (similar to Aura of Protection : but hybrid of Latern of Revelation Artifact) but is mostly a medium ranged attacker (25-40 ft) but Aura of Revalation @tier II 21.5ft @tier III 23ft @tier IV 24.5ft) so it doesn't help people close to the primary target only those close to the Monk.

The Path of Shadows has a different Class Power called Aura of Strike that depending upon Tier/Power rating does not reveal hidden enemy HR or Rogue's to other attackers but upon landing a hit reveals them to other classes for 2-9 seconds for example.

I'd also like it if Paladin's healing abilities for allies improved slightly after the HUGE defuff to Divine Judgement.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1212383/paladin-protection-devotion-buff-required-after-debuff
  • diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I was thinking, maybe after the paladin, could be nice a new dps class to the game, like a toon with a scyte, or double katana, or a staff, or a crossbow! What you think?
  • garrolgarrol Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Bard... once more... :s

Perheaps u will considering Warlord? =)
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Dear devs monk,

I would like to take this time, monk to give you my vote, monk for the next character class, monk. I know i am just one person, monk out of millions, monk but i would really like to see the monk, monk. I believe it would be better, monk fit for the current group of classes, monk and a "funner" play than the druid, monk monk monk. Thank you for your time, monk and have a nice day, monk.

Sincerely, monk, Dhenn.

monk.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Im thinking this guy wants some type of monkey class. Probably has tail and can swing around in the trees. Special abilities include eating bananas rapidly and then throwing peel as a trap.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

Dear devs monk,

I would like to take this time, monk to give you my vote, monk for the next character class, monk. I know i am just one person, monk out of millions, monk but i would really like to see the monk, monk. I believe it would be better, monk fit for the current group of classes, monk and a "funner" play than the druid, monk monk monk. Thank you for your time, monk and have a nice day, monk.

Sincerely, monk, Dhenn.

monk.

It seems its time to post this again.

http://www.ruleofthedice.com/2011/02/monks-suck.html

Just say no to kung-fu wanna be's
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I personally would like to see the monk come into the game. But.....I would like to see them do something interesting with the class as far as gear goes. There is no new gear for monks, armor.....Or weapons. Except maybe for cosmetic changes. Instead, use the refining system you already know and love (but a lot of us hate) and adapt it. Create paths for gear, similar to trees that our professions have. Allow us to refine items into the gear to send it on paths chosen by us. Puttings heavier armor into our gear path raises our Defense, putting lighter armor raises our deflect. Putting in offensive slotted rings raises the Power majorly, and armor pen minorly. Putting in defensive rings raises hitpoints majorly and lifesteal minorly.

ETC.

It would take some thinking, it would take some changes to design. But it would deliver something truly new to Neverwinter, unique to the MMO market, and I bet you the playerbase will be behind this. You can do the same thing for weapons.

I am not saying set up the monk class gear wise as other classes have been set up. That would mean creating a main hand, off hand, chest, head, gloves, waist, and boots plus 2 rings using this system.

I would make the main/offhand, and chest use this new system. So your cutting down the work you have to do but are at the same time creating something new in the game. Future expansions will allow you to add effects to the offensive part (Main/offhand). Imagine putting in a flame ability with your hands that does bonus DOT damage, or a negative energy ability that creates extra lifesteal, or a cold ability that slows and adds recharge time to their powers with each hit.

You can add auras onto the Chest part of this that create a AOE.

And the best part is, you would be creating something unique and new within Neverwinter. Your player base craves unique and new.

Also, for those of us who are extremely irate with the constant need to spend vast sums of money on getting the next highest gear. You can just raise the max setting and bump stats up. You create something that has no BIS. There is no BIS when you can max out your hand to hand in several different ways.

Imagine the max rank in this is 60, lets use the main/offhand as a example. Which means you can put 30 ranks into raising the Power/armor pen and 30 ranks into raising other stats using certain equiptment. Or you can go full bore on raising the power/armor pen, or any other combination. Your still going to get people that feel certain ways are best. But you do not limit yourself to 50 billion people striving to get a certain set up. You can vary things up so much with the class that you can take it in any direction. Debuffer, buffer, main striker, tank, off healer, etc. The only limitations with this is what you decide they would be.

The bad part of this is that you probably would end up with the game Monkwinter, as everybody would make their dream character up the way they want and abandon their mains that they have now.

But then again, every new class has tipped the game that way.
    And as far as bards go. I cannot see anything connected to bards anymore. Dorkness Rising has ruined the Bard class for me forever.....I present to you, for your consideration......This video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KVy73OR3XY
  • oxbassoxbass Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've been curious about the next class since I noticed the "Coming Soon" blank in the CharGen. I'm REAL old-school, which is to say that my D&D knowledge comes mainly from the pre-2e, AD&D days of yore (yeah, I'm really that old...). Having never even lain mine eyes on 5e rules, I can't really speak to the details of these newer (to me) generations of the old classes. However, a few points in this discussion did jibe with some of my own thoughts. First of all, like the skill nodes mentioned earlier, armor base comes to mind. Currently there are two classes using plate, two for chain and three for leather; this makes cloth somewhat under represented. As someone else pointed out above, the game is also a bit of a gear-grind. No way in hell they'll release a whole new class without a whole new gear tree to support not only the new class, but the zen store as well. I have a strong feeling that the next class will utilize the cloth/no armor base.

Dunno what the 5e bard's armor base is, in my day it was leather or enchanted elven mail. Druids were also leather/studded base. I doubt they would release a fourth leather-base character into the game without first getting some additional mileage out of cloth. All things being equal, this makes me think monk.

Just because monks are "unarmored" and use "bare-handed" attacks doesn't mean that there can't be a complete gear tree for them- without that, the class would not be commercially viable and not worth the time and effort to develop. They would receive a cloth-based "armor" like the equally non-armored magic user. A whole line of robes, similar to what we have for the CW. Weapon slots would be handled the same way. CW's, DC's and SW's don't use physical weapons, and neither does the monk. Their main might be something like cesti, and their off- could be some sort of focus item, etc. Feet, arms and head would then simply follow suit, creating an entire tree of class-specific, craftable and (most importantly) refinable gear. They'd be fast DPS machines with various actives and passives to keep them in the fight. Originally, they had insane stats at high levels, including AC and damage, which were balanced by lower health. Like mages, they were pathetic at low levels, but among the most powerful at high level (ie Campaign/Endgame) play. Given these points, and the enthusiasm on the part of many players for getting monks into the game, that's where I'd put my money.

For myself, I'd kinda like to see a bard. Always been one of my favorite classes, even though it seems to get nerfed with every new iteration. It would make a good controller and buff/debuff healer type-- they've never really been front-line troops since they were an optional (proto-prestige, really) class forty years ago. Their fighter background gave them better combat abilities than other support classes; their thief background gave them some stealth and magic item-based skills and they could cast a few druid spells. Bardic Knowledge was one of the best reasons to have them in a party, since they were able to identify magic items without using spells or scrolls. Druids would be cool, too, but maybe a little redundant, given the way they might overlap both the HR and DC. Chances are, the next thing we get is another DPS'er, straight off the boat from Munchkinland...
    Just so you know Oxbass. There is always a "coming soon" thing with the character select. That's been there since day 1
  • oxbassoxbass Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yer probably right. But I could have sworn it was just a blank panel after they released the Paladin.
  • himel356himel356 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Monk will be the Best Choice cause there is there is no class with Bare-Fist(It will be uniq semi tank+dps)
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    hmmm...

No prestige class in NW, but will the Druid be able to Shapeshift? :)
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    The Big Note today didn't say anything about new classes for the balance of this year. I do hope that was an intentional oversight.
  • kunteper#0671 kunteper Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Of course bard...

Because we have two religious character -pally and dc-, two mage -warlock and cw- and high gear classed melee warrior. Therefore i do not want monk, druid, sorcerer or barbarian.

Game needs diffirent angles, enough this dps characters. In this case, leather geared, support thief class, buffer/debuffer/little bit dps and illusionist "BARD" character necessary!..

Speedy, persuasive and dangerous.

This class can be slept the enemy with songs, summons a monsters and gives the some buffs to friends. Finally threw knifes for killing.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Heavy Metal Bard - elite specialization :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Wouldnt a heavy metal bard be called a bardarian?

Weapon of choice, Electric Axe.
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Fix the current classes before adding new ones, damn it.
  • sarovensaroven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I hope the next class is the Stormlord of Talos. Hands down the most fun I've had with any pen and paper character. I would love to see it in action in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i hope they will bring vampire
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    plavia said:

i hope they will bring vampire

In 5th edition, vampirism (and lycanthropy) are once again properly racial afflictions and not classes. If we do ever see vampirism (or lycanthropy), it would most likely be in the form of a new playable "race" or "sub-race" that is inflicted with vampirism (or lycanthropy).

I.E. "Dwarven Vampire," "Human Vampire," "Elven Vampire," "Human Werewolf," "Elven Werepanther," or "Halfling Wererat" for examples.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    No news about a new class or race in the Mod 9 Patch notes. :'(